Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M C Deepak
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M C DeepakYour feedback matters!
Hi sir my mom is 60 years old she has diabetic since 10 year but now days she has problem of legs she has swelling in legs bottom not able to walk properly. After pathology report s creatinine show 6.2 plzzz suggest.
I am 67. I am diabetic for the last 25 years. I am on HM insulin 22 - 22 units with Sitagliptin 50/500 of & glimepiride 3 mg with Metformin 500 mg twice a day. But my fbs is 180 & PP is 283. PL. Suggest.
Diabetes is often referred to as diabetes mellitus by physicians, which is used for describing a group of metabolic-related diseases. Diabetic patients have high blood sugar (blood glucose) in the blood, the cause of which might be either the inadequate production of insulin or because the body is unable to use the insulin properly. Diabetes might also be a result of the combination of both.
There are three types of diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes which was formerly known as insulin-dependent diabetes or juvenile onset diabetes due to the fact that the symptoms are typically diagnosed in young children and children in their teens. Approximately 10%diabetic patients are Type 1 diabetic where the body is unable to produce insulin.
- Type 2 diabetes was also known as non-insulin-dependent diabetes or adult onset diabetes, as it occurs mostly in adults. Approximately 90%diabetic patients worldwide are Type 2 diabetes, which occurs because the body is unable to produce the required amount of insulin for proper functioning. Overweight and obese people suffering from central obesity or abdominal obesity are more at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes than people who have a healthy body weight, as obesity forces the release of chemicals which may destabilize the cardiovascular and metabolic systems of the body. The risks of developing Type 2 diabetes also increases as one grows older.
- Another type of diabetes is gestational diabetes, which mainly affects pregnant women who have high glucose levels in their blood. The bodies of these women are unable to produce the required amount of insulin to transport all the glucose to their cells leading to the progressive increase of glucose. Studies have revealed that women who have animal fat and cholesterol-rich diet before pregnancy are at more risk of developing this type of diabetes.
Symptoms of diabetes include excessive thirst, dehydration, increased urination and hunger. Symptoms may also include fatigue, skin problems, slow healing wounds, blurred vision and tingling in the feet.
- Patients who are afflicted with Type 1 diabetes will have to take insulin injections for life. Proper blood glucose levels have to be maintained throughout by following a strict diet and regular blood tests need to be carried out.
- Patients with Type 2 diabetes need to keep their weight in check. They are generally treated with tablets, but sometimes insulin injections are recommended. These diabetic patients need to follow a healthy diet strictly, exercise regularly and keep monitoring their blood glucose levels. Another option for obese people to reduce symptoms is Bariatric surgery.
- While gestational diabetes can be controlled with proper diet and regular exercise, there are 10 - 20%of diabetics who will need medications to control blood-glucose. Undiagnosed and untreated gestational diabetes raises the risks of complications during childbirth and may result in a baby who is bigger than he / she should be.
Acute complications of diabetes may include hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia while chronic complications may include diseases of the blood vessels which could damage the eyes, nerves, kidneys and the heart. If you think you have symptoms which suggest diabetes, consulting a doctor at the earliest would be your best option.Type diabetes
My Hb1Ac is 6% and Average Blood Glucose (ABG ) is 125 mg/dl. Is it diabetic or impaired glucose tolerance.
Hi sir At random I get tested for T3, T4 and TSH. My t3 and t4 is normal but I found my TSH in the range of 7. Whether any homeopathic medicine to cure permanently. My age is 43.
Sir type 1 and type 2 diabetes bali female yadi apna blood glucose controle me rakhe to vo kya 70 and 80 years tak jinda rah saktee hai.
I have baldness I treated in several hospitals both ayurvedic and allopathic. But no results I'm not interested in hair fixing. I don't have any allergic reaction to medicines. I m not taking any medicines for any kind of disease. Menstruation is regular. I had undergone investigations like in hb, thyroid functions etc. Can you help me out from this problem.
The instance of diabetes are rising day by day. Being a silent killer, it is attacking the young generation secretly and two common impacts of taking modern medicines for diabetes are insulin resistance and various side effects. This eventually has led to a search for alternative methods, which can address the problem of diabetes. Ayurveda plays a vital role in curbing diabetes, if you use it the right way, it can address the root cause of diabetes through proper application of diet, drugs, panchakarma and yoga.
Simple ways to cure diabetes through Ayurveda
- Bitter gourd juice: You can take up 30 ml of bitter melon juice every morning on an empty stomach. If you are unable to consume it raw, then you may prepare simple oil-free recipes with it. It is one of the best remedies of diabetes and you can see a lowered diabetes level with consistent consumption of bitter gourd juice.
- Ground bay leaf and aloe vera: The mixture of half teaspoon of ground bay leaf, half teaspoon of turmeric and one teaspoon of aloe vera gel can be taken before lunch every day to control blood sugar level.
- Fenugreek seeds: Commonly called the Methi seeds, this ingredient can be mixed with a little amount of turmeric along with a glassful of warm milk twice daily to reduce blood sugar problems. You can soak some fenugreek seeds in warm water overnight and chew it on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Jamun seeds: The seed powder of Eugenia jambolina, commonly called the Jamun, is very helpful in reducing the blood sugar level. You can have one teaspoon of jamun seed powder followed by a glass of warm water or chew Jamun leaves to prevent the conversion of starch into sugar.
- Indian gooseberry: This fruit enriched with high amounts of Vitamin C is commonly called Amla. Having 20 ml Amla juice every day can be prescribed for a diabetic patient. You can also take the amla fruit powder every day to get similar results.
- Bark of the banyan tree: If you are suffering from increased levels of blood sugar, then you may consume the decoction of banyan tree bark twice regularly. You will have to take 20 grams of the bark and boil it in 4 glasses of water. When this mixture is reduced to approximately 1 glass, you can consume it after it cools down.
The level and symptoms of diabetes vary among different individuals. Therefore, before you jump on to trying any of these methods, it is recommended to consult an expert who can help you select the most suitable Ayurvedic solution for increased sugar levels.