Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Radiologists in India. You will find Radiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Radiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M.Anmas John
Diagnostic X- Ray
Bone Densitometry Procedure
Uterine Artery Embolization
Interventional Diagnostic Procedures
Angiography Radial Approach
Submit a review for Dr. M.Anmas JohnYour feedback matters!
I am having problem in my spinal cord disc L4 -L5. With some loss of fluid. Now my knee joint also getting pain. What you wil suggest.
He his getting pain in Right mammary. He himself feel like burning sensation. We took him to hospital and initially they took x ray and said nothing. After few days my father feeling pain still so took to hospital again and for our concern they made CT scan after seeing that report they said no problem. By surfing in net am feeling is this a breast fat necrosis in male?
Breast Cancer - What exactly is it?
‘Breast cancer’ is a term that is used to refer to a malignant tumour, which has developed from cells present in the breast. Generally, all tumours can be divided into two categories i.e. benign and malignant and it is the malignant tumour that is responsible for causing cancer. Breast cancer generally originates in the cells the milk producing glands of the breast's or the passage, which carries milk from the glands to the lobules. Additionally, breast cancer can also originate in the stromal tissues, including the fibrous and fatty connective breast tissues.
Breast Cancer: Treatment Options
Treatment for breast cancer depends upon two things: the exact type of the cancer and how advanced the cancer is. Treatment options for breast cancer can thus be broadly divided into two categories as Local treatments and Systemic treatments.
Treatments that target the tumour without having any effect on the rest of the body are called local treatments. The following types of local treatment options are available for treating breast cancer:
- Surgery: Surgical breast cancer treatment involves removal of the malignant cancerous tumour in an operation. Smaller tumours can be removed using a surgical process referred to as ‘lumpectomy’, wherein the tumour along with a small amount of healthy tissue surrounding the tumour is removed. For larger tumours, removal of the entire breast becomes mandatory, in a surgical process known as ‘mastectomy’. Women who undergo mastectomy can choose to undergo reconstructive plastic surgery for reconstruction of the removed breast(s).
- Radiation Therapy: This basically involves using radiation to kill cancer cells present in the body. Radiation therapy is a long-drawn process that usually involves a set number of treatments administered over a long period of time. Radiation therapy is also generally the follow-up procedure after a lumpectomy, or more rarely, a mastectomy.
Treatments involving drugs that are administered via either the mouth or direct injection into the bloodstream are called systemic treatments. These include:
- Chemotherapy: This includes using drugs to destroy the cancer cells present in the body by stopping the cancer cells from growing and dividing. Chemotherapy can be administered using either an IV (intravenous) tube or via pills that can be swallowed.
- Hormone Therapy: This treatment option is used for treating tumours which have tested positive for progesterone or oestrogen receptors. Blocking hormones that fuel the tumour’s growth is the basis of this therapy.
- Targeted Therapy: This targets specific proteins and genes which contribute to growth and survival of the cancer cells. Targeted therapy is an extremely focused treatment, and is very effective in blocking the growth and division of cancer cells, as well as minimizing damage to surrounding healthy cells.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am Dr. Malvika Sabharwal from jeevan mala hospital and apolo spectral hospital in Karol Bagh, New Delhi India.
