Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M. ManimaranYour feedback matters!
My father got all the reports normal in metro hospital, Gurgaon, the doctors could not find why is he suffering from breathing problem. Actually sometimes what happens is that while eating and sleeping he faces problem in breathing and it ultimately results in chocking. Please suggest some good hospital and please give your advice too. I" ll be thankful to you.
I have cold and cough since last week and it's so severe tha I start getting chest pain after coughing out so loud. Please help me.
Bacterial sinus problems of viridians strep with s.epidermidis .which homeo medicines should I take for a long time (immunity enhancement at the same time. Please give me advice.
Hello, I have dry cough since 20-25 days. Taken so many tablets and cough syrup also but feeling no relief in cough. Is there any better remedie for cough? Or any tablets? Please suggest me.
I am suffering from urticaria since november 2013. I was prescribed allopathic medicines which gave temporary relief only. The rashes are sometimes like scratch and sometimes cover an area over shoulder, chest, back, neck, and abdomen. Sometimes scratch like rashes appear on forearm. Lesions appear if something is written on forearm skin by some object. Usually the patches on shoulder, neck etc. Are itchy and heat is felt. Over the time I was using cetrizine which was working very well and the symptoms almost disappear on cetrizine. Later on in 2015 I stopped taking cetrizine and tried to control the issue with natural cures and ayurvedic remedies. However the problem was reduced but did not go off completely. So I would used to bear the less rashes that I had. But, about 3 months ago I contacted cold and used to cough. The cough lasted for more than weeks and I had breathing difficulty. I went to see a doctor after Xray and ct scan, mediastinal nodes were identified in lungs and TB was suspected. After biopsy which was done to rule out lymphoma TB was most probably suspected. Doctor has now given me TB drugs mostly antibiotics. However, in due course I have started taking cetrizine again and my urticaria has got worse. My body is less immune I think as I usually get cold in every season. Earlier I used to smoke and drink, but since one year I have quit all tobacco products and alcohol completely in order to curb urticaria. Currently I am using following remedies on daily basis: Nat. Muir 1M (empty stomach), Hepar sulphur 1M, belladonna 1M and Arsenic Album 1M. Bacillinum 10M (once a week) All are taken two drops directly on tongue on prescription of a family homeopathic doctor. I suspect that I might have a leaky gut, but I am not sure. I avoid milk products and I am also suffering from tooth cavity. Now I want to seek professional advice to cure Urticaria. Kindly advise on urticaria specific remedy.
For e.g. I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks and I have stomach pain. Whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should we done.
I am 31 years male, I have sinusitis problem. I daily get head ache. It increased a lot now a days. I can't bear pain. And top of that I have got neck pain. It's not reducing. And stiffness in neck can't turn my head .what should I do? Do I have cancer?
My wife is having nonproductive cough for the last one week. She took antibiotic with cough syrup, but it does not help a lot. Please do suggest. Thanks and regards.
Hi Dear doctor, my mother age is 49 she getting cough continuously, please suggest and also if required give me appointment
I have too much giddiness pain in neck my head is heavy is this due to sinus take stugeron25 in morning lcant stand what is this.
Sir I am 19 Year old I have been suffering from cough since last 2 Weeks tell me how can get relief from it.
Tuberculosis or TB is an airborne disease that mainly affects the lungs and has the potential to be fatal. People with an impaired immune system such as newborn babies, pregnant women or women who have just delivered a baby, diabetics, cancer patients and HIV positive people are at the highest risk of suffering from this disease. However, this disease can be prevented and treated.
Here are a few ways to protect yourself from this bacterial infection.
- Keep your distance: TB is a communicable disease and hence can spread from one person to another. If someone around you suffers from this disease, try limiting your contact with them. In cases where this is not possible, wear protective gloves and a mask to keep yourself safe. Avoid crowded, unhygienic places and always wash your hands with a disinfectant after contact with a TB patient.
- Boost your immunity: A strong immune system can fight off TB bacteria and keep you from getting infected. To build a strong immune system, eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables along with the required amount so carbohydrates, proteins and fats every day. Along with this, consult your doctor and start taking multivitamins or antioxidants on a daily basis.
- Maintain proper hygiene: Keeping your surroundings clean are crucial to the prevention of tuberculosis. Ensure that not only your home is kept clean, but the surrounding area is cleaned as well. Do not allow garbage to accumulate around your house. Make it a habit of washing your hands with disinfectant soap every time you come home and before eating anything.
- Vaccinate your children: When getting your children vaccinated, ensure that your child also receives the BCG or Bacillus Calmette-Guerin vaccine that can protect him or her against TB.
- Ventilate the house: The bacteria that causes tuberculosis, thrives in stagnant air and enclosed spaces. Hence, open your windows and let some fresh air in. Not only does this prevent the multiplication of bacteria and viruses in your house, it also does not allow your home to have a musty odour.
- Follow the complete course of treatment: If you have been diagnosed with TB, it is essential to complete the full course of antibiotics and not stop midway even if the symptoms have disappeared. Not adhering to the prescription gives the bacteria the ability to develop resistance to the drugs. When this resistant bacteria is exhaled it can infect more people with drug-resistant tuberculosis that is harder to cure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.