Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M. Jagannath
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. M. JagannathYour feedback matters!
I am 32 yrs old suffering from fever frontal headache and joint pain swelling in eyes non productive cough.
Sir/Madam, Recently I am getting pain in my ball of my feet & Knee joints after by usual walking exercise that I do once a week on holiday. Please advise.
I have pain in my knee. It all got started while playing football. I don't know but my knee is in pain and it has black colour on the knee.
Hi Sir, Cervical pain- can it be due to disc bulges seen in MRI ,in cervical area. Management? Does this cause sprain/strain in neck muscles? Cause of recurrence of cervical pain? And to effectively manage it?
Get pain in left hand and left part of body when I lift my left hand upside. Also find it painful to lift any heavy object from left hand. Have a pain in neck also. Have ruled out anything related to heart since had done complete heart check up recently.
I have cervical pain from last 9 years. But it is very painful for 2-3 days and the head is very heavy. What should I do for that?
Hi I had a baby in nov 2014 by c section. And from last 2 months having severe knee pain and back ache when I get up in the morning. I feel really week and tired all the time.
A headache is one of the most common ailments experienced by most people. While some have a definite cause and pattern, others come and go without a proper cause being identified. The severe ones which recur and can affect the quality of life are dreaded by the sufferers. In these people, they know the pattern to it and the thought of it can be scaring. With a lot of research being done, the good news is that there are simple but effective ways of managing these headaches.
Read on to know some of the most common simple ways to get rid of your headache.
- Quieten down: One of the triggers for a headache is bright light and sound and noise. When you try to reduce the amount of noise, light, and sound, surprisingly the headaches will disappear or reduce in intensity for sure.
- Eat on time: Hunger headaches are one of the most common types, and not many realize it. When the gap between two meals is too long, headaches occur. Eating on time is a good and simple way to manage headaches in those who are prone to it.
- Drink it up: Surprisingly, dehydration can lead to headaches, especially when combined with being out in the sun. For fear of having to pass urine, do not make the mistake of not drinking enough water. Keep sipping small amounts and prevent a headache.
- Meditate: Meditating and improving blood flow through the cells helps in preventing and/or reducing the intensity of headaches. This helps relax the muscles and improves pain tolerance too.
- Headgear: For those who are used to wearing tight headgear, loosening up can help in the relief of headaches. Be it a scarf or bandana or a hairband, this can compress blood flow and cause a headache. Loosening these can reduce a headache.
- Massage: A good massage around the forehead, neck, and shoulder is one of the best ways to relax and relieve headaches. This also soothes the nerves and improves blood flow.
- Hot/cold therapy: A good shower (preferred to bath) with alternate hot and cold water works wonders for most people with headaches. While the cold water soothes your nerves, the hot water improves blood flow and provides relief.
- Medications: Needless to say, if none of the above work for you, you would have to take medications. The trick to taking the pill that works for you (prescribed by the doctor, of course!) as soon as you realize the onset of a headache. This helps in controlling the pain quickly and getting rid of a headache.
While headaches are inevitable, there are definitely ways to manage them easily.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!