Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. M.S.RoopaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor I am 23 years old and have power -1.75 in both the eyes. I have been using glasses and contacts from past eight years. Now I am thinking of lasik can you tell me about the risks involved and the expenses of the treatment?
My eyesight is normal but I always feel itching and uncomfort in my eyes. I even couldn't fully open my eyes and If I do then tears comes out of it.
I am 26 years old. Sir I am used computer 2-3 hours per day. Sir last few days I feel some problem in my eyes and also a head. Sir please give me some tips. Thanks.
I am 22 years girl. I have been suffering from recurring stye since past 3 years. I have tries homeopathic medicines also alopathic medicines but it comes back every time. Doctors give temporary eye creams likes zoxan and ciplox drops also say to do hot compressions. I need a permanent solution for this as it is creating alot of trouble in my personal and career life as I am a cabin crew.
My husband is 52 years old. He is suffring from Rp With macular degeneration since 3 yrs. RP was detected before 22 yrs. But he was normal in vision. But last 3 years he get central vision loss. Now he is taking omega 3 one capa b.d nd spirulina. Pl gove me adv how can I save my rest vision of eye. Now he is using low vision aid to read in ofc. But unable to recognise people.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient.