Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M.SrikanthYour feedback matters!
She is having tooth ache for so many days. But that tooth did not decay. What wil be her problem then?
I have many gaps in my upper teeth n lower teeth I have been suggested ty go fr metallic braces it is safe and it will help me tu close my gaps?
Hi, I am 34 years old male and having gaps in 4 upper front teeth. I visited one dentist in Agra, he is periodontics by professions and he advised me for braces and veneers cost 40-50k, that is too high but they not suggested composite bonding or any cost effective method. Please help me what is should do.
Hello sir, I am 41 yrs old. I m suffering from jaw pain right side since last 2 yrs. I consult many Dr. Like ent, dentist n many more. But no result. I take laser treatment also from dentist. Take many medicine from Dr. But pain as it is. Mri n ct scan report r normal. Now I take dynapar *mr but when I leave it pain is start again. So give me permenant solutions for it. Pain is front of ear and behind ear lawver side but to. Please do needful as soon as possible.
I have yellow teeth, how to remove the yellow spots of teeth, some people say is it possible with some good treatment pleas suggest me what can I do?
I have white spots on my teeth. I don't have any pain but I don't like the way it makes my teeth look. What are these white spots and is there a cure for this? Please help thank you!
Loss of tongues as well as opposite of tongues was also aches (burned), Please advice me what should I take?
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.
I am fifty four year old female and my gums are bleeding continuously from last fifteen years. What should I do?
I have little pimple in my mouth it's paining too much. I can't even eat or drink water. What I have to do?
Many times from my mouth smell comes and I brush everyday. Please tell me how can I get rid from this?
1. Start chewing from both the side.
2. It may take 7-10 days to adjust with new crown or bridge.
3. Maintain proper oral hygiene with brushing twice a day.