Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M Velrani
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M VelraniYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
yeah ,thats good.She did her job perfectly with patience
She is one if the best doctor
I have done sex with my wife (a week ago) without taking precaution. Now it seems she is pregnant. And we both do not want it. Now what to do. Symptom shown today i.e implantation Kindly suggest.
Hii doctor, This is madhuri ramakrishna I got delivery in 5th month because leaking of aminoic fluid Now its completed 2 months (March 16th) Now I am 101 kgs weight Height 5'5' inches I want to lose weight Please tell me how to loss weight by healthy diet and exercises Thank you sir.
I am on my periods and we had unprotected sex and next day I take unwanted 72 and now its bleed on 13 may is everything is alright?
My wife did take a 72 unwanted table than she comes in period, during period we have do unprotected sex but I spread out the sperm ,not in vagina So what chances to get pregnant in this condition Please tell me.
My period is always coming late like 1 and half month or 2 months once now this time also 1 and half months completed but now I want that my date is coming because am going next week out of station so please prescribe any medicine for period coming with 1 or 2 days.
I am diagnosed with pcod. I have irregular periods. Can I get pregnant? thyroid level is around 6.75 But no diabetic problem Gain weight from past 3-4 years.
My wife had uterine fibriod surgery before that she suffered by typhoid and cough and cold docter assumed and treated as tb after takin tb medicine a week it occures side effect then b madication stoped now after two year ago what precautions and test reqired please suggest and also suggest a exclusive chest and lungs treatment hospitals in india.
No matter how outspoken you may be, something happens to us in a gynecologist's clinic. And though we have a million questions, most of them stay unasked. However, it is important to be frank and open with a gynecologist to ensure good sexual health. To make it a little easier, here are the answers to five embarrassing questions.
- Is vaginal discharge normal?: A little vaginal discharge is a normal occurrence in all women. This discharge is a way for the vagina to cleanse itself. The amount of vaginal discharge varies from one woman to the next and also depends on your menstrual cycle. It is very easy to differentiate between healthy and unhealthy discharge by merely looking at it. Normal discharge is clear, whitish or light yellow. If your vaginal discharge is excessive or thick and odorous and accompanied by itching, you should see a gynecologist at the earliest.
- Will hormonal birth control affect my libido?: Hormonal birth control affects each woman in a unique way. While for some it can cause weight gain, for others it can result in a weakened libido. This is because hormonal birth control suppresses ovulation and thus controls the production of natural hormones. If you feel your sex drive is being effected by your pills, talk to your gynecologist for alternative birth control techniques.
- How can you make intercourse less painful?: Sex should be a pleasurable experience for both partners. However, sometimes, the act of penetration can cause discomfort to women. This is mainly because of a lack of lubrication that results from not being turned on enough or nervousness. You could experiment with lubricants and sexual positions to make this more comfortable. Also, go slow and take your time enjoying foreplay to stimulate your body.
- Why is there an odor from my vagina?: Just because your vagina has a strange smell, it does not mean that something is wrong. The fluids in a woman's body are affected by a number of factors including her diet, hygiene, sexual activity and infections. Good hygiene habits can control most odor problems. If it persists, odor may be a sign of a yeast or bacterial infection and should be shown to a doctor immediately.
- Why do I leak urine when I laugh or sneeze?: Many women after giving birth are subject to urinary incontinence. This is mostly due to weak pelvic floor muscles after pregnancy and a drop in estrogen in post menopausal women. Simple exercises can often help strengthen your pelvic muscles and hence prevent leaking. In more serious cases, a gynecologist will also be able to prescribe medication for the same.
No question is too silly or too embarrassing to ask a gynecologist. So, choose your gynecologist with care and ensure that you are comfortable discussing your intimate health with her. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Menopause automatically brings about a dip in testosterone and estrogen levels in a woman’s body. It leads to certain changes in the body and also reduces libido. A drop in libido means that sexual arousal becomes a cause of concern. This can bring in certain problems in your sexual/conjugal life. Lower estrogen levels reduce supply of blood to the vagina, thus resulting in lubrication problems. A dry vagina during sexual intercourse can lead you to experience pain during sex.
To remedy lubrication problems, use water soluble lubricants to lubricate your vagina. Avoid using non-water soluble products such as petroleum jelly as it can weaken the latex. Non water soluble lubricants are also known to aggravate bacterial vaginosis. You may also use vaginal moisturizers to address the issue. There are oral medications that are available, which cause the tissues of the vagina to thicken, thus causing less pain during sex.
Improving your libido
You can opt for estrogen therapy to reduce pain during sex as this therapy helps in vaginal lubrication. The main objective of estrogen therapy (Hormone Replacement Therapy) is to ease the discomforts associated with a deficiency of estrogen secretion in the body. You should consult a professional who will be able to guide and counsel you.
Certain other measures to rev up your libido have been listed below:
- Indulge in foreplay: Try and include activities such as oral sex and erotic massages in your agenda. Experimentation with foreplay can help spice things up between you and your partner.
- Try out new things: Change your sex poses, read erotic books or watch erotic videos as these may help in boosting your libido.
Bear in mind that menopause does not prevent STDs; you still need to take proper precautions before engaging in sexual intercourse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.