Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. M.G.SekarYour feedback matters!
My mother age 60. She is suffering from urine inf. Her leg was swelling all the time. Due to swelling she cant walk long n due to swelling she cant sit properly at the time of potty. Every test has been done but no result has been so far. To know the problem. Just she do home remedies. Put hot water on legs to get relex. Sir please help me with your suggestion.
Pelvis discomfort, I have two calculi in right kidney and left renal agenesis, 19 mm cyst in left seminal vesicle, is it any std causing the pelvis discomfort?
I am 21 years old m staying in hostel and recently I found my urine to be orange in colour. Same happened with my friends. M really worried.
I have two kidney stones 6 mm and 3 mm 15 days with swelling in kidney. I have been on home remedies once pain was reduced to bearable levels. Now as per new ultrasound there is stone of 4 mm but kidney swelling is still there. Also I am suffering with mild pain but constant pain throughout the day which makes it worse. Please suggest if surgery is recommended here or home remedy can help in this.
(less commonly prostatosis) is inflammation of the prostate gland. Prostatitis is classified into acute, chronic, asymptomatic inflammatory prostatitis, and chronic pelvic pain syndrome.
Prostatitis is diagnosed in 8 percent of all urologist visits and 1 percent of all primary care physician visits
Carrot juice: a glass of carrot juice taken separately or in combination with spinach juice (in 3: 2 ratio), twice a day is an excellent remedy for prostatitis and other prostrate diseases.
Tomato: tomato contains vital antioxidants that help fight bacterial infection. It also contains bioflavonoid lycopene, which helps decrease incidence of urination. Thus tomato is an excellent remedy for prostatitis.
Cranberries: cranberries are a rich in antioxidants and other natural compounds which are very effective in treatment of urinary tract disorders like prostatitis. Cranberries have also been found effective in prostrate cancer.
Watermelon seeds: seeds of watermelon contain certain vital unsaturated fatty acids, which helps maintain ph level in of the urinary tract and bladder which is essential for maintaining a healthy prostrate. Watermelon seeds are recommended as a natural cure for prostatitis.
Papaya: papaya is a rich source ofbioflavonoid lycopene which is very essential for maintaining good prostrate health. This makes papaya an excellent home remedy for prostatitis.
Turmeric roots: the root of turmeric plant contains curcumin, which is a powerful anto toxin and helps alleviate inflammation of prostrate. A decoction made by boiling turmeric root in watecr when taken in 100 ml dosage, twice a day is an excellent remedy for prostatitis.
Diet comprising of steamed vegetables, fresh fruits, whole grains and soy are effective in treatment of prostatitis.
Drink plenty of water (at least 10 glasses a day to increase flow of urine).
Foods to be avoided:
Spicy food and condiments
Food containing excessive starch (rice, barley, cornmeal, rye, breads, oatmeal,)
All kinds of meat (red meat is a strict no)
Food containing white refined sugar (sweets, candies, pie, cake etc)
Tea, coffee and alcohol
Excess salty food.
Gd mrng sir. I am 50 male. I am having a problem with passage of urine I don't have burning or pain while passing my urine but my stream & flow of urine is slow since last 4 years. I have bloodpressue & for that I am taking telma 40 & I have not started medicine for my blood sugar yesterday my fasting was 109. Sir I had a, renal calculi way back in june 2001 is it having any correlation with weak urine flow becoz that time I took homeopathy medicine & got respite from it. After thatvI have gone through ultrasound twice but things were normal. Sir please advice me some medicine for this problem of weak urine flow. I don't have any sexual contacts since last seven years. Expecting your kind suggestion in this regard.
Treatment for Kidney stones varies depending on the size and type of the stone or the symptoms caused by it. In case of small stones, medication and simple changes in lifestyle can be enough to treat it, but surgeries and extensive treatments are required if symptoms are severe. Following are treatment options for kidney stones:
Small stones with minimal symptoms:
- Drinking water: Drinking around 3 liters of water a day will regulate your urinary system and can effectively eliminate small stones. Unless your doctor advices otherwise, drinking ample amount of fluids, usually water, is one of the commonest way to get rid of small kidney stones.
- Pain relievers: There might be a considerable amount of pain and discomfort associated with passing the stone through urine. Your doctor may recommend pain killers like Ibuprofen, Naproxen sodium or acetaminophen.
- Medical therapy: In order to eliminate the kidney stone, your doctor may administer medical therapy. Medication like alpha blocker helps in passing the kidney stone with least pain and more quickly. It relaxes the muscles in the ureter and makes the process relatively easy.
Large stones with severe symptoms:
- Using sound waves to break up stones: In this technique, a procedure called Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL), is employed. ESWL uses the help of sound waves to create vibrations which breaks the stones in smaller pieces. This procedure takes about an hour and can cause mild pain and discomfort. Your doctor may administer sedatives to reduce your sensitivity. ESWL has side effects like blood in urine or bruising in the abdomen.
- Surgical removal of kidney stones: Surgical removal of stones is done with the help of a procedure called nephrolithotomy. It uses small telescopes and other instruments which are inserted in your back through a small incision. It is generally done in case of large stones and when ESWL fails.
- Ureteric Calculi (Using a scope to remove stones): A thin illuminated tube called ureteroscope is used to remove a comparatively smaller stone in the kidney or ureter. The ureteroscope is equipped with a tiny camera which determines the location of the stone which is then broken into pieces with the help of other instruments. It may require general or regional anesthesia.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have post void urine of 100 ml as per my last sonography report. What precaution, I need to take on day to day basis to prevent this.
I am facing burn issue and pain at the end while urinating from last some day. Please suggest some natural treatment for it. I am unmarried.
I have 3.75 mm kidney stone, please consult me without operation treatment. Thanks. Regards A.Q.RAHMANI.
Jab main toilet ko zaata hu tab muze bahut der ke baad toilet aati hai. Yah 2-4 saal se ho raha hai. Paani bhi bahut pita hu aisa lyu hota hai ye pata nahi Plzz rply.
Hii. I am 20 year old girl my breast size is very small and also I am underweight, my height is 5'3" and weight 42kg. I have two questions that is - 1. Underweight does not allow to grow breast size? If yes, so what to do to increase my breast size and also at what age breast size increases. 3. I have undergone my full body checkup and all reports are normal except ultrasound showing that small stones in both kidney. Is it cause me to stay underweight?
Hi Team, My bladder size is 60 mm .how to enlarge or is there any remedy to increase the size . Frequency of urination is very high. Request you to kindly respond at the earliest . It would be a great help , if you respond asap.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infections. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.