I am gonna tell you about uterus removal. Uterus removal is a very common operation. Bht commonly isko kara jata hai k patient ata hai apko bolta hai k ji hamary ko flah flah flah problem hai or ap hamara uterus nikal dijiye. Sb sy phly to main apko btaungi kya indications hain. Chahye wo fibroid k hn, ya bleeding zyada ho rai ho. Koi fibroid nai hai per bleeding bht zyada ho rai hai ya koi changes a rhy hain. Jaisa k agr mouth of the uterus main agr koi peps pal krty hain routinely jo k karna chahye, her ek marez k liye. Ap regular apasnaol kar ry hain us main koi changes any lag jaty hain ya aisi koi bhi problem ho to patient ata hai or wo bara clear mind sy kehta hai k ji mje uterus remove krwana hai. Kbhi kbhi wo refered cases hoty hain. Ya marez ko kahein kaha jata hai or hamary pas aty hain. Q k hamary pas jo uterus removal ka tareka hai wo hai durbeen sy or ek pait khol k. pait khol kr jo karty hain, ek bara 8 centimeter, 8 inches k kareeb ek insection hota hai pait k upper or us k through hm uterus ko, us ko pakar k baher nikal k us ki puri surgery kr k as pas disconnect kr k us ko nikal dety hain. Or abdomen ko stitch kr dety hain. Laparoscopic surgery jb sy hm ny shuru kari hai. Year was 92. I think ye sb sy bara bone hai. Doctor k lye bhi, patient k lye bhi. Ek to patient friendly surgery hai. Or doctor k liye offcourse, doctor ko sekhny main thora samain zaror lgta hai,but once you have commanded the technique of Laparoscopic surgery, it is the best. It is the best for the patient and for you it’s a very affective way of taking out the uterus without any problems. Ap us ko Laparoscopicly nikalty ho or Laparoscopicly jb nikalty ho 1 din ka stay rehta hai hospital main. 1 din main mareez back to normal work hota hai. Wo ghr ja kr k, serhioyon sy charhta hai. Serhiyon par jaye, upper rahy, ghar k khanay bnaye, baheer ghumny jaye, hr roz piture dekhy, us py koi issue nai hai. Bht minimal unko btaya jata hai do’s and don’t’s. unka upper charhny main koi problem nai ati. Sirf halki phulki jo problem, sirf 2 chezain ki hm log btaty hain which Is hardly any issue. So patient is back to normal routine. Ap apny ffice dubara ja skty hain itni jaldi. Loss of working days is very less. To loss of working days jaisy e kam oty hain, aj kal apko pta hi hai, mostly ladies are working, most of the women are working today. Chahy wo ghr py, ghr ka bhi kam itna hota hai. Bachon k aj kal kitny kam hoty hain, us k ilawa office girls bht hoti hain. Jo k office ko bhi sambhalti hain or ghr ko bhi sambalti hain. Let me tell you hamary bht patients hain un ko kbhi ye problem nai I k hum uterus nikalny k bad hm ghr ka kam nai kar paye. Ya office ka kam nai kar paye. Hamary pas doctors aty hain. Dur dur sy aty hain, in fact patients are coming from dubai, London, America, Canada all over. Wo aty hain apna operation krwaty hain or 2 din k bad they are ready to go home. Because this surgery has really picked up so much k jb o dekhty hain k kitny aram sy ye kam ota hai to unko aisa koi hesitancy nai lagti. Un k roz mara ki zindagi main koi change nai ata. Unko minimalistic thory sy do’s and don’ts hoty hain which is hardly anything. And aam tor per jb hum uterus nikalty hain, jaisa k main apko dekhati hn. This is one uterus. Two tubes and two ovaries. Aj agr main uterus nikal rai hn, lady ka age hai 45, I will tell her definetly ovary tubes to ap nikal hi lijye. Ovaries jo hain, wo apko hormones deti hain. Hormones ek lady ko femerity bna k rakhti hai. Femariti sy ye bhi matlab hai, tubes ka koi aisa role nai hai per ovaries apko hormones dy k, hormones k karan apka skin, hair, heart, sb k upper us ka zor hai. So ovaries ko hum bina puchy bilkul nai nikalty. Us k lye permission lety hain tabhi nikali jati hai. Per agr uterus nikal ry hain to aam tor per hum tubes ko bhi nikal dety hain.
Thank you very much.
Breast cancer is one of the most feared diagnoses in women. When cancerous cells develop in a woman's breast, irregular lumps, changes in the shape or size of the breast and discharge of blood from the nipples may be experienced. There are lots of preventive measures that you can take to avoid breast cancer. It is important to live a healthy life with as less exposure to toxins as possible. Here are some tips and strategies that can lower your risk of breast cancer
- Plant based diet - Studies have shown that a high plant based diet, full of vegetables and fruits, is packed with antioxidants, minerals, and nutrients that lower the risk of breast cancer. Eat light, and avoid refined sugar and processed meat. Try to construct a healthy Mediterranean diet plan rich in olive oil and nuts.
