Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M.Rama Rao Mannam
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. M.Rama Rao MannamYour feedback matters!
I'm in depression, how go out? I'm always sad and hungry. My friends are scared of me and I'm crying.
I was preparing for aipmt(medical entrance) for a year. I have me entrance in 15 days. I dont know if I am prepared or not. I m ver tensed. I could not remeber everythimg. I even found it difficult to memorise things. I am feeling pressurised. I am not able to concentrate on studies. Because of this, I am having migraine too. I am scared how will I give exam. I need to study but I am not able to. Please help. I have been crying the whole year and I cant drop one more year.
1. First, don’t isolate yourself – When you’re feeling lonely it is hard to go out and be with others who seem to be OK, and don’t really notice how lonely you feel. But putting up a wall and withdrawing from your friends will only intensify that sense of loneliness, and will further undermine your self-esteem.
2. Second, keep yourself busy – Do things that you normally enjoy with others. For example, listening to a band or maybe going to watch a game … or you could always try something that’s new, but interests you! That would allow you to connect in a non-threatening way … as it takes the focus off talking, and off you.
3. Third, be kind to yourself - It’s likely that you regularly beat yourself up, criticise yourself and are unrealistic in the kinds of expectations that you have for yourself. So what, if it goes wrong? You can always try again – just learn what you can from the experience. And notice your successes and the times when it goes well. It’s likely that this happens a lot more than you think!
4. Fourth, recognise that we ALL battle loneliness at times - You’re not some kind of freak – it’s actually quite normal. It something we’ve all known and understand.
5. Fifth, talk to someone you like and trust – It can really help to talk about your feelings with a family member, a friend or counsellor. It relieves some of the painful sense of isolation – and help to get your life back in perspective again.
I am not very active going lazzy every day what to do and my nerves system is getting slow and also I forgot tings its very difficult to remember any thing.
I have started smoking a lot in past few months, so what should I do to get rid of my this bad habit?
Sir my age is 49 I am habitual drinker and want to quite this habit request advice how can I stop this habit.
I want to know what are the symptoms of depression and also tell me how to focus of mind on single goal.
Shedding tears while watching movies can make you feel better
We all love watching movies be it comedy, action, family dramas or emotional ones. So many of us get emotional while watching an emotional movie. But how many of us actually shed tears? many of us are too conscious or suppressive about how we feel while watching a movie with friends. While watching comedy movies makes us happier and rejuvenates, do you have an idea that crying while watching emotional/dramatic movies has an even more positive impact on us than comic laughter.
Let's see how and why?
1. Some shed tears and some don't: while watching an emotional movie, some of us get emotional and some not only get emotional but cry too. But come to think of it, if you are totally involved in an emotional movie, where a scene comes where you get emotional and you feel like crying but you don't cry, aren't you suppressing an emotion within you? it's certainly a better idea to go with the flow and cry when you feel like crying.
2. Why crying is good: now you must be thinking that i'm strong enough to not let my emotions over drive me, then why should I cry? but do you have an idea that by doing you are harming yourself. If you do not cry, that sadness will hold on to you and you will keep thinking about it but if you shed tears, it will relieve you and you will feel better and happy after some time. Suppressing any kind of emotion is bad for your mental peace. Better take it out and feel relieved. If you will keep the sadness within you, it will keep on growing.
3. Why crying is better than laughing: no one would believe that crying could be better than laughing. The duration of holding on to an emotional situation is more than a happier one. But if we let the sad emotion flow in the form of tears, the feeling of sadness will go and we will feel light and happier.