Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. M S MuthuYour feedback matters!
Actually 3 days ago Maine galti se bht garam Pani pee Liya tha to usse tongue pe ulcer ho gya tha wo to cure ho gya bt lios pe halka sa jal gya tha usse. Jaise chhala type ho. Kya apply kru jisse wo Nishan chala jaye n thk ho jaye.
I am 43 years old. I am suffering teeth sensative problems. Doctor adviced to root canal treatment. I did one teeth and I dont find relise pain. Please adv any tablets reduce my problem.
What is the best way how we can out teeth clean and white and what best method of cleaning the teeth, and how we prevent from decaying, please give the solution.
Hello sir. Due to intake of pan masala my teeth have lost It's whiteness n are red now. Only brushing twice does not work. Pls suggest some good teeth whitening tooth paste or any other cream etc.
I have teeth problem. When I brushed blood comes. This is very old problem. My gums now leaving the teeth.
My tooth gum is swelling from last 3days sir what is the solution for this it's painful that I cannot eat food easily.
I have removed my wisdom teeth in january, but still I feel some leakage of fluids in my wisdom teeth place. I have applied many gels. I am a diabetic too. (During removal of teeth doctor has used hammer for removal. Please help.
My mouth smells bad. When I talk to someone the other person feel smells very bad. Suggest me smethng to get rid off this.
One of my teeth in Upper jaw is half broken. Shall I get it uprooted. Also suggest me an effective pain killer as sometimes I feel severe pain in that.
I m 22 year old male, I have problem in mouth small 2 or 3 hole inside mouth now I m taking BCOSULE how can I get my problem solved.
How to protect my teeth from germs, how can I improve my teeth color according to white like a cute baby. How can I care about my hair also?
I listen a clicking sound from my right side of jaw when I open my mouth. I feel jaw pain and breathing problem. I also have neck pain, upper back pain, shoulder pain. In which department of doctor should I see? Please help me. I am in big trouble.
I had lost my 3 teeth in an accident now what should I do! Please suggest me right way for my thigh!
Hi friend, I am Dr Goyal. I am a dentist from Mumbai India. Tday I will talk about cavities and dental caries as we call it. This is the condition which is affecting almost everyone in some or the other form. Most commonly seen in children and teens even adults post 50 years of age are not insulated from this sort of problems , because the moment the gums start to go down we start getting cavities on the root surfaces of our teeth.
How do these cavities form?
We have a lot of normal bacteria in our mouth which use up the food staff which we eat and form a thin film called plaque on our teeth. This plaque thermos the acid which in turn removes the calcium from the enamel of our tooth making the tooth soft and susceptible to removal by any means. The best way to keep our mouth free of cavities is to clean our mouth after eating anything, that has been always told by everyone. But there is more, this give and take of calcium from enamel is always going on. The moment we eat something the acid levels of our saliva goes up which removes the calcium from our tooth but at the same time the same saliva is going on replenishing this calcium and phosphate iron in our teeth. If this balance is broken the moment the removal of calcium is more, then the resupply of calcium we end up getting cavities.
The best way to avoid this is to limit the number of meals e have per day. It is recommended to have not more than four meals a day . after every meal we need to clean our mouth properly possibly brush our teeth but at the same time it is very important to note that we should not brush our teeth immediately after eating because that is when the saliva is more acidic leaving our enamel more susceptible to damage by brushing itself. Brushing itself may cause lot of damage so wait for a few minutes before you brush your teeth. If it is not possible to brush atleast rinse your mouth forcefully there are lot of fluoridated toothpaste available in India also which have a formulation called as anti k which lets our saliva carry more calcium and phosphate which will repair the damage which has been done by the acids on the enamel . all in all get into a healthy habbit of brushing after every meal , eat healthy food , avoid very sticky food avoid too many colas avoid too many chocolates and you can get rid of habbit of cavity formation and be healthy.
Thank you very much for more information you can contact us via lybrate .
If we think about what attracts us to a person in general, the first thing that we can think of is a great, warm smile. A good set of well-aligned white teeth is an important aspect of this great smile. However, white teeth remain an elusive thing for most of us. Some of the common reasons for discolored teeth are as below.
- Hypo mineralized tooth structure
- Food habits
- Tobacco smoking/chewing (learn more for Smoking Effect on Teeth)
- Side effects of medication (tetracyclines, for instance)
The degree of discoloration varies widely and also is hereditary. Whatever the reasons, there is the option of tooth whitening, which is effective with optimal oral health and good oral hygiene habits. Tooth whitening is not for everybody though, the following are the definite contraindications.
- Teeth with fillings: The bleaching agents work best on natural tooth structure. Whether it is a crown or a veneer or a bridge, the bleaching agent will not work on these tooth-colored fillings and composite resins. On the contrary, using bleaching agent on a tooth filling can produce uneven whitening. The teeth without fillings will appear lighter than those with fillings. If the person has discoloration due to fluorosis or any other reason, then it is ideal to complete any pending restorative work before initiating tooth whitening procedure. This should be allowed to settle in for about 2 weeks. After that, whitening should be undertaken which will ensure the best results and match with the composite filling/veneer/crowns. In people with multiple restorations, whitening can result in uneven coloration of the teeth and so veneers or crowns would be better suited than whitening.
- Sensitive teeth: Sensitivity is an indication that the dentin is exposed or is covered by a very thin layer of enamel. Whitening agents will not work very well in these cases.
- Poor oral health (gingivitis, worn enamel, cavities, and root decay): The whitening agent can irritate the gums or penetrate the existing decay or worn enamel leading to sensitivity. The tooth whitening agent works on the enamel, and as the tooth surfaces do not have enamel, they do not produce a whitening effect.
- Age: Hydrogen peroxide which is the most common bleaching agent is not safe for use in children below 16 years of age. The pulp chambers are quite high and the tooth is still forming, so bleaching agents are not to be used.
While choosing to go for tooth whitening, one thing to bear in mind is that it is not a permanent solution to discolored teeth and might require repetition of the treatment. Having a detailed discussion will help set realistic expectations and achieve optimal results.