- Maintain an appropriate weight - Do not gain extra weight as obesity and excessive weight gain are related to breast cancer. Cut down on fat and exercise regularly to lead an active life.
- Breastfeeding - If you are a new mom, breastfeed your baby as it has numerous health benefits for both you and your child, including lowering the chances of breast cancer in the mother.
- Sleep - It is important to get 8 hours of sleep every night to live a healthy life. Many studies have shown that a short duration of sleep and exposure to light at night that disrupts the circadian rhythm increases the risk of breast cancer.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol - Do not smoke as it increases the chances of cancer in other organs and also leads to toxin inclusion in the body. Also, be sure to drink in moderation as excess alcohol consumption is cancer causing offender.
- Artificial hormones - Women during Women during menopause often resort to hormone replacement therapy, and the extended use of this therapy can heighten the risk of breast cancer. Therefore, it is recommended to look for other options to smoothen your transition to the menopausal phase. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir, I got MRI scan four years back. In the said report that posterior disc bulge noted at L4-5 & L5-s1 causing indentation over thecal sac and bilateral neural foramina more at L4-5 and degenerative cervical intervertebral disc with posterior disc bulge from c3-4 to c5-6. Please suggest me.
Left paracentral L5-S1 disc protrusion causing compression of left traversing nerve roots associated with diffuse L1-L2 Disc bulge. Now what is best treatment for me.
1. Eat calcium-rich foods
In addition to dairy products, choose fish with bones such as salmon, sardines or whitebait. For additional benefits, serve them with a side of dark leafy green vegetables or broccoli. Almonds, dried figs, fortified tofu and soy milk are also calcium-rich choices, says registered dietitian laura jeffers, med, rd, ld.
2. Take calcium supplements
The u. S. Recommended daily allowance for calcium is 1, 000 mg a day during your 20s, 30s and 40s. But your need rises as you age. Check with your doctor before starting supplements to find out what amount is right for you. For example, after menopause, most women need 1000 to 1, 500 mg a day unless they take hormone therapy. Your body only absorbs 500 mg of calcium at a time, Ms. Jeffers notes, so spread your consumption out over the course of the day.
3. Add d to your day
To help absorb calcium, most adults need 1, 000 to 2, 000 iu of vitamin d daily, combined calcium-vitamin d pills usually do not meet this requirement. And most of us who live north of atlanta do not get enough vitamin d the old-fashioned way — from the sun. Taking a vitamin d supplement will ensure you meet your daily needs.
4. Start weight-bearing exercises
To boost your bone strength, try exercise that “loads” or compresses your bones, says exercise physiologist heather nettle, ma. “running, jogging, high-impact aerobics, repetitive stair climbing, dancing, tennis and basketball are best for building bones. But if you have osteopenia, osteoporosis or arthritis, try walking or using an elliptical or other machine,” she says. Be sure to clear any exercise plans with your doctor first.
5. Don’t smoke, and don’t drink excessively
Bad news for bad habits: loss of bone mineral density is associated with tobacco use and excessive alcohol consumption, Dr. Sikon says. If you smoke, look into a program to help you quit. If you drink, stick to no more than one libation a day, she advises.
6. Get your bone mineral density tested
Doctors can get a quick and painless “snapshot” of bone health using a simple x-ray test called dxa. This test measures bone mineral density and helps determine risks of osteoporosis and fracture. Dr. Sikon recommends testing for women within two years of menopause. Earlier tests are recommended for men and women with certain diseases and for those taking medications that increase risk, such as long-term steroid therapy.
Perimenopausal women may consider hormone therapy to increase waning estrogen levels, which are linked to bone loss. And women and men diagnosed with osteopenia or osteoporosis can take various medications to prevent dangerous hip and spine fractures.