Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. M.CharulathaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from pain in my Base of foot. Which is facing ground. It burns like hell. Please tell me the cure.
I have mild muscle pain occasionally in my right upper arm and I feel weaknesses in my full arm Please suggest me solution for the same Thanks.
I am 32 years old and since 2009 I was suffering from leg pain and was diagnosed as sciatic pain initially and was using some pain killers and anti biotic. The problem was resolved, but again in 2012 it repeated and doctors suggested to go for MRI scan and noticed that L5 disk bulge is there and suggested to take rest for one month (bed rest) and the problem was solved. But again in 2014 same problem occurred. This time it was ok with yoga course. But whereas, one doctor suggested to take complete health check up and he identified with the results that due to diabetes I was suffering all these days. Now blood sugar levels are 130 (fasting) and 200 pp.
I have one problem that my legs are getting pain while I was riding the cycle what is the main problem that?
I am suffering from fracture of ligament right knee due to fall down in the pit and suffering medical tere within four months ago. Ayurveda treat continued 3 months. Now the muscle of above and below of knee very low. Cotton with oil around knee for supporting walk. With out cotton or knee cape I can't walk free.
Sir, I am felling pain in my joints most of the time specially in shoulders. And a tick tak sound comes from my joints.
I having right leg nerve he swelling pain from trunk to foot. It's very painful when work is hard then trunk also pain please any solution?
Please help me I have a pain on my right sight hip when I walk after masturbating. Now this pain continuously.
I am having pain in my left arm and upper part of the breast/ chest from last 6 months. Have been to many doctors. They say it's acidity and muscular pain. I have done my blood tests. Everything is normal. I don't have thyroid also. To be on safer side. I have done ecg also. That is also normal. I go for walks and walk around 3 km everyday without any problem. What could be the problem. I hope it's not related to heart. I feel very scared sometimes. And sometimes I feel vertigo also. Pls help me.
Hii im abhishek singh. I am being facing from fever every time. My body temperature raises any time. My joints to pain a lot. I have been recommended with many doctor but not get cure yet. I want that I should get cured because its pains a lot. What should I do for this?
I am 17 years old I have much problem such as fever, pain in leg and eye problem sir please suggest me.
My age is 19 years my body is full of pain and legs and hands are to much pain but I am not walking until two days but why my legs are too pain and body is full of pain please suggest some medicine for this please.
Septic Arthritis of Hip is relatively uncommon condition in children, but it should be suspected in a child who is ill, toxic and unable to walk. Movement of the affected joint is not possible because of pain. Diagnosis is confirmed by raised white cell count and erythrocyte sedimentation rate(ESR) and perhaps by effusion on ultrasound images. No test is perfectly sensitive or specific, so expert clinical judgement is required.
Urgent surgical drainage should be done to save the hip joint from destruction or to reduce the risk of late osteoarthritis.
- Diagnosis may be particularly difficult in neonates.
- Staphylococcus aureus is the usual infective organism.
- Patient will need long term antibiotic therapy.
- Weight bearing should be avoided until complete recovery.
Meniscus refers to the soft ligament in your knee joint, which cushions your bones and protects it from wear and tear. It is vital for the fulfilment of regular activities and the health of your bones. Thus, a damage to the meniscus can be extremely painful. Meniscuses are exposed to injuries and shocks in case of rigorous activities and this is a fairly common syndrome faced by athletes and sports persons. It can cause a substantial amount of hurt and generally impairs movement to a large extent. It potentially gets worse as the inflammation sets in and the swelling grows. The risk of a meniscus tear increases with age. The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective.
Symptoms of a torn meniscus
1. You might be able to experience a popping sensation in your knee joint
2. Stiffness and swelling
3. You will experience pain, especially while you are trying to twist your knee
4. You might not be able to straighten your knee completely
The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective:
1. Light exercises: For slightly serious meniscus tears, there are certain knee exercises which are recommended to abort any further damage as well as to repair the wound. Limiting the activities which might exert pressure on the knees, getting adequate rest, using ice packs and wearing neoprene sleeves always aid in recovery.
2. Anti-inflammatory medications: Often, meniscus tears are cured with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen. They not only reduce pain but also enable the mending of the injured tissue. However, one needs to be aware of a few side effects which often become natural repercussions of such drugs. Possibility of ulcers and bleeding get increased by leaps and bounds on the intake of such drugs.
3. Surgery: For all other forms of meniscus tears, if healing is not obtained through non-surgical methods, the only option available is that of surgery. Such a situation arises when the pain becomes unbearable and the meniscus tear does not respond favorably to superficial treatments. These surgeries are less complicated than replacement surgeries. They usually do not involve any life threatening hazard and cautious and efficiently conducted surgeries release all pains and handicaps. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.