Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Maala
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MaalaYour feedback matters!
HI I am 26 years old I live in noida sec 39. I have polysystic ovaries and abnormal periods I want to conceive my doctor doctor gave me fertomid 50 mg tablet for 5 days from second day of my period and prescribed follicular monitoring but my egg size on 13 day was right msf and left 13*11 and also on 16 th day the size remains same. But earlier before for 2 months the same ultrasound report was ok with same medicine and also Dr. gave me hucog injection earlier to rupture but I did not conceive and this time egg size was not ok please tell me what can I do?
Dear sir/Mam My wife getting conceived. Now 14th week going on. This is G2A1 conceived. So my doctor prescribed natural micronised progesterone tablet 200mg via vaginal inset for one month. This safe or not. Please clarify me. Thanks in advance.
As per a recent study, women who suffer from sleep disorders are more at risk of infertility as compared to others. However, previously conducted studies linked sleep apnea specifically with infertility.
Further, the study states that the risk of infertility is likely to increase with habits such as stress, drinking, smoking, unhealthy habits, STDs and obesity. This new study offers evidence to show that women with sleep difficulties need to pay focus on healthy habits in order to ensure proper sleep if they are trying to conceive.
Hello Dr, my wife got lot of head sweating and little joints pain due to vitamin D deficiency. Pls help us for cure this problem or treatment need to be taken. Kindly guide us about precautions as she is 5 months pregnant too. Thanks.
I am 25 years old female since I got married I am suffering from vaginal infection stomach ache. Backache and legs ache . I am not able to conceive also it as been since one years please help I also got operated taller bladder stone also. Please help in conceive my husband family is forcing me please help.
Yesterday I had sexual intercourse with my partner, and it was 4th day of my mensuration cycle. But usually I don't bleed in my 4th day. But after doing sex I started bleeding. Is it normal or not? Is there anything to worry about?
Dr. pregnancy ke liye fertile time period mein ek din mein kitni baar or kitne din tak sex karna jaruri hai. Or last month meri wife ki date 20ko ayi thi aur vo 10 days late thi. To is month uska fertile time period date kya hogi.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility are considered synonymous by most. However, the truth is that they are not and there are a lot of treatment options that can lead to pregnancy, even in a lady who is suffering from PCOS.
Reasons PCOS leads to infertility
Women with PCOS have different hormonal pathways than a normal woman without PCOS. It changes the system of how your body produces the eggs and prepares your uterus for pregnancy. Three reasons why women with PCOS do not get pregnant, or why it is difficult for them to maintain pregnancy are:
1. Women who are suffering with PCOS do not ovulate normally.
2. They have irregular periods and thus their monthly cycles are not predictable.
3. As they have irregular periods, their endometrium may not be prepared when the egg is released. Thus, it does not help in sustaining the pregnancy.
Symptoms of PCOS
There are a lot of symptoms that show the hormonal imbalance due to PCOS.
1. Ovarian cysts
2. Excessive amounts of male hormones
3. High levels of insulin
4. Fertility problems
5. Weight gain
6. Ovulation and menstrual problems
7. Excess body and facial hair
9. Anxiety and depression
As there is hormonal imbalance in a woman with PCOS, the eggs may not develop properly, and at the same time, they may not be ready to get fertilized, thus leading to infertility.
PCOS infertility treatment
The good news is that even if you are one of them with PCOS, there are treatments that can help you to get pregnant.
Here are the drugs that help patients with PCOS.
- Metformin (Glucophage): It helps in reducing the insulin levels and stabilizes the hormones. Thus, doctors often prescribe metformin that will help in making the ovulation cycles regular.
- Clomid (Clomiphene citrate): Another fertility drug that helps in conceiving is Clomid. It may be prescribed with or without metformin. When women with PCOS take these two drugs together, their chances of getting treated for PCOS and getting fertile become more. Many women may need a high dose of Clomid so that they can retain fertility.
- Gonadotropins: This medication is necessary for helping you with ovulation as gonadotropins are hormones that stimulate your ovaries to release eggs. When someone is not responding to clomid then this medication may be tried.
If you too are trying to conceive and yet have not succeeded, and can find the symptoms mentioned above, consult a doctor and start the treatment.