Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. M Sohan RajYour feedback matters!
My vision becomes blurry after some time while I was using Mobile or reading the book, and my eyes becomes wet. What is the reason for this and should it be cured.
Eye problem. White particles like dandruff ruined my eyes. Causes weakness and continous flow of tears.
I am a b tech student. And I have sit for nightouts. Sometimes my eyes get blur and I can not distinguish things around me. After it gets normal, I get a severe headache. That blur remains for 15-20 mins. But headache longs for more than 3 hrs. Can you suggest any reason and cure for it.
I am suffering with fatty liver from quite some time and I have developed upper abdominal pain n burning from last one months lft test done and all reads fine pls advice.
Hi I am preparing for competitive examination very sincerely and hardly I have been sleeping only 4 hours a day for last 3 months and every day when I woke up I hot severe eye irritation and got evening one side headache though I refreshing by using tea tablets it is not working I can't stop studying but have to reduce this side effects.
I asking questions you. My problem is my eyes. My eyes falling regular water. please help me. Thank you.
I have a night blindness problem and some times it turn into a big issue. It irritates me a lot may I have some treatment for this problem.
I'm 22. My eye sight was increasing day by day. I heard that eye sight will be increasing till the age of 25.
Sight is one of our most important senses. To ensure that your vision is not compromised, regular eye examinations are essential. This is regardless of age and overall health because the only way to diagnose conditions in the eye in the early stages is with a comprehensive eye exam. By arresting them in the early stages, many eye disorders can be easily controlled and treated.
During a routine eye examination, the doctor will look into a number of aspects of your eye's health. An eye examination can also indicate serious health issues like diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma. Some of the conditions an eye doctor looks for during an eye exam are:
- Refractive error: If you already have a prescription this will be checked. In other cases, the strength of the eye muscles is checked for near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism which can be corrected with lasik surgery, spectacles or lenses. The earlier a refractive error is corrected, the lower are its chances of increasing. When it comes to children, they often do not realize signs of vision deterioration and hence, an eye examination becomes essential.
- Amblyopia: This is a condition where one eye has a much higher refractive error than the other or where the eyes are misaligned. If this is not treated in time, amblyopia can stunt vision in the affected eye and result in blindness.
- Strabismus: Crossed or turned eyes are termed as cases of strabismus. This is caused by the misalignment of the eyes and can cause problems with depth perception. This can lead to amblyopia and eventual blindness if not treated in time.
- Focusing and communicative problems between the eyes: An eye examination can also determine problems with focusing on objects. With children this can be a sign of underdeveloped focusing skills while in adults it can be a symptom of presbyopia or age related diminished focusing ability. Your doctor will also check how well your eyes work together. If they do not work in tandem, it can cause headaches, eye strains and problems with reading.
- Diseases: By looking at the blood vessels and retina of the eyes, doctors can detect signs of high blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Leaks in the blood vessels or bleeding in the eyes can also be a sign of diabetes or swelling of the macula.
- Age related conditions: As with the rest of the body, the eye tissues and muscles also degenerate with time. Cataract is one of the most common age related issues that affect the eyes.