Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M.Ram Prakash
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. M.Ram PrakashYour feedback matters!
I have an eye problem. Short sightedness. please help me how can I reduce it. I am not enable to see things from distance.
Hello doctor. I had been suffering from blepharitis for few years. Doctor gave me some medicines. Now blepharitis is gone but lower eyelids of both eyes are still red. Redness is not going .what should I do? Thanks.
Hello, I have a generic question to ask about. What are the chances for a child to get short sightedness if both the parents have it. I had -3.5(I have undergone LASIK 6 years back) and my wife is still wearing glasses on -2. Kindly tell me if the chances for getting eye sight is high if a child is born? If yes, can we prevent it from it? Thank you.
I have red eyes for 3 days what should I do to reduce them instantly they even make burning sensation.
From my eyes when I see anything tears come & eyes become red. What it may be due too? I checked eyes several time but I have negligible (ie in0.06) no.
I am 58 years old with Diabetic History of 15 years. During my routine check of eyesight I am told that I have catract in priliminary stage. My doctor says it is better to get operated in early stage. is this correct.
Sir 10 saal pahale mere aankh me halki chot lag gyi thi us samay kuchh nhi pta chala likin ab halka dhundhla dikhta hai aur drd krti hai. Ab kaise sahi hogi. Eska treatment kaise krayen.
Is laser surgery is helpful for my father? He have 3-4 calculi in the right kidney. The approx size is 8.5mm.
This method is implied for youngsters and people aged below 40 years, who have high power glasses, and are not suitable for lasik treatment. Here, an ultra slender lens of an uncommon configuration and the required force is situated in the eye over the normal lens inside the eye. This lens amends the spectacle force of the eye. ICL (Implantable Biocompatible Lens) is made in Switzerland, and the request for the lens is set according to estimations of the eye.
Here are some facts you should know about ICL:
- Spherical ICL lens redresses only spherical powered glasses. Toric ICL lens rectifies chamber alongside the spherical force of glasses. The main technique for changeless vision rectification that didn't include glasses or contact lenses accessible to patients who are not reasonable contenders for LASIK is the ICL or the Implantable contact.
- It is embedded in the back chamber, behind the iris, over the normal lens of the eye so as to correct the refractive mistake of the eye.
- It offers vision adjustment that is more honed and has more prominent profundity and measurement than other refractive surgeries. Indeed, ICL may create unrivalled visual quality as confirmed by less higher request abnormalities than corneal refractive surgeries. Patients encounter an almost immediate vision recovery.
- The lens is invisible to the eyes of the patient and also other people. The whole surgery takes around 10 to 15 minutes. The lens is biocompatible and made of collamer, a material based on collagen. It contains a UV blocker that forestalls unsafe UVA and UVB rays from entering the eye.
- ICL surgeries are amazingly safe. A few patients may encounter some distress amid the mending procedure like dry eyes or light affectability. These impacts are brief. Your specialist will examine with you the dangers and advantages of the method amid your interview.
Advantages of ICL:
- The lens is foldable and infused through a small, torment free, self-recuperating entry point in your eye.
- The ICL gives very successful results, and fantastic nature of vision. After this treatment, you can leave the clinic following two or three hours, because of fast recuperation. You will have the capacity to make the most of your new sight very quickly and retreat to your dynamic way of life. Your specialist will give you a point by point exhort on this.
- ICL corrects a very large range of visual defects.ICL Is one of the most effective spectacle removal techniques. It corrects your vision instantly after a surgery and lasts quite long. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.