Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M.Harish
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M.HarishYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have been using combitide starhaler 250 for breathing trouble. Currently it is not available in stock in nearby pharmacy as well as in online stores. Can you please recommend me the best possible alternative for starhaler. Please note that I have been using the medication because most often I get breathing problem and on diagnosis, it has been found that my mass cell are hyper sensitive.
My son is 4 years old he has been having a cough and cold continuously since 8 months. Docs say he has childhood asthma and allergy. I give him his medicines but he is not getting better. Please suggest alternatives.
I am always having cough problem through out the year. What to do for this? provide some suggestions and available medicine in the market. Thank you
My mother 40 years old. Suffering asthma and severe gastric since 5 years. No cure from any medicine.
What are the reasons of causing tuberculosis and how can we escape from tuberculosis and what precautions should be taken who's suffering from it.
I keep getting these tonsil stones often. Its always the same spot same size. How I prevent these? I don't even eat any cold foods. Please help.
I am having a cough problem when I eat some thing the food get stuck in my throat and I can not breath for a minute pleaseeeee helpppppppppp.
As in the case of most infections, the occurrence of tonsillitis is more common in children due to relatively lower immunity and habits that invite infections. Let's take a look at the first line of defence when you have a cranky child with swollen tonsils.
1. Make your child gargle with salty warm water: This treatment is most helpful in any infection in the mouth. Add half teaspoonful of salt to a glass of warm water and make the child gargle with the mixture as many times in the day as possible (to a maximum of 5 times). Continue till the condition prevails.
Make sure the child spits out the water and not drinks it.
2. Antibiotics: Consult the ent specialist and have the antibiotics if it is a bacterial cause as per the doctor. Take the alternative treatment prescribed in case of other causes. The entire course of medication should be completed even if the kid gets better sooner to eliminate all traces of bacteria.
3. Painkiller/numbing lozenges: Painkillers that are prescribed by the doctor can be given to ease the pain. Same is the case with lozenges but care should be taken that he/she should not have too many of these.
4. Allow him/her to take rest: It does help in a betterment of the condition!
5. Give warm (not hot) soothing food: Soup, ginger honey mixture, ginger tea can help soothe the inflamed tonsils in most cases. The condition, more often than not, gets better within 7-10 days.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!