Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. M S RanjitYour feedback matters!
I am 28 year old. I have consistently elevated blood pressure over several weeks. Lowest reading was 155/98mmhg. I am overweight and have diabetes and am treated with metformin. Should my drug therapy be initiated for hypertension?
I am a smoker 4-5 cigarettes a day, recently I am feeling heaviness in my chest and sometimes I feel a slight pain in heart. I am trying to stop this habit, will stopping help me in this or shall I try some medication.
My daughter, 26 year old. Hemoglobin low, blood pressure low. She was very prompt and active before. But now a days she has interest in nothing. Can not remember anything and does not feel to talk to any body. She is telling that she will get mad. Will you please advise her what to do and what will be her diet. Or any other process to follow. Please help. Thank you sir.
He is suffering from heart disease and blockage in nerve of 60% so is it necessary to do BY PASS SURGERY?
Respected sir/madam, I have been experiencing slight pain in my chest and also in the back. Back pain is right behind chest pain. I have also observed clicking sound in my ribs while stretching my chest. I feel a bit anxious. When the pain increases pain in completely felt in the spine. What could be my condition. Is there any medication that can help me. I smoke cigarette. Also I feel I hav shortness of breath.
I am 22 years old. suddenly for a while I am getting severe pain in the heart for a while for about 30sec but it is not happening daily. In that situation I am unable to breathe completely from inside. If I try to breathe completely its paining much severe and I am feeling like something nerve is breaking inside. Now what I want to do please suggest.
I am using daily this tablet (coveram5mg) my age 46 yeas old my job is driving 12 hours & cholesterol have 8.5 using tablet lorvast total start 2 month finish this tablet using permanent for life.
Hi, I am 21 years old. For last four to five days I was more tensed due to work. My bp is varying from 130/90 to 150/90. What I can do?
Age is 49 years is alcoholic since 30 years drinks 180 to 300 ml of hard liquor daily now is facing high sugar ,cholesterol problems creatinine level is also high how can we solve this issue please guide.
Hypertension and insomnia. Presently on Telvas 3D and stresnil. 5 mg. Atorva 20 mg daily. Irregular food habit and overweight.
My age is 34 years and I am having high triglycerine level how can it will be controlled my weight is 87 kgs I have smoking and drinking habit.
Since I have high bloodpressure, I'm talking attend 25 from 3 years. Can I get rid of that medicine?
Hello doctor I felt headache and feeling sleepy as before that I had low bp. Recently I checked my bp which was 110/70. And Doctor as I am doing job and there I have to work the whole day in completely standing position. So please help me why I felt like that and what is the reason behind it. Thank you in advance and in hope.
Counting calories is one of the most popular ways of dietary management for weight management. It is not always easy to do when you're out or pressed for time, may be in a situation like dinner party, hiking, etc.
Here are some basic guidelines to follow when straight calorie counting is impractical.
1. Eat foods that are filling and low in calories. That means, as often as possible, your meals and snacks should include whole grains, such as brown rice, whole-wheat bread, and oatmeal, as well as legumes, such as lentils and other beans. And don't forget to fill at least half your plate with fruits and vegetables.
2. When you eat meat, cut out fat and cut down portion sizes. Choose lean cuts of meat and modest amounts about 3 or 4 ounces per serving (which is roughly the size of your palm).
3. Avoid fried foods. Frying foods adds fat and calories. For stove top cooking, it's better either to stir-fry foods in a non-stick pan lightly coated with a cooking-oil spray or to braise them in broth or wine. Baking, broiling, and roasting are also great options.
4. Choose low-fat or fat less dairy foods. Milk, yogurt, and cheese are good sources of protein and calcium, but the whole-milk versions of these dairy products are very high in fat.
5. Avoid fast foods. Hamburgers, chicken nuggets, french fries, and other fast-food staples tend to promote weight gain for two reasons. First, they are high in fat, calories, or both. Second, the" value meals" available at many fast-food chains are often excessively large and tempt you to overeat.
6. Avoid high-calorie, low-nutrient snacks. Chips and other deep-fried snacks are high in fat and therefore calories. But even snacks labelled" low-fat" are often high in calories because they contain large amounts of sugars and other carbohydrates.
7. Watch what you drink. Regular sodas, fruit juices, and, especially, alcoholic beverages are high in calories.
Source: health beat (harvard medical school)