Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. M.R. MonishaYour feedback matters!
Is it safe to have sex (with using condom & without condom) immediately the next day after the periods are over? Are there any chances of pregnancy?
My girl friend has been on menesse 0.01mg for 2 weeks now. Do you think it is safe for us to have sex. Without any barrier methods.
What can a women do if she has sexual weakness please recommend a good medicine and also if there any home remedies for it.
Hello doctor, I am in my15 week pregnancy and I am bit confuse regarding food cause doctor has asked me to avoid warm food, so please tell me can I have chicken. I had my first pregnancy miscarriage and now this is my first pregnancy again so I am very much concerned. please help me to maintain my healthy pregnancy by advising proper food.
Slight discomfort and pain is normally associated with every woman's monthly menstrual cycle. However, for some women, this discomfort can restrict their normal activities and put them in a lot of pain. This is often accompanied by heavy menstrual bleeding. Medication is usually the first line of treatment for heavy periods, but if this is not effective surgical options may need to be looked at. Amongst the surgical ways to deal with painful menstruation and heavy bleeding is a procedure known as endometrial ablation.
Endometrial ablation is a surgical procedure that removes the lining of the uterus or endometrium. The procedure is usually performed under spinal or local anesthesia and takes less than a hour. In some cases, the patient may need to go under general anesthesia. This surgery is often performed as an outpatient procedure. This can be performed in a number of ways. Some of the common forms of endometrial ablation are:
- Laser ablation
- Heat ablation using either heated saline or radio frequency
- Electric removal of uterine lining
- Microwave removal
Though the procedure is performed as an outpatient procedure, it can take up to 2 weeks for complete recovery. The woman may notice watery discharge for a day or two accompanied by cramps and nausea. However, after such a procedure, most women do not have a period for the next few months. While this may stop menstrual bleeding completely for older women, younger women should see reduced menstrual bleeding, but may also need a repeat procedure later.
Though many women can conceive after such a procedure, endometrial ablation is usually not recommended for women who intend on having children later. It is usually suggested as an alternative to a hysterectomy. It is also not recommended to women who have a high risk of developing endometrial cancer. An endometrial ablation can be performed if the woman suffers from minor fibroids, but is avoidable if the woman suffers from large fibroids. A vaginal or pelvic infection of any kind will also prevent a woman from undergoing this procedure.
Like any other procedure, this one is associated with a number of certain risks as well, such as
- Infection and bleeding
- Rupturing the uterine wall or bowel walls
- Excessive fluid in the bloodstream
Thus in order to reduce the risks associated, utmost care must be taken, both by doctor and patient and in case of any bleeding that lasts longer than two days should be immediately brought to your doctor's notice.
Hi, My wife's vagina is too tight I am unable to penetrate and not able to insert my penis inside, kindly advise non painful surgery to enlarge it so that penis can be inserted easily.
Hi im 21 years women I have some problem during periods I have serious stomach pain it cause me unconscious I took tablet when I have that kind of stomach pain seriously I dnt like that, is there any other way to treat this kind of stomach bcoz during college day I dnt want to face that kind of causes so please help me to treat this stomach pain.
We are planning for our first baby since 6 months. Now we took some tests as per advise from doctor. I took semen analysis test and everything is normal and 80% motile My wife took hsg test and doctor did not find any issues. Please advise us what further should we do.
I am 28 years old n married. Me n my wife trying for a baby. But it is not working. Kindly suggest what needs to be done.
Hi I am 4.5 months pregnant, Mere cervix me gap aa gaya tha isliye mujhe utres me stiches lagaye h, mujhe kya precautions rakhne chahiye. Pls help.
As time progresses in a relationship, the sizzle somehow fizzles out and does not bring the same excitement as it used to. However, sex is one of the best ways to keep the relationship lively and young. Despite the hectic lifestyle and the weariness that sets in, there are definitely some simple things that can add some spice to your life and pump a new lease of life into the relationship. What was initially spontaneous needs some forceful trying with time.
Listed below are some tips that can help you sizzle up your sex life.
- Simple touch: Remember that sex need not happen in the bedroom when the lights are off. Routine, regular touch, which could include holding hands and a peck on the cheek can help keep the interest alive. Make it a routine to do this every day, at a chosen time of the day.
- Fix up a date: Even if it sounds forced, block one day of the week as your date day. If possible, go out for a dinner which will bring a change of place. Cook some aphrodisiac foods like onion, celery, asparagus could add to the magic.
- Go lingerie shopping together: This could be one nice way to rekindle interest and along the way, you might end up with some nice fancy stuff.
- Watch adult movies together: This definitely will bring you in the mood. If you are both game, then you could watch something different and even end up trying. It has been proven that a person's preferences in bed change with time, and the new positions and forms might bring back the eagerness to indulge in the act more often.
- Try different place, different time: This could be something like spending time in the shower together, or in the pool, or even spending a night in a hotel for a change. The routine home environment sometimes just sucks away the energy and mood required for sex.
- Frank discussion: As much as it might seem difficult, try having a frank discussion with your partner about how they feel about sex - would they like to turn anything, why there is less of it in general, etc.
- Work out: Exercise to show that you are interested in keeping yourself in shape and healthy. This definitely will kindle interest in the other person.
- Read about sex: There are some sex facts including how it helps in curing headache, is the best cure for cold, is more effective than half an hour of running, frequent ejaculations reduce chances or prostate cancer, etc.
And these are some sure ways to improve your sex life.
After 3 months of delivery me and my wife had sex. Can she become pregnant again. Or is there any problem for the baby now we having.?
Hi my wife's carrying now 3 months. Now we can have intercourse or not. But now hw we can do. Pls tell me. She getting white discharges.
I have married 1 and half year, I try to conceive baby but I was failed continues What I do for conceive a baby? Pls help me.
Hello Dr. mai 37 week pregnent hu kal jb apni gyeacologist k pas gyi tb usg kiya to unka kahna hai ki mera alwa pak gya hai 8 10 din me delivery krni hogi alwa pakna matlb kya hota hai please give me answer.
Despite them being sweet and tasty, there are no nutritional benefits to sodas whatsoever. Moreover, doctors from all over the globe have concluded that numerous health risks are linked to soda pop consumption. Here are a number of reasons to help you arrive at a more comprehensive understanding of the harmful effects of soda on your health:
- It has been scientifically backed up that drinking sodas is absolutely pointless. Because sodas have been found to contain nothing but sugar and calories, there is really no reason why you should drink soda. Further, even diet sodas have no particular nutritional value attached to them, despite the claim that they have zero to no calories.
- The sugar contained in soda often combines with bacteria present in your mouth to form certain types of acid. These, along with carbolic inherently present in carbonated sodas, work together to have a damaging influence on your teeth, leading to cavities and tooth decay.
- Sodas can also prove to be injurious to your major organs, and are associated with conditions such as chronic kidney disease, chronic liver disease and the development of metabolic syndromes.
- Because of the presence of large amounts of high fructose corn syrup, there is a greater risk of obesity. Furthermore, because of its high sugar content and its perverse effects on hormonal levels in the body, soda consumption is also associated with the development of type 2 diabetes, besides other complications like increased appetite and greater difficulty losing weight.
- Soda consumption also tends to soften bone strength and contributes to lower bone density. The presence of caffeine and phosphorus in most sodas further increases the risk of acquiring disease such as osteoporosis.
Fortunately, there are tons of options, which you can choose over soda pop. These alternative beverages will most naturally contain higher nutritional value and benefits. A few alternatives include:
- Fruit juice
- Powdered drink mixes