Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. Linu DanielYour feedback matters!
My 3 years son is badly suffering from Stammering. He is not able to pronounce words clearly. I feel very upset to see my little ones suffering. Please suggest for the treatment. Note: I am his father, 30 years old, also suffering from stammering since my childhood. I won't face much problem in communicating with people around me.
I am married and keep on falling in love with girls or women who are already engaged or married. I. worse, I express my feelings to them and lose their friendship aldo. Presently I am involved with my wife's niece who knows it. I don't want to lose her friendship. Her every thought makes me weak and drained out emotionally and spiritually. Can we be friends again? Can I help myself come out of this dilemma?
I am 40 years Bt feels very week tired lack of concentration. Which food can give me strength and build my physique.
My exam is very soon so feeling depressed. Tall me about some important and easy things to do for felling good.
I am 32 years old working as lecturer but still I feel very depressed because my husband is not earning enough wat shall I do to be energetic so that my kids will be happy.
How To free Mind From Stress. If I hav Very Minor prblm in Life. Till my Mind become stressful For That minor problem wat to do.
I forget even name of any one who told his/ her name after few minutes means I can not remember the names of any thing without much practice day what is the reason behind it please doctor tell me I want to know about this is any serious problem with me what I do to overcome with these even I take proper 7 to 8 hrs daily sleep and diet also then why it happened with me please give me advise what I do I am 25 year old. I am waiting for response.
Since I broke up with my girlfriend, im getting nightmares about her daily. Im in no depression of my breakup. Its been a week when I wake up from my sleep late night and check my phone. Is this serious? Will it cause me health problems?
I want to make my fitness better. I am job doing person and have stress regarding my work, so I want to b fit and want to have sharpness mind. Any suggestions.
I am suffering from depression hw can I come out from this disease. I am taking medicine fr last 5 years bt nt getting relief.
Hello respected doctors, I am on B.P tablet Met xl 12.5, I constantly feel fatigue low mood, life is not much enjoyable, apart from it, I am facing difficulty to talk and understand/concentrate, I am sleeping for 14- fifteen hours a day still feel drowsy Maybe because I am on nexito10 tab which I take at 9pm, talking difficulties like slur speech eye pain on inner part of eye I feel heavy head, feeling like brain is blocked and it expands or beats like heart And during this eye pain starts and mostly when I am stressed or very much tensed/worried I feel there is a pressure on my brain and eyes, I am unable to remember/recollect things. Do I require a Brain Scan? whom can help me psychiatrist or neurologist or both I need to consult?
I smoke since 9 years which I am trying to quit badly from past one year. I am failing to control my cravings for it. Could you please assist me in quitting completely. Is there any measures to be taken?
Hi I am suffering with depression, anxiety, ocd, from last 2 years and taking stalopam 10 mg, clonazepam, cyclotin, megrafix. From last 3 days I am having too much pain in my complete head, specially area of cerebral cortex. When I take head massage with navratan oil through fingers , I feel good for sometimes and again after sometimes when oil dry feeling same problem in head. Pain and headache. Please guide me which area of doctor you recommend (Neuro, physcriatist or simple physician. please reply fact.
My name is sandeep I suffering from depression I tried some medicine please suggest me some effective medicines.
I am a 27 years healthy male. Finding hard to recollect well known things/names. I am healthy and does not drink, smoke or use drugs. I had good concentrating power. I can just read technical book with one reading and read lot of articles. Is this memory loss, something I need to worry about?
Panic disorder is a condition that strikes without reason or caution and can be serious. Indications of panic disorder usually include sudden attacks of panic and anxiety, in addition to physical side effects, such as sweating and a pounding heart. During a fit of panic, the reaction is based on the circumstances, which may not be threatening in general, but triggers a feeling of panic. After some time, a person with a panic disorder builds up a consistent fear of having another fit of anxiety, which can influence the every day functioning and lifestyle in general. Panic disorder usually occurs alongside other conditions like depression, liquor abuse, or drug abuse.
You might experience the ill effects of a panic disorder if you:
- Encounter frequent, unforeseen fits of anxiety that are not attached to a particular circumstance or event
- Stress over having another fit of anxiety
- Are trying to avoid the places of your precious panic attacks
The most common symptoms of a panic disorder are as follows:
- Trouble relaxing and feeling uneasy most of the time
- Beating heart or abdominal pain with a feeling of nervousness
- Serious irrational and emotional fear
- Feeling as if you are out of breath
- Feeling as if you are being choked or smothered
- Dizzy spells
- Trembling or shaking
- Sweating constantly
- Feeling nauseous or having a stomach ache
- Shivering or numbness in the fingers and toes
- Sudden chills or hot flashes
- A fear that you are losing control or are about to die
While a single panic attack may just last a couple of minutes, the impact of the experience can leave a long lasting impression and make you susceptible to more such attacks. In case you have this issue, the repetitive fits of panic take an emotional toll. The memory of the fear that you felt during these attacks can affect your self-confidence and cause interruption to your regular day-to-day existence. In the end, this prompts to the following panic disorder effects:
- Expectant uneasiness: Instead of feeling like yourself in the middle of panic attacks, you feel tensed and on edge. This uneasiness originates from a dread of having future attacks of anxiety. This fear is seen more often than not, and can be extremely disabling at times.
- Phobic avoidance: You start to stay away from specific circumstances or situations. This might happen since you are maintaining a strategic distance because of your previous panic attack. On the other hand, you may stay away from areas where escape would be troublesome or help would be inaccessible in case you had a fit of panic.
- Medicines: Medicines can be used to control or decrease a majority of the side effects of panic disorder. Even if medicines do not form a part of the main treatment, when combined with other treatments, medicines are very effective. Eg. therapy and lifestyle changes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.