Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
My skin is Dark, and I want a treatment for skin brightening, but I am not sure, may be this may cause any disease.
What are the problems of hair fall which things are affecting it what is the solution ti control hair fall.
I am 18 years old nd I have skin problem as I go out in sun. Many pimples r come out on my face. So what I do to remove these pimples nd also my skin becomes so oily nd sticky. please give me the solution of this problem.
Hii sir, I am suffering from allergy on my butts since two years I used so many ointments but I am not overcoming this problem so please sir tell me a solution.
I have skin diseases in my face. I have pimples and black marks on my face. What should I do for remove this black marks.
I have white pimples on my body. I used scar removal cream for one year but did not see any changes on my body. What should I do?
I am continuously losing my hair even I tried for all the doctors at gorakhpur, both ayurveda, homeopathy and medical but it is useless, there is no hair loss in my family members and I am suffering it from near about two years and there is very less hair remaining, please provide a solution to stop it completely.
I have black spot in my back pimple and skrech. But no. effective I was 4 month use medicine but no effect.
The colour of my face has gone dark because of the sun. The same goes for my arms. The part which is covered from the shirt is fair n the rest is all dark. What should I use so that my colour goes back to its original tone?
Within the human body, there are certain parts, which are more prone to stress and friction than others. All joints are susceptible to this, but even within the joints, the knees are even more of a stress point.
The skin on the knees, as well as the bones, the joint and the cartilage, are highly susceptible to wear and tear. Due to frequent rubbing and friction, the skin can be put under much stress and thus, may cause skin conditions as well.
One of the most common skin conditions that many face is the hardening and darkening of the knees.
This may happen due to,
- Continuous friction from clothing
- Playing sports out in the sun where the knees may be exposed
- Excessive keratin on the skin on the knees
- Resting on the knees for long periods of time
- Other physiological conditions that may result in skin pigmentation
There are some quick remedies that can be used to rectify or at least lessen the dark patches on the knees.
- Cleansing or exfoliating - Dead skin cells may build up in layers and cause the darkening of the knees and, thus, it is important to regularly exfoliate or scrub with a gentle soap. In mild cases, this alone can take care of the problems of dark knees.
- Using lemon juice - Applying lemon juice 2 times daily for a few days regularly will reduce the dark areas and lighten the skin.
- Moisturizing the skin - Applying a moisturizer regularly on the skin will keep it hydrated and also help in reducing dead skin cells piling up. This will prevent and also lessen the darkening of the skin on the knees.
However, home remedies or treatments may not be the solution in all cases as there may be underlying physical causes, which need to be treated at a deeper level. In such cases, it is prudent to seek dermatological treatment.