Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M.S. Ranjit
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. M.S. RanjitYour feedback matters!
How to control diabetics, cholesterol and blood pressure? details:- weight 87, height 5' 9", age 52.
My mother's age is 58 and she has diabetes. What is the minimum/recommended blood sugar level required for teeth extraction? She has to remove 2 teeth. Also, does high/low pressure has any implications for teeth removal?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two week and I have chest pain whenever I cough can you suggest what should be done?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 3 weeks I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done?
I am suffering whistling and sounds in my ears from last two months. Doctor said it is due to weakness of nerves due to high bp that is 140/80. Kindly suggest some remedy.
I am 59 years old lady having diabetics and b. P. I am having stomach problems and tongue heavy (may be fungus). Gas and constipation is the main reason. Difficulty to smooth motioning. I am taking now softovac now, before I took lacti fibre fo9r 9 months but the motion is coming in small goals in starting and sit between the face of the tubeand I have to remove with my had every time. Sometimes last two three days I am feeling something biting and everytime feeling to go to toilet for motion. I am also taking cyra (big) in empty stomac also. If you please give me a remedy for this long standing problem. About 9 months now I done endoscopy there was bacteria and rash in the stomac and they treated me and after that also gas is not ending I took so many medicines for that also. Thanks.
- Lose weight if overweight or obese.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Exercise regularly for atleast 30mins.
- Increase the intake of fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Choose low fat dairy products over the high fat dairy products.
- Have small frequent meals.
- Include proteins like fish, lean chicken but in baked, boiled or grilled.
- Don’t smoke.
- Don’t drink alcohol.
- Reduce the intake of salt and can use herbs, lemon.
- Avoid sugary and processed foods.
- Avoid fast food and fried food.
- Avoid saturated fats.
- Don’t take stress.
Heart failure occurs when the heart fails to pump blood around the body and organs for oxygen and nutrients. As blood moves through the heart and body at a slower rate, pressure in the heart increases. The chambers of the heart stretch to hold more blood to be able to pump through the body. This helps the blood to move but eventually the heart muscle walls weaken, unable to pump blood efficiently. The kidneys, in response cause the body, to retain fluids. The leakage of fluid in the tissues and the organs congests the heart, leading to heart failure.
Any of the following conditions can be responsible for weakening the heart and causing heart failure.
1. Coronary artery disease: this is a disease of the arteries supplying blood and oxygen to the heart that causes decreased blood flow to heart muscle. If the arteries get blocked or narrowed (due to the buildup of fatty deposits), the heart fails to get oxygen and nutrients, which may eventually lead to heart failure.
2. Heart attack: if the artery becomes suddenly blocked or the plaques formed by fatty deposits rupture, it can lead to a heart attack. This happens due to the formation of a blood clot which may block blood flow to an area of heart muscle.
3. High blood pressure: high blood pressure puts an extra strain on the heart for it to work harder to circulate blood throughout the body. As a result, the heart muscle may become stiff or weak to effectively pump blood.
4. Heart muscle weakness: this condition can have many causes including diseases, infections, drug and alcohol abuse. Genetic factors may also contribute to the weakening of heart muscles.