Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
There is a vein near my neck that beats abnormally, like I'm able to feel it and see it beating. Is this something that needs medical attention?
I am ies student Problem for the psychiatrist Mai college time tak average person scorer raha hu, ab mai ies ki taiyari kar rahu, bachpan mei buri yade jase financial crisis, dosto ka humesha mera mazak banana, dumped up by girl, bachpan mei humesha meri ma ka mere upar hath uthna, yeh sari buri yade muje pareshan karti hai jab bhi mei padne ki koshish karta hu help me to forget my past.
Hi sir myself I am balaji I am from hyderabad let me explain my personal problem I have a suffering from body pains from last 3 months I can not not walk for long time so please get some suggestions. .Thank you.
Hello, I am suffering from extreme depression from last one year. I failed in exams, as a result. I tried to overcome on my own but now it is becoming worse. I cant concentrate on studies, cant enjoy things, my brain always is in worry & always tensed, dont know when I smiled last tym, a temporary relief I get is only when I go out with friends but after reaching home again I forget to smile or if I go to gym. Every morning I cant wake up early. I always feel tired and my mind tensed. And what is even worse is my allergy. Every morning I get up with running nose and countless sneezes. Dust and particle allergy is to blame. Can I beat this stress with medicines, are medicines effective in depression, I wanna feel light and active and ofcourse happy like when I was in college?
5 Reasons to Get Rid of Everyday Anxiety
Anxiety is a disorder where the body is in a state of alertness as a result of a stressful situation. It is an inbuilt mechanism, which can result from stress, threat or pressure. Being constantly anxious impairs work performance and creates havoc in relationships. The blood supply to the brain increases during anxiety, thereby quickening heart rate and tensing the muscles of the body to facilitate a state of high alertness. High anxiety levels can give rise to a number of health issues, reason why you should try to minimize your anxiety levels.
Here are 5 reasons to get rid of anxiety:
1. High blood pressure - Spikes in blood pressure occur during periods of anxiety. These temporary spikes can result in damage to heart health and blood vessels in the body. Anxiety may also cause a person to smoke or consume alcohol, which affects blood pressure.
2. Stomach problems - Anxiety is known to cause problems in digestion as symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and an upset stomach are reported to occur. It may cause vomiting, abdominal pain, and constipation.
3. Weight gain - Binge eating during periods of anxiety can cause weight gain in affected people. A study reported that stressed out women processed fat and sugar in a different manner than usual, thereby leading to an increase in weight. Weight gain can give rise to other complications like diabetes and high blood pressure.
4. Disorders of the respiratory system - People with respiratory diseases face complications due to anxiety. Breathing problems such as hyperventilation can cause further complications.
5. Depression - Anxiety can cause a person to develop depression, which can be life-threatening. Thus, preventing anxiety can help in preventing depression as well.
Related Tip: How to know if you have an anxiety disorder?
From last few months I am sleeping a lot, I always feel very tired and moody. Not able to concentrate on anything properly. Tried doing yoga for few days but no improvement. What should I do to get back my activeness and fitness?
I am very depressed with my body weight which is not suitable to my height. How can I over come this problem and gain weight?
Dear sir, I am in very much depression, pls suggest me, I have already use serta 100 mg for last 9 months but there is no good result. I am taking treating from pgi chandigarh
How much alcohol can I drink before driving? What are the health risks of drinking too much alcohol?
Sir due to not successful in government exam I have lot to tension and right now I am unable to find any job in ranchi due to these issues from last few days I have severe headache will you help me sir.
I am a patient of DM, IHD, PPM, HTN. taking regular medicines. What will be my ideal diet? My age is 72 years.
Hello sir, actually I am a chain smoker. And now it really badly affecting me so I want to know that how to decrease the smoking?
I am 31years old. I am fully drinker. I can not stopping this attitude. So please any homeopathy treatment is there. So kindly give me treatment mam.
Hi I wanna know 1 thing and that is I always or I frequently get very angry as well as aggressive in small fights or even when somebody do not complete my wish etc so now I wanna know that is this is the symptom of any mental illness or not.
