Find numerous Sexologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Sexologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Sexologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. M A SiddiqYour feedback matters!
I am 31, was doing inter course 3-4 times a day and now no interest like before. Hardness goes down inside the vagina before discharging. Help me to make it hard like anything throughout.
I am 22 married. Am looking for contraceptive pills. Could you please suggest some good pills without any serious side effects.
Sir abhi kuch Dino pahla Mari sadi hui h , mugha sighra patan ki samasya h. Ma apni wife ka sath jayada time tak sex nahi kar pata. Sex time badhana ka liya mugha kya karna chahiya . Please tell me.
I am addicted to masturbation from 10 years around I do it on an average almost daily .i ate tobbaco also when I was about to intimate with my partner at the second time within an hiur my penis doest get hard. Whats the issue please suggest some remedy.
I am 23 years old male. Since fews days I have been feeling sudden pain on the side of scrotum. I can feel a kind of bulge over there which is painful. I am having slight fever since two days also. Does these thing relate to each other? What can be the cause of the bulge and its treatment? Do I need to seek any medical counseling?
Plz help me abot this when I am with my partner in happy times it doesn't more than 2 min it works for 10-12 min when I use viagra I am worried about it.
Hi, I am 28 year old. I got the problem with my pennis is Having smaller in size, I.e 4.5 inch. I need to get my pennis bigger, how to get the same. Kindly suggest.
Hello Sir. last year during gim particle I weared very lose underwear due to this my testis ball are loss. I think from this I have problem during sex what I have to do one time erection problem also. Please help.
I am 18 years old, generally I ll go to bed late nights and wake up late in mornings. There isn't any particular timings I follow to sleep. Does this effect my activeness in remaining time of my day? I want to stick with perfect sleep timings. IF I make a habit now does this disturb my internal clock cycle? Suggest me the best way to rest my biological cycle.
Can I use condoms daily to prevent pregnancy? Will it damage her vagina or my penis? Kindly let me know if there is any other effective way of avoiding pregnancy is without any side effects? Thanks.
Age 47 problem ED test reports shows 165 ng/dl testosterone doctor says use testosterone injections is it correct? Any side effects.
I am a diabetic and My penis foreskin is tight now. Before it was okay (earlier it was easily retractable)
Like many systems within the human body, the reproductive system is also a self maintaining one and performs many complex functions on its own. The female reproductive system is one such system and within it, the vagina is an especially good example. It is a self contained system wherein, the balance of the vaginal bacteria is maintained for proper health.
Douching is a process that involves the cleaning out or washing of an internal cavity of a body, such as the anus or the vagina with the help of water and special nozzles. Vaginal douching has become prevalent among women, mostly due to aggressive marketing campaigns which claim that it helps to keep the vagina clean. It is estimated that in developed nations, one in four women perform douching regularly.
Is it any good?
Vaginal douching has been reviled by most medical professionals around the world. The consensus is that not only does vaginal douching have no benefits; it may also be harmful for your vagina in general. The vagina is an ecosystem wherein multiple types of organisms thrive, including bacteria and fungi. These organisms keep each other in check and maintain the health of the organ. These organisms help maintain the pH Levels (the alkaline to acidic radio) within the vagina. Douching may actually disrupt the balance and cause harm by destroying one type of micro-organisms and letting the other proliferate, thus causing infections and other problems.
Problems caused by vaginal douching
Douches, especially the ones found in the market, contain elements such as iodine, baking soda, vinegar and other chemicals that can make the delicate vaginal balance go haywire. Some of the disorders that can be caused by it are mentioned as follows:
- Yeast infections: This is due to the proliferation of the fungi known as ‘candida’ within the vagina. This fungus is present within the vagina, but douching can reduce the bacteria that counteract it, resulting in rapid growth. This is one of the most common infections of the vagina.
- Bacterial vaginosis: Similar to how yeast infections occur, in this case, harmful bacteria proliferate within the vagina. This is also a common vaginal infection and douching has been deemed as one of the leading causes for it.
- Pelvic inflammatory diseases: Douching pushes the bacteria of the vaginal canal into the cervix and the uterus, resulting in infections such as PID or pelvic inflammatory diseases (an infection in the reproductive organ in females).
- Pregnancy related problems: A myth has been floating around that if a woman performs douching after sexual intercourse, it will wash away the sperm and hence prevent her from getting pregnant. In fact, the reverse is true. Douching can often push the sperm up into the uterus causing pregnancy. Not only that, pregnancies caused in such a manner have higher chances of bearing complications such as ectopic pregnancies (a condition wherein the fertilized egg gets implanted outside one’s uterus), birth defects, etc.
- Irritation and vaginal dryness: Douching at the very least will result in the vagina turning dry as the natural mechanisms are disrupted. This results in irritation and itching. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.