Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Dark Circle
Treatment of Eye Pain
Treatment of Conjunctivitis
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Eye Itching
Treatment of Eye Infection
Treatment of Tearing Eyes
Treatment of Eye Burning
Treatment of Myopia
Treatment of Eye Allergy
Treatment of Poor Eye Sight
Management of Blindness
Treatment of Dry Eyes
Treatment of Cataract
Treatment of Squint
Treatment of Watery Eyes
Treatment Of Glaucoma
Submit a review for Dr. M.J.VenkatesanYour feedback matters!
Sir iam male age 21 sir iam having simple myopia with 3 diopter power in both eyes is there any way by I can reduce my power (exercise or medicine) or lack is the option left. Is lasik safe for surgery?
Hi I am 22 year old I have suffering from eye problem when I go to bike my eye will red it is pain what I do I am also get treatment from my family doctor.
I am 25years old having back problem and arm ache problem I had consulted with doctor but the medicine is not working please suggest me the best way to resolve this and help me for this and contact me asap.
My headache is not getting alright. It is continuous from 5 days. When I wake up it is actually normal but as I get in light or sunlight it started and also eye pain occurs What is it? What would I do? I can not concentrate on any thing because of it. Pls help.
As I am b. Tech student of computer science from mnit jaipur. I have to work a lot on computer but from last week I have pain in my eyes. What I can do to avoid this.
I have watery eyes from last 2 days, is it dry eye syndrome? I have specs but they are fine. I can see properly. I am not using much of laptop right now as I am on a vacation.
I am 25 year old female I am suffering from sinus problem from past 10 years. everyday I wake up and I start sneezing with watery eyes and itching in my eyes. I suffer from headache and sore throat, irritation in my ears. I tried homeopathy medicine but tired of eating them. I start taking Hyrax 25 because I feel some relief after having it. I can't do my house works, nor I am able to study properly. I can't even sleep with this running nose. And whenever I wake up I feel heavy head. Please tell me what to do?
My wife has problem of itching in eye she is 26 year old. She is facing problem since last 2.5 year.
I have some redness I my right eye. I have taken medicine gudgesic plus and eye drop milflodex. But the problem usually occurs. What should I do.
I have backpain for 4 days and I feel low. Also my vision is more brighter than usual. Is it something serious?
I'm 20 years old and I have a problem of stye. It happens one after the other in both eyes. What should I do?
Hi I am 32 years old and my eye side is weak from last 17 years. Recently checked my number increased so much. My eye side is weak for far away things. Close things I can see properly. Is laser surgery is possible for me? Is that safe?
I have to appear for medical examination in Railway in which requirement is 6/9, 6/9, I am using spectacles having power -1.5D, I have to improve my eye sight without Laser surgery for final selection, I am in big trouble how can I improve my eye sight within 2-3 months upto 6/9. Is there any method to do this, please help me out.
In past 2 days I hav severe eye pain and I wear spec instead of that I can not tolerate my pain what should I do?
Since 4-5 months I have been noticing my eyes turn bloody red immediately after taking shower and turn normal after 30-40 mins. What could be the possible causes and remedies?
Diabetes is a pervading disease as it does not spare any system of your body. The increased sugar level affects everything from circulation to vision to kidneys. Diabetes is the leading cause of blindness in the eyes in the age group of 25 to 75.
Some of the common eye problems caused by diabetes are listed below
- Blurred vision: Increased sugar levels can cause blurred vision. While most people might jump to getting a corrective lens, it may not be needed in all cases. Try getting the sugar levels to normal levels and see the vision improve. It may take up to 3 months, but it is definitely possible to do away with the lens.
- Cataracts: Clouding of the lens which is known as cataracts can set in early when there is diabetes. Worsening of cataracts also is at a quicker pace with diabetics. The blurring of vision and glare can set in, which would require removal of the clouded lens and placement of an artificial lens.
- Glaucoma: There is always a certain amount of pressure on the eyes, known as intraocular pressure. This pressure increases significantly in diabetics, leading to vision changes and damage to nerves and blood vessels. Glaucoma can cause dryness in the eyes, as there is less amount of liquid that the eye makes. There could also be headaches, eye pains, blurred vision, and vision loss. In addition to eye drops, surgery and laser can also be used for correction.
- Diabetic retinopathy: The retina is a layer on which image of an object falls, and from there, a message is sent to the brain to identify an object. However, in people with increased sugar levels, the blood vessels in the retina can be damaged, leading to vision problems and even blindness. Greater the sugar levels, greater the damage. There could be people who have lost vision due to this condition. Periodic checkups are advised to ensure that the vision is constantly monitored. There could be black spots or holes in the vision, flashes of light, and even blurring of vision gradually resulting in a complete loss.
Some eye care tips:
Now that we know diabetes affects the eyes adversely, the following are some effective tips to ensure good eye health is maintained.
- If sugar levels are not well controlled, more frequent checkups are advised, else, annual checkup should suffice.
- Monitor and control the blood sugar and A1c levels
- Monitor and control blood pressure levels, as combined with higher blood sugar levels, the damage is exponential
- Quit smoking
- Monitor and control cholesterol levels
- Healthy diet with lots of vitamins, minerals, and protein
- Exercise to help in improving overall quality of life