Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. M Peter FernandezYour feedback matters!
I just don't enjoy the things I used to, and I don't feel much like visiting friends or family. Is this part of aging?
From many days he is forgetting many things like what he said before, or the name of new person, or whom to call etc, Not totally but a very little. Is this because of any stress or tension? Or any thing serious? And how to overcame with it?
My close friend is a retired person. He gets lot of love and respect from his family. His family loves him intensely. His family is quite literate and can handle any situation after his death. He has started feeling that his life is now useless just because whatever he can do today, his family can also do so what is the use of him to be in this world.
My chest looks like female. I'm very much depressed I am afraid to remove my shirts in public places such as rivers, falls etc. Is there any solution to my problem. Plzzzz help me.
Mere husband daily ek cigrate smoke. Karte hai but office time mai holiday mai WO nai karte kya karu jo WO permanent cigrate na Kate wo 5 se kar rahe hai.
I smoke marijuana daily.. (2 bong/day) I'll be having Maxillofacial surgery this month 29 (june 29) Somebody told me that I need to quit smoking 48 hours before surgery, another one told me that I need to stop smoking marijuana 4 week before surgery.. But 4 week isn't left for me.. Coz june 29 is ma surgery day.. So pls tell me" when Do I need to quit smoking marijuana? I am here ready to take your advice..
I have memory related problems. I can not memorize the things. I forget about many things and find it difficult to relate many things with the past incidents. That what. I am a 36 old female. With two kids13 nd 10. I can not remember the things that happened some months back, year back.
Hi Sir/madam, My problem is lack of concentration, I want to study but I can not get the interest towards book, Please suggest me how to overcome this problem?
Sir I have anxiety. Please help me how to reduce anxiety. Whenever anxiety comes I'm feeling to pass motion urgently.
I am 64 years old. I have problem with my memory. How can I improve the same and make it reliable ? Is the problem because of age or vitamin deficiency ? Secondly, what is the difference between vitamins and proteins ?
I am suffering from epilepsy from last ten years but I don't get any fit from 4 years. Can I leave our medicine, reply only when you take guarantee that no fit will arise after leaving medicine's?
The smart phone revolution has changed our lives in many ways. With several adults and even tech savvy teenagers and children turning victims of problems like anxiety and depression, doctors are increasingly turning to mental health apps. Frequent use of tech gives a better avenue for communication, in this case between doctors and patients.
Here are the top 7 mental health apps that can be used by patients to improve their mental health
- Code Blue: Bullying is a real problem that has led many down the path of depression and suicide. And, sometimes the solution is closer than you think, in this case it is just a click away. With Code Blue, you can choose people from your contact to be a part of your support group. With just a few clicks, the app will alert the support group if the user needs their help. The app also communicates the user's location to the group and the group can indicate that help is on the way.
- Breath2Relax: Feeling too anxious or angry and want to let your bad side take over the situation. Launch Breath2Relax on your phone and you'll be walked through a series of breathing exercise that help to reduce stress, stabilize mood, control anger, and manage anxiety. It can be operated independently.
- Lantern: Lantern is a web and mobile based platform that combines cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) techniques with advice from real experts. The app starts by measuring the users strengths, weaknesses, stress, anxiety, mood and social life and then tailors daily exercises that suits their pattern. Next the app matches you with a professional CBT coach who can answer any questions you have.
- PTSD Coach: PTSD stands for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. PTSD Coach is an app developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs' National Center for PTSD, intended for use by veterans, military personnel and civilians experiencing symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder. The app provides a self assessment tool that tracks symptoms over a period of time and also connects with a support group from your contact list and locate nearby treatment programs.
- Optimism: Optimism is a family of applications that focus on self-tracking as a tool for coping with mental illnesses including depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety and PTSD. Users can record the intensity of their mood, which will eventually detect patterns and help identify problem triggers. . Users can create a customizable wellness plan to chart their coping mechanisms which will come from experience and understanding of their mental condition.
- Talkspace: This free app helps users connect with a therapist with whom they can chat anytime. It isn't exactly a substitute to in-person therapy, but more a precursor where the app's therapists can monitor and guide the user if they need more advanced help.
- Big white wall: Sometimes just knowing that there are others in the same boat as you is a big help and this is what the app does. It is a community where users with different type of mental health problems come together for discussion boards, reference articles and self-assessment tests. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.