Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. M.Rama Rao MannamYour feedback matters!
Hi, I tried quit smoking several times but failed. Need to tablet to control nicotine in blood. Please advice any method to stop
Hello! i'm 20 yrs old. I always have negative thoughts in my mind. I even get pissed for silly things. And i'm over possessive over people close to me! this makes ma relations worst wit all. All dis is effecting ma studies. Neither i'm able to take decisions in ma life bout my further studies. I wanted to know if this is a mental disorder and suggest me what should I do in dis case. Please help. Thank you.
I have poor memory and useto forget the things which I instant do. Also I keep thinking much all time and goes on deep thoughts.
I am study in singing school, I am good sing before anxiety disorder, but I am sever anxiety sing off- key ,can it cause?
Hy sir or mam My question is about in my mind there is quite bad thing arise like of sex and something like that I can't concentrate on my work so. Please tell howto control this.
Hi, when I am in a lot of Stress , My upper ( left side ) Back muscle starts hurting a lot. How can I treat it ?
My Daughter 2.5 years old has very bad cough with Vomiting. Given all kinds of syrup. Nothing help her out. Very tensed. Do not know what to do. Please suggest me something.
Hello respected doctors I am 23 years old male I am suffering from many health issues like low confidence thinking, judging and decision making ability, forgetfulness, speaking in slow manner, unable to focus or remember things unable to retrieve information from brain. Please help me is there any blood tests required or need or any tests to be done? What is my case? And with whom should it be dealing with physician or neurologist or someone else? I am even a smoker and am on Bp tabs metxl 12.5 since 50 days only please help me give me a advice I am very disturbed.
I am studying 1st year degree. I have less memory power I want to improve my memory strength what can I do for this. Please give me a solution.
Hi i have a friend in college who has been a patient of depression in the past. Her medications have been discontinued now. However she had developed strange sovial traits. She has become very extremely self conscious and completely lacks self confidence. She is very weak in studies, to the extent that she os struggling with graduation. Doesnt understand anything explained to her. Asks same questions again and again and again . Is very extremely lazy also. I can clearly see she needs medical aid. But probably not her parents as they r burdening her with studies and shes really facing a blunt behaviour from the society. Please twll me how can i help her psycologically and medically. Please suggest me some doctors or therapies whivh i can convey to her parents . Any sort of help would be highly highly solicited. Thanks
Sir, how to control emotion about crush and forget girl and I am trying to move on but I can not do.
How to concentration for studying. And full prepare for examination. So please tell me I done. How to learn long time.
I'm completing my post graduation in end of this year. I still not got any job I in depression. Full of negative thoughts is moving in head. I can't sleep well that's why health is going down. Please give me suggestion.
Hamare sadi ko do sal ho gaye hai hum koi child nahi chah rahe h, isliye hume koi child nahi h.meri patni village par mere ghar par rahti h aur mai kahi aur rahkar padhai kar raha hu. Wo mujhe bahut miss karti h aur mai bhi. Mai use 2-3 mahine par samay dene jata hu10-15 din ke liye. Kya aisa karna thik h?Please tell.
Stress can take a toll on your health in more ways than one and your sexual health is greatly and adversely impacted by stress. Stress can take a toll on the emotional relationship you share with your partner and also your own physical health, thus resulting in a hampered sex life.
Stress and Our Libido:
By now, we know that hormones affect our bodies in numerous ways from childhood to adolescence, pregnancy, menopause and beyond. Cortisol is one of the hormones produced by stress, and you might have heard of it if you’ve ever seen those late night diet pill commercials with the image of the pixelated woman gaining weight in her abdomen. Our bodies need this hormone, but in small doses for short bursts of time. If elevated levels of Cortisol are being produced for a prolonged period of time, they suppress our sex hormones. Lower quantity of sex hormones equals lower libido.
Impact of Stress on Sex-
- Stress takes a toll on libido.
- Low levels of libido imply lesser secretion of sex hormones, thus, affecting your sex life.
- Stress can interfere with your fertility, ovulation and sperm count.
- Stress can cause a shift in the hormones. In women, the change in hormones manifests in the form of an irregular ovulatory cycle.
- Loss of intimacy.
- Being under stress constantly can lead to anger, emotional outbursts, depression and loss of intimacy with your partner; thus affecting your sexual relations.
- Stress also affects your body image negatively, thus leading to unpleasant and bad sex.
How to rejuvenate your sex life?
Ayurvedic medicines help to overcome the stress related conditions without any side effects. Some herbs proved to be helpful in relieving stress & increasing libido like Ashwagandha,
safed musali, Shatavari, Manaskalp capsule, Ozaup capsule. These are beneficial in all stress-related sexual problems. Other tips are:
- Communicate your feelings: Many-a-times, communicating and sharing your feelings, desires and anxiety with your partner might be all that you need to rejuvenate your sex life.
- Regular exercise and proper sleep: 20-30 minutes of body work out or a session of yoga everyday helps you to de-stress. A proper eight-hour sleep cycle will also go a long way in de-stressing you.
- Supplements to boost your libido and energy: Taking multivitamins, minerals, zinc and other supplements helps to boost your energy levels and libido, thus allowing you to enjoy your sex life to the fullest.
- Set the mood correctly: Set the right mood before your intimate sessions; with some soothing music, aromatic fragrance and dim lights. This can and will enhance your sex life by promoting relaxation, happiness and overall emotional well being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.