Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M RamuYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years old, suffering from Hypothyroid from last 6 years. I am 5'8" height and 75 Kg weight. From last 1 year regularly I am doing walk for 6 km daily. Still I am not loosing my weight. As per BMI chart my ideal weight is between 65-69. I don't eat high calorie food also. I reducing high calorie food from last 6 years. Recently, I am feeling too much tired and unable to walk in the mornings. My Thyroid levels are normal, taking Thyronorm 75mcg everyday. I am feeling too much heaviness recently. Can you help me in this regard. I would like to lose weight to get into BMI normal range.
My fasting glucose is 200 mg/dl, hbA1c is 8, was using Diabend M tab, what should I use now to correct my glucose levels?
Hi I am 66 years old. I have diabetes for the last 21 yrs. I am taking veglibose0.3, metformin img, and insulins also. I am fed up with this. Can you suggest some alternative medicines?
My wife have hypothyroidism and taking thyroxine 25 mg per day. Is there any treatment or medicine who can cure this disease?
I am 74 years male test my blood sugar report 143/271 & urea28/creatine-1.5 please advice what to do for recovering the decease.
I am Male, 45 years old, I am diabetic for last 6 years. But sugar levels are in normal limit. FBS 100-110, PBS 120 -140. My right leg ankle is paining form last 6 months. When I stand from rest position the pain will be 10 to 15 min. After 15 min it will be normal. Please suggest me treatment.
My mother has been suffering from diabetes since past 17years. She had shoe bite on her right feet and she is not recovering from the injury. Her diabetes is recorded as 180 and 250. Kindly suggest how to attend this issue.
I am 59 years old and recently when I tested my blood sugar on fasting was 126and after break fast it was 238. What should I do? please advise.
My age 31 male, height 5.7",weight 70-71 ,West 34 ,hips 38. Whole life in front of me. 80 days ago my Hb a1c =6% After 5 days I did fasting sugar =109 mg/dl and post meal =119 mg/dl Then on 15/09/17 my fbs= 83 mg/dl and post meal= 95 mg/dl After this report doctor said you are fine no need to worry Then after 40 days means yesterday I did again Fbs= 114 n post meal 140.8 I eat sweet in diwali but not too much. I loss my weight n now my height weight ratio is proper. I am totally confused. What is happening with me. 2 months ago I am in prediabetes stage. Then last month I am fine no need to worry and now again I am in pre diabetes So please explain my reports and Which precaution should I take. Any medicine for my problem.
I am 45 yrs old male having diabetes from last 4 years, my weight is 91 kg, please suggest healthy diet to control sugar & reduce weight.
Please suggest me the diet plan for hypothyroid. And is it possible that the tsh levels fall from 40 to 0.15.
I lost my father 5 months before the reason behind his sudden death was Heart Attack. He was diabetic since 25 years after this incident there is one fear stuck in my mind about Heart Attack, almost most of the time I read about Heart Attack I developed inside me that this can happen to me also. I stopped enjoying my life, whenever I feel tired or anyelse problem I relate it with Heart Attack. My ECG and Lipid profile all are normal. What to do please help me?
Before one year my fast sugar is 131 and after two hours from meal is 153 then i diet food and do exercise regularly now my fast sugar is 95 and two hours from meal is 125 now i am diabitician or non diabitic what is it
How long thyronorm 25 can be taken if my tsh level is normal (3.9). For past 3 months I'm had 1.5 days period. In my first report tsh level was 9.57 then I took thyronorm 50 then the next month tsh was 0.28 then I stopped medicine and after one month my tsh level was 3.95. For last five days I'm taking thyronorm 25. After being all dis medicine I'm still getting 1.5 days periods only. No changes after medication also. Pls suggest me that I have thyroid problem or not. If yes then after taking medicines tsh level is normal I have scanty periods.
Diabetes is not an isolated disease but a syndrome. It brings with it a host of issues, affecting almost all organs, and that is the reason it is a dreaded issue. Diabetes is the result of chronic inflammation and this inflammation gradually spreads to all other organs. One of the main organs adversely affected is the kidneys. The kidneys are essential filtration agents, and impaired kidney function can have a series of bad effects on the body.
The good news is that not everybody with diabetes will have diabetic nephropathy. However, risk factors for developing diabetic nephropathy are:
- Severe, uncontrolled diabetes
- Family history
- Prior kidney disease, even chronic infection
- Race or ethnicity (native Americans, African Americans, etc.)
- Preexisting hypertension or high cholesterol levels
If you have these risk factors, then all efforts should be aimed at keeping blood sugar at highly optimal level. Once it reaches beyond a certain level, it is very difficult to get it under control.
There would be no symptoms in the initial stages
- If you suspect that increased sugar levels could be damaging the kidneys, it is imperative to do renal functions annually to test for onset of kidney malfunction
- There could be swelling of the feet and ankles
- Urine tests may indicate increased levels of protein in the body (serum albumin in particular)
The idea is to arrest or stop damage to the kidneys.
- Reduce and maintain blood pressure within the recommended levels. This will depend on the age and overall health status. Using angiotensin converting enzymes or angiotensin receptor blockers is the most effective way to control hypertension and related kidney damage
- Keeping blood sugar within the recommended levels helps reduce or stop damage to the blood vessels in the kidneys and thereby, prevent progression
- Maintain optimal levels of cholesterol, as this only adds to hypertension, which further worsens kidney function.
- Eat a heart-healthy diet and exercise regularly. It is a vicious cycle with components including hypertension, high sugar levels, increased heart disease, which all only continues in a circle nonstop. Breaking this cyclical trend is very important.
- Diet should not be too rich in protein, as the kidney function is impaired and may not be able to handle too much protein. Talk to a nutritionist as to how much protein is required and follow it strictly.
- Reduce salt levels in the diet, and strictly do not add extra salt onto your plate
- If you are a smoker, this is a great reason to quit, as it affects all the above conditions.
- Maintain weight under optimal levels. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.