Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Linu DanielYour feedback matters!
I am feeling so depressed. Before some days I brk up with my bf. He was ego problem. Always he insulted me. He tried to make me down. And while we were in a hlthy relationship, I lst the connections with all of my friends. I am 21 years old. As my exm has ended. I have nothing to do. I don't have account in Facebook and whatsapp as I could talk with friends. I am feeling too down. Sometimes I feel lyk I am good for nothing. Please give a suggestion. How can I get rid of this condition.
I love a guy but he denies to been in relationship with me. And see other gals and say that he wants to marry dat girl. I feel mental distress .pls help.
Depression is a mental state which is not easily identified in its early stages; it is evident only when the symptoms become obvious. You may overlook it as a passing phase, and assume it to be normal. The people around you may also get used to the symptoms and accommodate accordingly. This can make the identification of depression even more complicated. Homeopathic treatments are entirely natural and do not carry any side effects. They are holistic treatments that get rid of the cause instead of just treating the symptoms of depression. The various homeopathic remedies for depression are:
- For anxiety related depression: Aconite is a homeopathic remedy that is used in the treatment of anxiety. The symptoms that it is used to treat are the ones, which occur suddenly and make you extremely pessimistic. For acute panic attacks, this medicine is very effective. Some other medicines that are also used to treat anxiety are Argentum Nitricum and Arsenic album.
- For depression in teenagers: Kali phos is a very effective homeopathic remedy for treating depression in teenagers, the causes of which are usually hormonal changes and high levels of stress. In some cases, depression may also be triggered by genetic factors. Ignatia is also used to treat depression in teenagers.
- Stress related depression: Kali phos is used to treat stress-related depression. It also helps in treating fatigue with homeopathy.
- Insomnia that results from depression: To remedy insomnia resulting from depression, you can opt for Kali Phos and Coffea Cruda.
- Severe depression: If the symptoms of depression are very severe and include suicidal tendencies, Aurum Metallicum may be recommended.
- Depression resulting from menopause: It is common for a woman to undergo a phase(s) of depression during menopause. The homeopathic remedies that are used in the treatment of this condition are Lachesis and sepia.
- Seasonal affective disorder: This type of disorder usually occurs during the winter season. The treatment for this disorder is prescribed after a proper diagnosis of the symptoms. Ignatia is a remedy that is usually recommended.
What are the symptoms of depression in the life stage in 20 to 30 age group And how to overcome change in life style.
My father is 53 years old. He is facing an issue of getting unconscious due to which he falls. He is on continuous medications from past 8-9 years. He has gone through so many tests but every report states the result as normal. We are not able to figure out an exact reason due to which he is facing this issue. I would like to have the guidance where to take him for a better treatment and what can be the possible reasons behind such sort of issues.
I have seen my love every day but he didn't talk properly so I every day get depressed what I do give me a session.
Hi I am 28 year old male. I am software engineer. I think I am in depression because of my wife behavior. Please help me to save my life…We have been married more than 5 years now. My wife is good, however she is short tempered. Sometime she does’t even hesitate to scream at me or at my parents or at her parents or at our kid even in a party or a public place. I and her parents tried a lot to talk to her but all gone waste. Most of the time, the main reason of her screaming is any external intervention. For example she has her own way to do everything however if you try to show her a better way then she gets angry and it take her almost 2-3 days to behave normal. I really need a practical advice to handle this situation. Some time I am feeling of sadness, lack of concentration, slowness in activity and thought, or thoughts of suicide without any reason.
I have a small family (spouse with 2 kids. My kids are school going. I have completed 13 years of my married life. So far, I lived along with my parents but now I have separated from my parents due to my spouse's issues. Upto 2008 there is no issue in my joint family, after that I have faced so many problems due to my mother- in- law. From there I have a issues day by day. After so many struggling with my wife I have take this separation. Still now, I can't understood I have did the right decision or not? My wife is not willing to live with my parents. She is not allowing my kids also to go to my parents. If I go to see my parents once in a week that is also not acceptance by my wife. My parents are eagerly want to see my kids. But she is not allowing. They are crying day by day. In this situation what I have to do? My kids are just 6 to 8 years old. If I got angered with my spouse it will affect my kids. Some times I think about my divorce also. In this situation, what I have to do? Please give me suggestion or any solution for this problem? Due to this problem, i'm not able to concentrate in my official work. From 2008 to 2015 I have changed 5 companies in 7 years. Please help me in this regards.
From last 1 year I'm facing some slurring of speech in pronouncing words with 's'.Earlier I had never an issue and I had very clear diction. I'm afraid that it may be due to thyroid (hypothyroidism) issues which I have for some time. My latest thyroid report shows TSH - 8.1, T3 and T4 are in normal range. In my previous reports from last 4 years TSH has been in range of 5-6 .T3 and T4 in normal range though towards lower scale. 4 years before I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and since then I am on hypertension medication .I take Telma-h 40 mg and my BP is now in control. I also had moderately high cholesterol earlier and I also take LILO - 10 mg. My latest lipid profile is normal except HDL - 36 (range 40 - 60) which is slightly borderline. TSH has also been slightly higher since my diagnosis 4 years earlier but I have never taken its medication coz it was never very high and T3, T4 were normal. Can speech slurring be thyroid related issue and I should consult?
Getting Hallucinations is a mental condition where a person sees, feels, hears, and tastes things that actually don't exist beyond one's heightened imagination or delusion. It involves the experience of perceiving something not present. Hallucinations can be pleasing or frightening. However, there is almost always an identifiable cause behind it.
They can be triggered by:
- Taking hallucinogenic or psychotropic substances
- Mental conditions like dementia and schizophrenia
- Neurological conditions like Alzheimer's disease or Parkinson's disease
- Macular degeneration, leading to loss of vision
- Migraines and brain tumor can also lead to such delusions
Some of the signs of hallucinations:
- Hearing voices: The medical term for hearing voices is called an 'auditory hallucination'. A person may sense sounds or noises coming from inside or outside of their mind. The noise might be random or disrupting. One might also feel the voices talking to each other or trying to tell them something. Most of the times, these voices come from inside the person's mind; or in some cases, one's heightened perception may make a normal noise delusional.
- Seeing things: This is also called visual hallucinations. For instance, one may see unnatural things like a floating chair in thin air. It all depends on a person's perception. Sometimes these hallucinations appear as bright flashy spots or rays of light.
- False sense of taste and smell: Technically these are known as gustatory and olfactory hallucinations respectively. One may feel a kind of odor coming from one's body or surrounding; or a person might feel that something he/she is drinking or eating has an odd taste. This is again heightened mal-perception causing delusional sensory activities.
- Tactile hallucinations: This is when a person feels things that don't exist. One may feel that he/she is being touched or tickled even when no one else is around or that insects are crawling beneath the skin. One may experience strange sensations, which are not a part of a reality. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.