Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M.K.ThiyagarajanYour feedback matters!
Skin care and beauty products are a multibillion dollar industry which has been known to use unscrupulous methods to ensure the success of their products. Not all of them are fraudulent as some specialist creams are known to be effective. The majority however is mostly a mixture of marketing gimmicks and very run of the mill ingredients which don't really do anything.
Let's look at a few reasons why most anti wrinkle creams don't work:
- Creams bought over the counter, barring non prescription ones, are mostly just moisturizers: When you buy a new wonder cream which is supposed to be beneficial for your skin and reduce wrinkles, all it may be doing is actually just moisturizing the skin. This results in smoother looking skin although the wrinkles are still there. This with the combination of the placebo effect makes you think it may actually be working to reduce your wrinkles.
- The use of marketing to make a product appear what it isn't: Anti-wrinkle cream manufacturers use clever ploys to market their product and make it appear as a magic solution when it isn't. Digitally enhanced photographs and the use of models that are gifted with exceptionally good skin may lure you into buying their product when it may not be effective for you at all.
- Lack of real ingredients: These creams lack the real ingredients for it to be effective anti wrinkle agents. Retinol is a regulated drug which is used in many high end creams and is known as the anti wrinkle drug. However, cheaper creams may not have any of this chemical and thus all the claims are complete hoaxes.
- Making expectations too high: The human body is meant to change throughout the years, but due to excessive and hyped marketing, many are led to believe anti wrinkle creams will work wonders on them. However, even the best cream can only do so much and thus it is important for you to have realistic expectations of any product.
- Wrinkle prevention is always easier than removing them: Leading a healthy lifestyle where you keep your body hydrated, and follow a proper diet and exercise well will do wonders for your skin. Keep your skin hydrated with light moisturizers as well and it will prevent more wrinkles from showing up. However, existing wrinkles will not go away completely but will remain minimized if you have a healthy lifestyle.
My face got white and dandruff kind of stuff falling whenever I wash my face. I hv oily sensitive skin. What should I do?
Namaskar Sir, Mera skin oily and black heads jyada hai. Dhup mein nikalne se kala chop ho jata hai. Pura dull ho gaya hai. Chikenpox or pimple ki wajah se skin mein gaddha ho gaya hai. Skin mein koi lighting nhi ho raha hai. Mera ek dost ne sujhaw diya ki Radyance Skin Brightening serrum use karne ke liye. Magar mera skin sensitive hai. Main kaya use karun? Uchit sujhab deke kripa kare. Dhanyobad.*Bikram*
Mix equal quantities of saffron, turmeric, neem, red sandalwood, tulsi, and multani mitti with buttermilk or milk and make a paste of it. Apply twice a day.
Prepare a mixture of lemon juice and rose water in equal quantities. Apply this mixture on the affected areas and wash off with fresh water after half an hour. About 15 days application helps cure acne, pimples and scars.
A paste of fresh fenugreek leaves, applied and washed off with warm water before going to bed is good for removing scars of old pimples.
Make a powdered mixture of coriander seeds, saunf, tulsi, turmeric, and Indian gooseberry (amla) in equal parts. Take ½ teaspoon of this powder 15 minutes before lunch and dinner.
Take1 teaspoon of powdered Indian gooseberry fruit (amla) in morning and evening with water.
Do's and Dont's-
Avoid spicy, oily foods, tea, coffee, cold drinks.
Eat fresh, unprocessed food.
Avoid White rice , bread, corn flakes and other foods which are high in glycemic index,triggering acne formation.
Avoid washing your face with soaps.Use fresh aloe vera twice a day.
Cleanse your face with lemon peels.
Increase intake of water to about 3-4litres per day, and take coconut water.