Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. M.MahenderYour feedback matters!
I have blocked nose. Wt sud I do in order to have a relief because I hv tried vaporizer as well and some bams.
I have severe block nose problem and have done ct and mri but the tract is wide open so need for surgery and the consultant says it is allergy. Please guide.
My father 70 years old having hearing problem. His left ear drum dead. Can he hear if he will use the machine. Already passed 10 yrs.
I have been suffering from sore throat since last 3 months. Visited an ent specialist and was prescribed to take antibiotics. I even did blood test for allergy. (TIGE) and it was quite high (576.3) and it should be less than 158. I am taking medicine for it also. I did ct scan also (CTPM limited)(CT Scan of PNS). The reports states the following. DNS as described with mucosa hypertrophy and edema of the right inferior and middle turbinates and similar hypertrophy of the posterior aspect of the left inferior turbinate. Mild inflammatory mucosa thickening along the floors of both maxillary, frontal and left sphenoid sinuses and suggestive of mild sinusitis. Subtle inflammatory soft tissue and secretions in few of the right posterior ethmoidal air cells. Extension of pneumatization of both of the sphenoid sinuses into the lateral recesses and clinoid processes. Bilateral type I frontal cells. Hypertrophied and bulky nasopharyngeal adenoids causing narrowing of the upper air way. I am asked to get operated for adenoids and inflation of nose. So could you suggest what should I do. Also I feel itching on my body after I have groundnuts so I have stopped it now.
I am suffering from severe sinus sir, my left ear get blocked whenever I take bath or it exposed to the air and I get severe headache often and my throat is sore always. I feel unheathy always and its so irritating.
The inflammation of the cavities around nasal passage is known as sinusitis. When the cavities are full of fluid, germs attach themselves to the fluids, which give rise to infections. Some of the causes of sinusitis are common colds, allergic rhinitis problem, nasal polyps and deviated septum. You can also learn about common ear infections.
There are 4 different types of sinusitis:
- Acute sinusitis: It remains for about 4 weeks or less. It is usually characterized by a runny nose and pain in the face which will stay for at least 10 to 14 days.
- Sub acute sinusitis: It is almost like the acute sinusitis but stays longer for about 4 to 8 weeks.
- Chronic sinusitis: The inflammation in this case lasts about 8 weeks, sometimes longer than that.
- Recurrent sinusitis: In this, the sinusitis attack keeps occurring all through the year.
At times, to clear up the blocked sinuses, a surgery is mandatory. This can be painful hence many are hesitant to go through with a surgery. If you want to control sinusitis so that it doesn't reach the limit where you have to go through a surgery, here are some tips of what you might be able to do regularly to clear your chances of controlling this:
- Take steam: This is the most common and easy way to control sinusitis. The steam helps to break down the excess mucus in the nasal passage and also reduces the inflammation of the sinuses. All you need is water. Heat it up to the required temperature and then inhale the steam. You will get a lot of relief if you do this regularly.
- Nasal Irrigation: This is basically the process of flushing the infected and stale mucus out of the nasal cavity. Take a liter of sterile water, mix one tablespoon of kosher salt and baking soda each. Then with the help of a syringe or a neti pot, wash your nostrils with the solution. The mucus will start coming out and your nasal cavity will clear out.
- Use warm washcloth: Lie down and place a warm washcloth (a washcloth dipped in warm water and wringed) on your forehead and nose region. The warmth from the washcloth will break down the mucus and clear the congestion.
Sinusitis is an irritation or swelling of the tissue covering the sinuses. Healthy sinuses are loaded with air. But there are times when they get blocked and loaded with fluid. In such cases, germs can develop and cause an infection. Due to this infection, your nose gets heavily blocked along with you sinuses and might make it difficult for you to breathe.
Conditions that can bring about sinus blockage include the following:
- Common cold
- Allergic rhinitis (swelling of the lining around the nose)
- Little developments or growths in the covering of the nose called nasal polyps
- A deviated septum (a shift in the nasal cavity)
Here are some of the ways you can get rid of sinusitis naturally:
- Soups and warm water: Drink warm water, soup or broth, and hot tea. These liquids will disperse bodily fluids and drain it from the disturbed sinuses.
- Turmeric/Ginger root: Turmeric root is an excellent fragrant spice found in most Indian and Middle Eastern dishes. Turmeric not only contains the regular calming and anti-inflammatory curcumin, it is also an antioxidant. When it is mixed with hot ginger ale and blended with hot tea, this mixture can remove excess fluid from the clogged nasal sections, ease sinus pressure and make you feel better.
- Spicy food: Spicy ingredients such as mustard, hot peppers, curry, horseradish, and masala in one’s food may help in clearing severely blocked sinuses. In case you like spices, think about including some hot flavours to your food to open your nasal entries.
- Apply warm packs: You can use a warm pack to keep the nasal tissues damp. Also, fill a round bowl or pot with steaming water and place your face over it with a towel around your head to inhale the steam in. This will open up your sinuses and make an easy path for fluid drainage.
- Take a steam: High temperature water vapour can saturate the sinuses. Sprinkle a couple drops of eucalyptus in the shower or bath and steam up your bathroom. A hot shower can also relax the bodily fluid as well as the mucus and debris that are stuck inside your nose.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is not only powerful in disposing off sinus issues; it can also be used for different skin and hair issues. What it does essentially for sinus infection is that it clears up the nose so that the bodily fluid can be removed quickly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.