I have a friend. We both are very close to each other and share every secret. He has one elder brother, aged 31, working in a call center and one younger sister, completed her engineering searching for jobs. My friend is pursuing CA. His father is working in Railways and mother is a teacher. His parents have completed more than 32 years of marriage. Issue is his father at present is a earning more than 1lakh per month but he is not spending a single penny in the family or on himself. From the day they had got married. His salary comes to his account but within 1or 2 days he himself encash the whole amount by cheque and does not disclose where that amount is. When his mother ask to him regarding his salary for housing and other expenses his father tells salary has not came yet or I have sent those money to his sister or brother or sometimes to my friend. His father always lies to all the family members. They don't have a proper house to live. His mother is very much concerned about childrens wedding. What ever she is earning gets spend. She is not having any savings because of this. He and his siblings are staying away from home. His father has also got posted in Dhanbad, Jharkhand. Mother is staying in Patna alone. His father very often comes to Patna on weekend for Saturday or Sunday. Sometimes only for Sunday. Sometimes not at all. He is facing problems in his studies as the passing percentage is very low in the institute and his father keeps on telling him to fill the forms for Government Jobs but does not give him a single penny for anything. He gets only Rs. 5000 from his mother. Which is very hard to manage in a city like Delhi. He was telling he is very much disturbed regarding his family and his studies. Because of this he is facing failure from past 3 years and has got very much depressed. He is having tension all the time in his mind this has caused baldness for him. Please suggest how to handle the situation as his age is about 30 years old and still no job and he has not yet married. He is very much disturbed for lot of reasons. I feel very bad for him facing such issues. Please help!
I am 21 year old male. Recently from 2-3 days im behaving vary confusingly and like in fear all the time. How can I com out from this life? Please help me.
Nicotine dehydrates the body, so drink water to rehydrate. Keeping up a good supply helps your body remove the nicotine out of your body.
This herb is loaded with iron and is a useful disinfectant and great at fighting infection.
Eat celery, along with such vegetables as zucchinis, egg-plants, beans, and even cucumbers, which affect cigarette taste. Eating a lot of these vegetables can decrease nicotine dependence. Do not eat a lot of sweet vegetable, that are high in sugar, because excessive amounts of glucose activate the areas of the brain responsible for pleasure and satisfaction. Thus, glucose can stimulate cravings.
4. Pine needle tea
This tea has been traditionally used to disinfect the mouth and throat, but can also be a helpful aid in lung health.
Contains high levels of vitamin C to replace vitamin C in your body that smoking reduces. Eating oranges boosts your metabolism to clear nicotine faster and reduces stress.
6. Kiwi fruit
Kiwi helps you eliminate nicotine from the body and replenish Vitamins A, C and E that smoking reduces.
7. Carrot juice
Carrot juice has vitamins A, B, C, K that help eliminate nicotine from the body. Nicotine also damages your skin, and carrot juice is high in vitamins that are good for the skin.
Contains high levels of vitamins B5 and C. Replenish vitamin C by eating broccoli and keep your metabolism high. Broccoli contains a substance that protects lungs from toxin-related damage.
Rich in vitamins and folic acid, so it’s good for your body and especially good in making tobacco taste bad.
A person suffering from depersonalization disorder often feels detached from their thoughts and is often faced with a steange feeling that you are being separated from your emotions and your body. Feeling disconnected from his or her surrounding environment is one of the main symptoms of depersonalization disorder. An affected person might feel like an alien, living in a world of fantasy and fear of getting crazy or depressed, anxious and panicky. A patient with depersonalization disorder does not lose his contact with reality and realizes that his perceptions are unreal. This health condition is a form of dissociative disorder, where the brain gets affected.
Treatment: People seeking treatment for depersonalization disorder are primarily concerned with the associated symptoms such as anxiety and disorder. Treatment is required when the disorder is recurring or long lasting, and when the symptoms cause severe distress. The aim of the treatment is to eliminate all causes of stress when the symptoms show up. The method of treatment depends on the nature of the triggers and on the severity of the symptoms. Here is a list of the most effective treatment methods:
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy is an effective treatment procedure for depersonalization disorder. Psychological techniques are used to help an affected person recognize his feelings and for communicating his thoughts to a therapist. Thoughts which may lead to depersonalization experience are expressed by a person in this process. Cognitive therapy is utilized for changing dysfunction thought patterns in an affected person.
- Medication: There are no medicines for the general treatment of depersonalization disorder. Several medicines are used to treat the symptoms. In patients who experience depression and severe anxiety, antidepressant and antianxiety medicines may be prescribed. Antipsychotic medicines are also used to cure disordered thinking and improper perception of reality.
- Family therapy: Family therapy educates the affected person's family about the disorder, its causes and the family members learn how to recognize the symptoms.
- Creative therapy: Creative therapies, such as art therapy or music therapy, enable a patient to recognize and express his feelings better in a creative and safe way.
- Clinical hypnosis: This process involves intense relaxation, concentration and focus of attention in order to achieve an altered state of consciousness. This makes a patient more aware, and he can explore his thoughts and feelings, which have been absent from his conscious mind.
Complete recovery from depersonalization disorder is possible for most of the patients. The symptoms go away by themselves after treatment. Treatment makes a person more effective in dealing with stress or trauma, which might act as triggers for further recurrence of this disorder. Treatment is necessary and avoiding treatment might cause severe complications later. It is recommended to consult a doctor for the best treatment measures.