Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Appendicitis
Treatment of Urine Stone
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LoganathanYour feedback matters!
Is tongue fissures can be healed? Will tongue become normal again? Is fissured tongue is a disease or symptom of another disease? Is fissured tongue a matter of concern?
I have good white face but last some month I have darkness and dark spot on face. So what can I do. Does aloe vera give me whiteness and good face please suggest.
HPV refers to Human Papillomavirus. This is a common virus, which has got more than 100 different types and over 40 of these types are transmitted sexually. This virus may cause cervical cancer and cases of genital warts. It is likely to occur in people who are sexually active to contract genital HPV, and it is not accompanied by any signs or symptoms. The virus is transmitted via skin to skin contact and is severely infectious in nature. Using condoms may reduce the risk of spreading of this virus, but is not always successful.
There are two major vaccines for HPV.
- Gardasil: This vaccine prevents the most common HPVs which are associated with genital and anal cancer, and also warts of both genital and anal type.
- Cervarix: This type of vaccine prevents HPV associated with the occurrence of cervical cancer.
Reasons for vaccination against HPV
HPV vaccines are recommended to girls between 11 and 12 years. It is also given to girls and women between the age of 13 and 26 years, who have never been vaccinated against HPC before. These vaccines should be given to females before they start being active sexually and get exposed to the HPV virus. Sexually active females benefit from these vaccines as well, but the effect is less.
Here are three reasons why you should vaccinate against HPV:
- All types of HPV vaccine help in the elimination of the viruses which cause cervical cancer. Viruses causing cancer in the vulva, vagina or anus are also targeted by these HPV vaccines. The HPV vaccines also protect against genital or anal warts. HPV vaccines work effectively in the prevention of cancers caused by HPC viruses and also curb the common health problems which are accompanied.
- The effect of HPV vaccines is quite long lasting in an individual who is vaccinated against HPV. Usually it lasts for ten years or more without having any related disorders or cancers. The protection does not weaken over time and remains stable.
- HPV vaccines are licensed by the FDA to be completely safe and efficient to use. Extensive studies have been carried out globally, and no safety concerns have ever arisen. The side effects of HPV vaccines are usually quite mild. However, a little amount of pain, dizziness and nausea are involved.
HPV vaccines are a series of effective vaccines, which prevent the occurrence of cervical cancer and other cancers which are sexually transmitted. They are generally given to women before getting sexually active to prevent transmission of HPV viruses. Some HPV vaccines are prescribed to males as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi I am a 20 year old guy. I have a black mark on the side of my nose it looks awkward when I asked my mom about that she told me that when I was a kid I had a disease called Amma. When I asked how to get rid of it some doctor in Lybrate suggested to use coconut malai application. Does it really helps me to get rid of it? If yes please let me know what's a Coconut Malai Application and how often should I use it. Thanks.
The black spot of pimples are on her face & her skin is oily skin what should she do for remove the black spot form face?
I am 22 year old female. I am having lots of dark spots on face and back. What to do to remove dark spots?
Mujhe three years pahele chicken pox hue the or MRE face par uske scars hai or deep hai dark hai me kya karo.
I am facing problem with dots on my face it looks like ugly so will any one suggest me what I have to do.
Dermatitis is a disorder where inflammation on the skin is caused. It is also known as eczema. Itchy, erythematous, vascular or crusting patches appear on the skin. Dermatitis denotes an acute condition, and eczema refers to a more chronic condition of the disease. Any form of dermatitis can be cured effectively using homeopathic medicines. Homeopathy helps in decreasing the severe itching associated with the disease and also the frequency of relapse.
Here are some primary homeopathic medicines, which are used in the treatment of Dermatitis:
- Sulphur: This is said to be the best homeopathic medicine for treating Atopic Dermatitis. Very effective results are obtained when sulphur is used to cure dermatitis. It is used mainly when the skin gets excessively dry and develops scales, accompanied by itching. The itching reaches its peak during the night and is followed by a heated sensation in the affected area. In cases where sulphur is used, the skin looks dirty and unhealthy. The patient also has an increased craving for sweets and tends to avoid bathing.
