Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. M.Rama Rao MannamYour feedback matters!
I Am Smoker For Past Years, Consumed Pack Of Cigarettes A Day, With My Will Power and God Grace Stopped Smoking From Last 164 Days, What Should I Do To Control The Damage Already Happened To Me.
Hello doctor, I am 42 year old man and I have drinking problem since last 7 months. What should i do to quit please help me.
I have problem of thinking a lot, due to that i am unable to concentrate on anything and I always feel heaviness in my head. What to do? Please help me.
I am 30 year old married woman very underweight just 40kg since many years. Increases sometimes again due to stress goes back to 40. I have anxiety and depression issues since around 5 years. Some months are fine winters are very bad. M taking homeopathic aurum met and for sleep also ignatia. There is relapse every year. How can I be fully and permanently cured.
Sir, I feel like depersonalisation while taking toor others or doing any other activities. I also become anxious very soon. Kindly guide.
I am 54 years old. My son is married but I am feeling loneliness not interested in anything. what should i do?
I have got into a serious problem of memory loss so how to get rid of it, what kind of food should I eat, what kind of fruits and vegetables will be beneficial to overcome memory loss problem, how can I increase memory power.
I am a marijuana smoker and smoke a lot about 10 bongs a day. I masturbate 2 to 3 times a day. I have been doing this past 7-8 years and I am addicted to it. I am getting married in 2 month's and I worry about infertility/ can't give birth and so. I want know whether I am infertile or normal and also pros and cons of masturbation. Can you help me?
Hello Doctor, Please tell me how to get out from stress, tension, depression please suggest simple advice's in detail.
I am a 18 years 5'11 skinny boy. I am too much concerned about my weight gain. Since I am a student so I can't even buy weight gainers. So I would like to get an indian diet plan for weight gain. Due to low weight I am always low on confidence and always remains tensed. Plzz help it would be a great favour.
Every person faces ups and downs in life, the difference lies in how we deal with the low points of our life. Losing someone you love is probably the saddest experience anyone can go through. Our natural reaction to such a loss is grief. The more significant the loss; the more intense your grief will be. There is no right or wrong way to grieve and everyone grieves in a different way.
However, here are a few healthy ways you can cope with your loss to move on with your life.
1. Build a support system: When you are grieving, you may feel that nobody understands how you feel and would want to isolate yourself. Do not allow yourself to withdraw into a shell and instead build a support system of friends and family who you trust. You could also visit a counselor who is trained to deal with such situations. Joining a support group can also help.
2. Face your grief: Not allowing yourself to grieve can do more harm than good. You can suppress your grief for a short time but you cannot avoid it forever. The longer you avoid facing it, the more difficult it will be. Suppressing grief can also lead to a number of health problems such as depression, substance abuse and anxiety.
3. Look after your health: When grieving for the loss of a loved one, you may not feel hungry and may want to simply lie in bed all day. But you must instead get out, eat right and exercise regularly. When the body is healthy, you not only feel better physically but also emotionally. Avoid turning to alcohol and drugs to lift your mood.
4. Express yourself: Bottling up your emotions is never a good idea. However, sometimes talking about how you feel can be difficult. In such situations, look for alternate means of expressing yourself. For examples, you could try painting or start a scrapbook.
5. Look out for grief triggers: What makes coping with the loss of a loved one difficult is the fact that you share a number of life events with them. Birthdays, anniversaries, holidays and festive occasions can bring back memories of the person and overwhelm you. To successfully heal, you must plan ahead for events like this that will trigger grief. Do not allow yourself to be alone at such times.
6. Seek professional help: Sometimes, when you are dealing with the loss of a loved one, you find yourself sinking into depression or find it difficult to resume your normal lifestyle. It is a good idea to consult a mental health practitioner or counselor.