Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M.A.Ahmed Basha
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. M.A.Ahmed BashaYour feedback matters!
My knee bone has a swelling since past 4 years and it's not gone till now. It pains and I eat pain killer tablets.. Suggest me something please.
I have a pain in legs joint after walking some distance. What was a reason behind this any protein or calcium?
I am suffering from knee joint pain due to reduced cartilage. Can you suggest me suitable diet restrictions taking into regard of my medications for diabetes and bp.
I am 34 years old female I feel so depressed nowadays and not able to come out from the situations sometimes makes me feel and draw back feeling that I can't do anything in my life and unfit to live.
Lower back pain is a very common issue and can take place due to numerous reasons. However, one of its main causes is a ligament strain or back muscle strain. Microscopic tear or excessive stretching of ligaments can take place due to lifting very heavy objects, doing enormously strenuous task or due to a sudden twisted movement. These conditions are most likely to be experienced by individuals ranging between the ages of 30 and 60. Other causes of lower back pain include back injury, arthritis of back bone joints, infections in the lower back area, and in very rare cases, tumours.
In case of acute back pain, these are a few important things that should be definitely kept in mind.
- It is absolutely essential to take rest for a couple of days and avoid any sort of stressful activity. Although back pain is self-limiting, if you take proper care, it can be cured in a few days. However, if proper rest is not taken, the situation may become worse.
- Using the black belt, also known as lumbo sacral corset, is a good idea. This can actually be of enormous help to individuals who have been suffering from lower back pain for a long period of time.
- As already mentioned, one of the main causes of these kinds of mishaps are sudden jerky movements, twisted movements, heavy weight lifting etc. So, it is necessary to avoid such circumstances, or else, a more acute back pain situation may arise due to slipping of one of the discs from the spinal cord.
- As much as you like long drives and bike rides, these are a strict no. Any prolonged sitting or standing activity needs to be avoided. It is important that the tear caused in the muscles due to what-so-ever reason heals properly and prolonged stay in a tensed muscle position would definitely not help the cause.
- Although these back pains can be handled at home by following the discussed steps, using simple analgesics or muscle relaxants prescribed by the doctor can be a way to speed up the process of recovering the strained ligament.
Apart from these important steps, regular exercise to strengthen the core body muscles is a great way to avoid such ligament strains in the future. However, if you feel that even after following the precautionary measures, you problem doesn’t subside, consult an experienced doctor for his advice.
I am 25 year old boy. I feel I am suffering from diabetes. I have knee pain since 1 year. Two weeks letter my BLOOD SUGAR was 173 fasting. I am not feeling freshness every time. What should I do?
I had pain in my lower right abdomen in lower side. The pain is not constant. I feel pain when I bend towards front side. My height is 5.11 weight 93. Ultrasound show fatty liver. What should I do now>
RANSCUTANEOUS ELECTRICAL NERVE STIMULATION (TENS)
TENS is a type of pain relief that is centered around using small electrical currents to ‘ block out’ the nerves that are transmitting the feelings of pain you are experiencing. Instead of pain, you will feel more tolerable tingling sensations. Small pads are placed above or to either side of the area that is giving pain, and the results are felt straight away. TENS can be used to manage both acute and chronic pain but may not work for everyone.
For people with pacemakers, women in the first 3 months of pregnancy and people who operate heavy machinery, TENS is not an appropriate form of pain relief.If it is appropriate for you, your PHYSIOTHERAPISTcan refer you to a hospital physiotherapy department or a community physiotherapist who will be able to loan you a TENS machine for several weeks. If TENS is effective in reducing your pain, you may wish to buy your own machine
Pain transmission (or nociception) is the series of events that takes place in our bodies which allow us to feet and react to pain. It is very complex process.
WHEN PAIN HELPS US OUT
1. We are exposed to something that is painful (a painful stimulus). Forexample, we walk barefoot onto a hot sandy beach.
2. Specialized structures on the soles of our feet called pain receptorsdetect the painful stimulus.
3. The pain receptors send messages to the brain via the spinal cord (timeframe-fraction of a second).
4. The brain receives the pain message and interprets it ( time frame-fraction of a second).
5. The brain co-ordinates a response to the pain (e.g. get off the beach , run into the sea, put shoes on). Pain receptors are located throughout our bodies. Different types of pain receptor detect different types of stimuli (like temperature, pressure and chemicals).