Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. M.R. SivakumarYour feedback matters!
Sir/Madam, My mother has parkinson disease. Her problem from 3-4 years. She did not move her neck and she did not talk her tongue, she did not stand up her leg because she fell weakness very much. So please solve this problem whose is parkinson disease and give me some suggestion to save this disease. Sir, my contact no. Is 09411801689 and my e-mail id. Is mukeshyadav571@gmail. ComMukesh Kumar YadavAligarhUttar-PradeshIndia. 09411801689Sir/Madam, My mother has parkinson disease. Her problem from 3-4 years. She did not move her neck and she did not talk her tongue, she did not stand up her leg because she fell weakness very much. So please solve this problem whose is parkinson disease and give me some suggestion to save this disease. Sir, my contact no. Is 09411801689 and my e-mail id. Is mukeshyadav571@gmail. ComMukesh Kumar YadavAligarhUttar-PradeshIndia. 09411801689.
Im 19 nd im suffering from migraine. I have tried coupled of medicined visited lots of doctor but no positive result has been shown. What should I do to get rid of this.
I having a headache since last 3 weeks an feeling like vomiting an suffering from insomnia cannot sit in a class room for a long time. Please advice what should I do?
I have weak musscles,had an attack of facial paralysis 10-15 years ago,now I am 70,a male taking ashwa sheelajeet of Patanjali and Chandraprabhavati daily still when I speak some effect of face right side yet tiltes.Kindly suggest remedy.Thanks
I am 24 years female. Since 10 years I am suffering from epilepsy. I am using medicine but of no use. So I request you to suggest me. Thank You.
She is have hypothyroid. What are the natural remedies to make it well. And the precautions she should take. Please reply soon. And she also has migraine problem.
Headaches and migraines can vary drastically depending on their duration, specific symptoms and the person they are affecting. The more you know about your specific type of headache or migraine, the better prepared you will be to treat them—and possibly even prevent them. The two types of migraine are-
- Migraine without aura: The majority of migraine sufferers have Migraine without Aura.
- Migraine with aura: Migraine with Aura refers to a range of neurological disturbances that occur before the headache begins, usually lasting about 20-60 minutes.
Symptoms of migraine vary and also depend on the type of migraine. A migraine has four stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. But it is not necessary that all the migraine sufferers experience all the four stages.
Prodrome: The signs of this begin to appear a day or two days before the headache starts. The signs include depression, constipation, food cravings, irritability, uncontrollable yawning, neck stiffness and hyperactivity.
Migraine Aura: Auras are a range of symptoms of the central nervous system. These might occur much before or during the migraine, but most people get a migraine without an aura. Auras usually begin gradually and increase in intensity. They last for an hour or even longer and are
- Visual: Seeing bright spots, various shapes, experiencing vision loss, and flashes of light
- Sensory: Present in the form of touch sensations like feeling of pins and needles in the arms and legs
- Motor: Usually related with the movement problems like the limb weakness
- Verbal: It is related with the speech problems
Headache: In case of a migraine attack one might experience:
- Pain on both sides or one side of the head
- Pain is throbbing in nature
- Vomiting and nausea
- Sensitivity to smells, sound and light
- Vision is blurred
- Fainting and lightheadedness
Postdrome: This is the final phase of the migraine. During this phase one might feel fatigued, though some people feel euphoric.
Red flags that the patient may be having underlying serious disorder not migraine
- Onset of headaches >50 years
- Thunderclap headache - subarachnoid haemorrhage
- Neurological symptoms or signs
- Immunosuppression or malignancy
- Red eye and haloes around lights - acute angle closure glaucoma
- Worsening symptoms
- Symptoms of temporal arteritis
These patients require CT scan / MRI or CSF examination. Most Migraine patients do not need these tests.
Diagnosis of Migraine: Usually migraines go undiagnosed and thus are untreated. In case you experience the symptoms regularly then talk to the doctor, who evaluates the symptoms and can start a treatment. You can also be referred to a neurologist who is trained to treat the migraines and other conditions. During the appointment the neurologist usually asks about the family history of headaches and migraines along with your symptoms and medical history.
The doctor might advise for some tests like:
- Blood Tests: These reveal problems with the blood vessel like an infection in the spinal cord and brain.
- CT scan: Used to diagnose the infections, tumors, brain damage, and bleeding that cause the migraines.
- MRI: This helps to diagnose the tumors bleeding infections, neurological conditions, and strokes.
- Lumbar Puncture: For analyzing infections and neurological damages. In lumbar puncture a thin needle is inserted between the two vertebrae to remove a sample of the cerebrospinal fluid for analysis.
Migraine treatments can help stop symptoms and prevent future attacks.
