Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. M.Paul KorathYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from cold ache. What medicine will make me faster, and also what should I do to protect me from cold from these rains.
While taking care of skin externally is definitely a good idea, maintaining healthy skin from the inside is important as well. These don't happen overnight or don't work with external beauty products but only happen when lifestyle changes are put into place. Let's take a look at some of the well known lifestyle changes or habits that can help you get healthier skin.
1. Stop smoking: Apart from contributing to cancer and being nicknamed death sticks, smoking also causes a person's skin to look older. This is due to the fact that it constricts blood vessels within the body and thus causes wrinkles on the skin by disrupting the normal blood flow. It is thus advisable to give up smoking if you want to have healthier skin.
2. Eat more of dark leafy green vegetables:For skin to be healthy; your body also needs to be healthy internally. The best way to do that is to exercise and eat right. Eating right is an even more important and it is important to remember to include dark leafy vegetable which are packed with nutrients required by the body. Some examples of these foods are:
c. Brussels sprouts
e. Romaine lettuce, etc.
3. Exercising or incorporating at least some forms of movement:It is important to get into some regimen of exercising or working out, be it yoga, running whichever may be light, but makes you move during the day. This is very important as movement and exercise helps the lymphatic system within the body to make the immune system stronger. This will not only boost immunity, but will also help detoxify the body and hence help the skin become healthier.
4. Carry out detoxification diets and procedures at regular intervals:Detoxifying isn’t just about having a clean diet, but also about detoxifying the skin from the outside. While you can go for a green or fruits only diet or smoothies and cut out many food groups for a few days to detoxify, it is also important to detoxify the skin as well with body wraps, clay treatments, sugar scrubs, salt treatments etc.
5. Manage stress:This is a silent killer in many aspects as stress leads to hypertension and many other ailments. With regards to skin, stress releases cortisol, which over activates the blood vessels and causes it to make the skin over sensitive. This will result in visible redness, blushing and may even cause acne. Get into and start practicing stress management routines to minimize stress that will not only help you have healthy skin but good health in general. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My testosterone level is very low and I want to boost my testosterone level to normal and I also want to gain weight and build muscle. Is it possible to boost or reproduce testosterone normally.
I can't understand whether I have to drink alcohol or not after reading the benefits of hot drinks. Is it really helpful for health?
I am suffering from the problem of sleeplessness from 8 to 10 years ago. I have tried to sleep but can't sleep. Tell me what is the reason of this and some suggestions.
Hello I am 29 year old. I got married one month ago. Now I found that disease premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction and my penis little bend in left side. During the intercourse I discharge within 15 or 20 seconds. I take ayurvedic medicine from local vadya. Please suggest me.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
I frequently smoke marijuana. My throat is getting pain. Always sputum coming while coughing. Nights no sleep until 5 or 6 am.
Hi can you help me with early ejaculation during sexual intercourse. I want tablet n tips that can help well to perform in bed.
Stomach pain is coming regularly to me. It decrease when I use zintec tablets. Doctor also. Did not identify the problem correctly.
I have skin problem in every summers my skin gets dry and I also have headache when I got serious so please suggest me way.
I am suffering from fever I am also suffering from headache and stomach too what should I do to get rid of this pain as I become so weak what should I eat and which juice will you prefer to increase my hemoglobin. Please tell sir.
I am 31 years old male and have occasional headaches majorly on right side head at the back. I have been facing this issue from more than a year and observed it only happens when I am at work (very rare on weekends or holidays or vacation) and that too after lunch. I had my eyes examined and everything is fine. At times, my stomach gets acidic that flares up the problem. But overall I feel this is due to stress while I am working & anxious and continuously focusing on something. The situation has aggravated from the last few months and hampers my day-today work. Need help!
Boost your immunity naturally by including following foods...
1) Citrus foods: Citrus like oranges, grapefruit, lemons and limes are an excellent source of vitamin C which helps maintain the body’s defence against bacterial infections.
2) Turmeric: Turmeric is anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial, detoxifying and amazing for digestive health.
3) Papaya: Papaya is beneficial for those with digestive problems.
4) Ginger: Ginger has potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It helps to boost immune function and combat cellular damage.
5) Garlic:Garlic is also an immune system warrior, protecting the body from infections and illness
6) Pineapple: Pineapple helps in protein digestion which allows your body to utilize immune boosting amino acids effectively.
7) Proteins: Protein nourish your immune system, repair the body and assist recovery.
8) Wheat grass:Wheat grass Juice help support liver and immune function by boosting the liver’s ability to flush out toxins.
9) Berries: Berries help promote healthy tissues and organs. So by including the above foods in your daily diet you start getting improvement in your health.
Eat healthy..Stay healthy...
Sir I am 30 years old male. Last three days I am chest pain in left side and left hand pain & shoulder pain. Yesterday I hv done ECG . But ECG is normal. But still little chest pain and heaviness in left side . My bp is 118/72. What I hv to do.
Dear Dr, My wife, age 46 yrs having Diabetes problem since last some time and I wish to know which fruit she can take and which are to stop and some other precautions to take to reduce the problem. Regards
Hi My age is 27 yrs. I born with two testicles but in the age of 10 it remain with only one testicle. Right now I have only one left side testicle. I am bit concerned about my future life that would I able to produce child or it will be a problem in future. I also have consulted a doctor before as per him there will be no problem to have babies in future. But I want to double check for my satisfaction. Please help me.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PISTACHIOS
Pistachios contain the powerful antioxidant lutein. It prevents the accumulation of fat, and also prevents inflammation. With regular consumption in a period of a few days only, you will notice lowering of the cholesterol levels by 20%.
They are rich in fiber, which improves digestive function of the body. With only 10 pistachios you will provide the required daily intake of fiber.
One cup of pistachios contains 60% of the recommended daily amount of phosphorus. It stimulates glucose tolerance and is important for digestion of proteins to amino acids.
If consumed daily pistachios can increase sexual potency in men up to 51% thanks to the essential fatty acids which stimulate sex hormones and increase blood flow to the genitals.
If you are afraid of aging, you should eat at least 5-10 pistachios daily. They represent a natural Botox, because they contain numerous antioxidants in their structure.