Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. M.NatarajanYour feedback matters!
I am 17 years old and I have pain in my knees I weigh 78 kilos I have tried many pain relief ointments but it didn't work can you suggest me some remedy.
I am 22 years boy & I have a joint pain for last two days in every joint as I m suffered from fever for 4 days. Now the fever is not there but pain is still there, last day I have taken a medicine. But still the pain in joint are there. So what can I do.
Recently I had joint pain in knee, shoulder. My height is 167cm, weight is 60kg. Doctor advised me to check Serum uric acid. Serum uric acid level-8.7.(fasting. What is the reason behind high uric acid level. What I have to do to maintain uric acid within limit without any medication. To improve weight I am taking 100gms peanut daily. May I continue?
Sir I have been suffering from fever since last night. And I have a headache and back pain. Please sir tell me a solution.
I am 23 year male. I have back neck pain since 6 month. I have consulted many doctors bt it arises again after some days of treatment. The back neck portion swells when I travles in bus, studying more times. Or any hard work etc. Please help me. To relief form this pain permanently.
Sir/Madam, My mother has parkinson disease. Her problem from 3-4 years. She did not move her neck and she did not talk her tongue, she did not stand up her leg because she fell weakness very much. So please solve this problem whose is parkinson disease and give me some suggestion to save this disease. Sir, my contact no. Is 09411801689 and my e-mail id. Is mukeshyadav571@gmail. ComMukesh Kumar YadavAligarhUttar-PradeshIndia. 09411801689Sir/Madam, My mother has parkinson disease. Her problem from 3-4 years. She did not move her neck and she did not talk her tongue, she did not stand up her leg because she fell weakness very much. So please solve this problem whose is parkinson disease and give me some suggestion to save this disease. Sir, my contact no. Is 09411801689 and my e-mail id. Is mukeshyadav571@gmail. ComMukesh Kumar YadavAligarhUttar-PradeshIndia. 09411801689.
If you are suffering from arthritis, it is important for you to know about how it affects your knee and other joints. Arthritis is a chronic, systematic inflammatory disease which damages your joints and connective tissues. Your knee is commonly affected by arthritis and there are three primary types of arthritis that occur in the knees. They include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and post-traumatic arthritis.
Types of arthritis
The different types of arthritis affecting the knees occur due to different reasons. Osteoarthritis is a progressive condition, which wears away the joint cartilage over time. Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory condition, which may occur at any age. Post-traumatic arthritis occurs after an injury is inflicted to the knee and may occur several years after a ligament injury or knee fracture.
- Arthritis pain may occur all of a sudden, but commonly develops slowly. In the early stages, the pain is observed in the morning after you have been inactive over the night. Pain is likely when you want to move around. Pain may be experienced even when immobile.
- Periodic inflammation is a common symptom of arthritis of the knee. This happens because of the formation of bone spurs or excess fluids in your knee. The swelling gets pronounced after being inactive for a long period. The skin on your knee may look red and feel warm while you touch it. This may lead to chronic inflammation, which is very difficult to manage.
There are several ways of treating knee arthritis. The mode of treatment depends on the severity and cause of knee arthritis. NSAIDS or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are commonly prescribed for dealing with arthritis pain temporarily. Other medicines used for knee arthritis treatment are as follows:
- Analgesics, which help in pain reduction act as good alternatives to NSAIDS.
- Corticosteroids are used for reducing inflammation.
- Certain DMARDs or disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs are used.
Certain injections that are used for helping with knee arthritis. They include:
- Hyaluronic acid supplements, which ease the pain and inflammation by lubricating your knee joints.
- Corticosteroid injections also soothe inflammation and pain.
You may also require a surgery for dealing with knee arthritis when other modes of treatment fail. The most common surgeries are as follows:
- Total joint replacement, where your knee is replaced with a prosthetic made of metal, plastic or ceramic.
- Osteotomy, where the knee bones are modified for controlling pressure and damage in the knees.
- Arthroscopy, where an incision is made in the knee for removing damaged parts.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor, if you experience any symptom of knee arthritis. Early treatment will prevent the condition from worsening.