- Graphites: This medicine is the best natural remedy for Dermatitis which occurs in the folds of the skin. It may occur in the folds of the elbow, knee, behind the ear and neck. There may be rawness with the itching and eruptions occur in the skin folds. Glue-like discharge from the affected area is also indicated. Graphite also treats eczema on the face, nose, chin and the eyelids.
- Rhus Tox: This is an effective homeopathic medicine used in the treatment of dermatitis due to asthmatic disorders. Rhus Tox is used when the skin turns red in color, and the itching is severe. Fluid-filled eruptions appear on the skin. Scaling of the skin is also common among asthmatic patients who develop dermatitis. Rhus Tox is usually used for dermatitis, which happens during the monsoon.
- Mezereum: This is a very useful homeopathic medicine used for treatment of dermatitis where weeping eruptions appear on the scalp. The medicine is also used to cure oozing eruptions, which occur on the scalp. Mezereum is used when a thick scab is formed on the scalp which discharges thick pus. Ulcers and vesicles are likely to appear on the scalp.
- Natrum Mur: It is used in cases of dermatitis where dry eruptions occur along the hairline, or in the margin of the scalp. Crusting takes place along the hairline as well. The patient develops an extra craving for salty food.
Homeopathy is a very effective form of medicine used for the treatment of dermatitis and there are homeopathic remedies for all types of dermatitis conditions. Not just the symptoms but the entire disease is cured from its roots using homeopathy.
What is the cure for white patches on skin for 33 years male ? how it can be prevented for further expansion?
I am looking too dull and ugly. I want to look fair and handsome .Is U-B FAIR cream is best or vicco turmeric.
Sir my skin feels hot whole the day but checked my temperature but I have no fever. But it feels like I have fever. I have checked all of my tests like blood test but its all normal. What should I do please sir help me.
I used to go many times out in the day and due to it my skin has became dark. What should I do to make it fair?
I am 23 years old, My skin is oily, I have pimples and have many black scars on my face. How can I remove my black scars quickly?
i am 25 years old, I smoke from last 5 years. My skin is so rough, and its look like very aged. How can I cure this. And how I stop my smoke habit.
Sir, I have sun tan over the forehead and my suggest me try cream containing hydroquinone 2%+ Tretinoin + mometasone along with sunscreen lotion .will it be helpful ? Will it cause side effect?
It is that most wrinkles are caused by the sun and only a small part is caused by the skin aging. Getting wrinkles is also affected by the habits we have. Habits indeed play a vital role in the same.
Sun protection is the most important thing one must to if you want to fight wrinkles. The UV rays are responsible for the breakage of the structure of the skin. The basic structure of the skin is broken layer by layer starting from collagen, elastin and the epidermis thereby giving rise to wrinkles. Some people have are prone to UV damage genetically and it is because of the ethnicity and the skin pigments.
A given ethnic skin might vary how the structural damage occurs when UV exposure is given. The wrinkles from the sun and those by aging can be easily distinguished. The skin in the under surface of the arm which is mostly sun protected is different from the skin in the upper arm. Also, skin of the breast is different from the V of the chest which is exposed to the sun.
Here are 5 wrinkle forming habits you need to ditch:
- Not using sunscreen: One cannot escape the sun and the only way to do it and enjoy the sun is to wear sunscreen. It should be applied daily especially on the face where the skin is thin and delicate.
- Squinting: Squinting in the sun is a bad idea and this usually happens when you are not wearing glasses. Next time before stepping out in the sun make sure to wear the glasses as they protect the eyes and will not cause furrow between the brow and the crow's feet.
- Not moisturizing enough: If a good moisturizer is not used then it leads to crinkles in the skin which are wrinkles deep under the skin. Crinkles can be reversed if a moisturizer is used followed with exfoliation of the dead cells. Start moisturizing as all skin types from dry to oily need it.
- Smoking: This is bad not only for health, but also for the skin. Tobacco and other chemicals in cigarettes can lead to damage of the skin's fiber and elastin. Smoking also restricts the blood flow, thereby making it difficult for the oxygen and nutrients to stay in the skin.
- Pursing the lips: Regular sipping drinks through straws, cigarettes and sour expressions can all lead to wrinkling around mouth. Even though it is a gradual process, it is going to leave a mark. Say bye to pursing of the lips to get rid of unnecessary wrinkling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.