Many medications have been designed to treat migraines. Some drugs often used to treat other conditions also may help relieve or prevent migraines. Medications used to combat migraines fall into two broad categories:
- Pain-relieving medications. Also known as acute or abortive treatment, these types of drugs are taken during migraine attacks and are designed to stop symptoms.
- Preventive medications. These types of drugs are taken regularly, often on a daily basis, to reduce the severity or frequency of migraines.
Your treatment strategy depends on the frequency and severity of your headaches, the degree of disability your headaches cause, and your other medical conditions.
Some medications aren't recommended if you're pregnant or breast-feeding. Some medications aren't given to children. Consult a doctor find the right medication for you.
I have given some information about epilepsy for general population.
I hope it will create more awareness in general population about debilitating condition.
My wife is having dementia. Please let me know the homeopathic medicines for curing her. She is being administered cali. Phos 30 and acid phos 30. Please advise me if you some other medicine will be more helpful.
Hello sir my left hand shivering and pain in chest middle bone and near my armpits I checked ecg test and it shows normal report and liver evening shows fatty liver I take daily 6 pegs of alcohol and I have gastric problem i am release gas from up and down sides I consult psychiatrist he said i'm facing panic disorder and wrote some medicine please help me sir. And I daily walk 4km walk easily.
My father has got ischemic stroke and he is bed ridden form last 15 months and unconscious, he passes stool in every 3-4 days can you suggest some medicine as I am concerned that he may develop kidney stones, also suggest some natural food so that we can prevent developing this condition. Thanking You.
I am a 32 years male. I have a pain in my left leg for last more than one year. Further there is frequent burning sensation in outer thigh and it feels that skin has strongly stuck in outer thigh and feels it is numb. Further there is sound in knee while standing up from sitting position. All above problems are in my left leg. What should I do. If I have to see doctor to whom I should go neuor, ortho, general or skin?
Is seizure curable ? Since last 4 year i am using Dicorate ER 500 mg evening and morning and Frisim 5 mg at night. Three month back i stop using it but got attack than again restarted. During using it i didnt find any repetation of attach in last three year. Kindly advise.
Hi, I am 32 years old. I have been going through a problem, which I don't know whether its because of my negligence or due to some financial problems, couldn't get it diagnosed properly. I always feel like fainting. My head is so heavy and can't stand properly. My legs keep on shivering. Can't bear the high volumes and always in a discomfort zone. I request you to please let me know the possible cause of this problem.
My father age is 65 he is suffering from parkinson. His health going down day by day he take levodopa 4 to 6 times in a day. He is also so impatient please suggest how can we care him.
Sleep apnea is a potentially dangerous sleep disorder in which you stop and start breathing frequently while you are sleeping. Symptoms of sleep apnea often include loud snoring and fatigue even if you sleep uninterrupted through the night. Obesity and age are the common risk factors of sleep apnea.
The most common type of sleep apnea is obstructive sleep apnea, in which the throat muscles contract and relax while you are asleep. The other type of sleep apnea, called central sleep apnea, usually occurs in people who have been diagnosed with brain tumors, infections or heart failure, or have had a stroke.
Treatment of sleep apnea includes:
- CPAP: The Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) device is generally recommended in the treatment of sleep apnea. CPAP is a breathing machine that stops your airways from getting blocked when you are sleeping. The CPAP device is normally the size of a tissue box. It comes with a mask that you put over your mouth and nose. The machine attached to the mask pumps a continuous flow of air that keeps your airways clear as you sleep.
- BPAP: The Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure (BPAP) device is used as an alternative to the CPAP device, if you find it hard to adjust to the CPAP. If you have a weak pattern of breathing, the BPAP can be helpful.
- ASV: The Adaptive Servo-ventilation (ASV) device is used to treat both central and obstructive sleep apnea.
- Treatment for other medical conditions: Sometimes sleep apnea can be caused by underlying health conditions. Problems such as rhinitis (nasal passage inflammation) and hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid gland) can cause sleep apnea. In such cases, your doctor needs to diagnose these conditions first before treating your sleep apnea.
- Lifestyle changes: Excessive weight sometimes can cause sleep apnea; so losing excessive weight should be a priority. Also, alcohol and tobacco can contribute to your symptoms, so try avoiding those.
- Medication: Usually, doctors do not prescribe any medicine, since sedatives and sleeping pills actually worsen sleep apnea. But, in case of sleep apnea in children, doctors typically suggest intra nasal corticosteroid medicine to treat the symptoms.
- Surgery: Surgeries to increase the size of your airway or to remove your adenoids, tonsils or extra tissues in the rear of your throat or your nose can prove helpful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.