Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. M PushparaniYour feedback matters!
My friend is working at a computer shop. So he want to look into computer screen most time. Now he feel body pain and his eye sight is decreased. What he want to do to become healthy?
I am 26 year old n I have week eyesight n my number is increase evry year n without spex I can not see anything I want to remove my spex I m using lenses also but want to get rid from this what can I do.
Hi. I have problem with my eyes with dust allergies and etching. Always my eyes are red. When I drive bike or if I sleep late nights. Could you please give better solution.
What we do for perfect eye vision? Even when we take vitamin foods. We are facing so many problems on these.
I am facing unwanted thoughts, bad thoughts about God, unwanted sexual imaginations and I mostly look myself in mirror. See myself in mind all time. I can not stop it doing. Do not know how to make friends talk to them. And I spend more time on Computer playing games and on Internet. I'm good at Studies. Can not feel i'm sleeping at night.
Hey. My eyes are continually week from last 6 months. Within 6 month my eyes number were increase 2+ please help.
After giving hot compressed treatment still my eye having that small bump. Which is knwn as chalazion.
Please prescribe a simple saline solution to hydrate my eyes and give them a soothing feel. Does REFRESH TEARS is good to use?
I have some problem in my eyes, it has some yellow color spot maximum time and tears fallen in some times and I have some problem to see. What is the solution?
This is the worst time of the year, for your eyes. Pollution from firecrackers, smog due to weather change and generally ever increasing vehicular pollution adds up to be the worst for your eye health.
Protect your eyesight and take care of your eyes by following these simple daily eye care tips.
1. Eat Well: Protect your eyes from within. Eat for good vision. Eat foods that have various nutrients such as omega 3 fatty acids, zinc and lutein, vitamins A, C and E to keep eye problems at bay. Green leafy vegetables, salmon and other oily fishes, eggs and nuts, orange and citrus fruits are great for eyesight.
2. Quit Smoking: For better eye-care leave smoking. This simple activity can make you likelier to get optic nerve damage, macular degeneration and cataracts.
3. Have eye-care routine: Most of us don’t have an eye care routine, which is essential for keeping them fit. So, develop a good eye-care routine. In this routine, practice eye exercises, focusing eyes on a point far away to promote muscle development. Clean eyes everyday with fresh, clean water to reduce eye mites and other problems.
4. Wear Sunglasses: Wearing sunglasses on a regular basis will protect eyes from UV rays and ensure protection. This will help in reducing the chances of getting cataracts and developing macular degeneration.
5. Use Safety Wear: It is important that you regularly wear safety wear problems. For instance, for sports, wear eye protection products, sports goggles or protective face masks.
6. Look away from computer: A lot of us use computers too much for work and recreation. Now is the time to look away from it. Staring at the computer for long can cause eyestrain and blurry vision, trouble focusing at a distance and result in dry eyes as well as neck and shoulder pain with headaches. So, take regular breaks from that computer.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Am 18 year old male I used to masturbate since last 2 years ma'am my health is not increasing and my eyes look dull all are telling me lazy person or drunker .ma'am I'm playing cricket for my District is this harm to my game .all time means whole day I fell sleepy .I can't concentrate in studies or in one things. Ma'am suggest me solutions for all this problem .please ma'am I would be always thank full to you.
I am not sleeping from 7-8 days, my eyes are becoming red and also there are dark circles below the eyes. What can I do?
I am suffering from myopia and my eyesight is very low so I am not able to see the far objects correctly so is their any suggestions or advice for me to restore eyesight?
Hypermetropia, commonly known as long-sightedness, is a common vision condition in which distant objects appear clear, but nearby objects seem blurry or foggy. A person's ability to focus is greatly dependent on the degree of farsightedness. This condition of the eye is usually observed at birth and is also hereditary to some extent. Although, contact lenses and eye glasses are common methods of treatment, surgeries are also an option.
Before getting to understand the causes one should be aware of the structure of the eye.
The eye has two parts that focus on images:
- The clear surface at the front of the eye known as the cornea
- The second part is the lens, which is a clear structure
In a normal eye, these clear surfaces have a smooth curvature. The cornea and the lens bend or refract the incoming light to direct a sharply focused image on the retina, situated at the back of your eye.
Hypermetropia is caused when:
- The cornea or lens in the eye is not even or smoothly curved. In such cases, light rays are focussed behind retina which gives a blurry vision.
- The condition can also occur when the cornea of the eye is not curved enough. A shorter than the normal eye can also lead to such a condition. Convergent squint with eyes turning in is common in hypermetropes.
Due to these factors, the image is not precisely focused on the retina, causing blurry vision for nearby objects.
Some of the symptoms of farsightedness include:
- Objects that are close may appear blurry or cloudy
- Squinting the eyes might be necessary for viewing clearly
- A person may experience strain in the eye, aching and even inflammation in and around the eye
- Prolonged periods of close task like reading, writing or drawing may cause discomfort in the eye or minor headaches
Chronic eye strain and cross eyes are some of the commonly observed complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.