Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Linu Daniel
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Linu DanielYour feedback matters!
Dr. I am a ca ipcc student and needs more time to study but when I am going to study I feel very low and feels my energy level very low. I gets tired without doing any hard work That's why I can not study too much please tell me any ayurvedic medicine available in market for boosting my energy level and faster brain work.
Hi I am 17 and I feel very stressed. Suicidal thoughts come into my mind and I tried very hard to resist them but I did a big mistake because of it. I cut my arm. At that moment I felt a bit relieved but then pain and stress was back so I tried some anti-anxiety pills nothing happened then also. I don't know what is happening to me. I feel like I'm gonna die or like someone is choking me. I cry and cry. I don't feel good at all. I tried to tell my parents but they are not bothered about me and they do not get what I am trying to say. They are not willing to take me to the doctor. I want to feel better for once inna very long time but I keep hurting myself. My brain has completely shut down for positive thoughts. All I think is negative. I don't know how to help myself now. Those anti anxiety pills I mentioned above is Alprax, I have them without any doctors prescription. Should I continue to take them? Because it makes me stop thinking for a while but I don't know how many I should take in 1 day. Please help me. I cannot do this anymore I am tired of myself.
I am 30 year old female. Have got job in night shift. Can you tell some remedies to take good care of my health n ways to prevent depression.
Hello doctor, I want to ask some time i get blanked, at that time I try to remember something but I can't at that time my ability of thing and memorizing get reduced I can't speak properly, I am facing this from 8 months i'm very much worried about this please help me out to get rid of this?
I am 47 kg, 165 cm height, recently have some signs of depression, I am planning to join Gym. Is it ok, and helpful for my body and brain. Pls suggest. People around me are telling that Gym is not for me. Please suggest clearly.
I am not able to sleep well from many years and I am very weak, lazy and not able to concentrate and forgotten even friends names, what shall I do? Please advise.
I am having hiatal hernia problem. I get lots of burps and frequent heart burns due to it. I sometimes feel pain and heaviness on left side of my chest. I am a bit worried about it. I cannot sustain too much mental stress. Kindly help.
My age is 21. I am 5.2 height .From last 4 days I am getting urine in pink colour. Is it natural or disease. I do not have any bad habits like smoking, drinking, tobacco etc. I do not have any pain .
Hello sir may pichle 7 salse depression may hoon sir meri skin dark hain isliye mujhe 7 salse sharam ati hai sir please give me answer.
Im 21years old I hve pcod and using cycloset syrup. I did not take syrup regularly bcz I forgot every time. I did nt get my period since 3months. What should I do to get period suggest me medicine to get period with in 1week Thnq.
I am 52 years old. I have problem in my job. On duty I am becoming in tension that I cannot do my job responsibly. I get fear to face problem. I have lose my confidence.
The mind is a very intricate organ and controls the entire body functioning with great precision. Any small change in its wiring would mean changes in the way a person functions, including changes of emotions and feelings.
There is a group of personality disorders known as “cluster A” personality disorders. One of the most common forms in this is a paranoid personality disorder, also known as PPD. The onset of the problem is in early adulthood and men are more likely to have this condition as compared to females. People with paranoid personality disorder are very odd or have eccentric ways of thinking. The most common way of thinking is suspicion with no reason to do so.
- They are always on watch or guard and believe that others are out to harm or demean them.
- Their belief and distrust are often unfounded, and they find it very difficult to form close relationships, either at work or at home.
- There is always a doubt in terms of other people’s commitment and trust, and believe that others are out to use them and often end up deceiving them
- Find it very difficult to confide in people, and think the information they tell others may be used against them.
- They are always known to hold grudges from past experiences and find it very difficult to forgive others
- They are not open to criticism and are extremely sensitive to what others think of them or tell them
- Try to read between the lines and interpret more than the obvious
- They are very quick to retaliate and think others are constantly attacking what they say and/or do
- There is a constant thread of suspicion especially of their spouses or partners, which would be completely unfounded, and add unwanted strain on the relationships
- Refrain from forming close relationships and keep some distance even in close relationships. They are generally cold and can be jealous and controlling of their near and dear ones
- Firmly believe that their thoughts and words and actions are always right and do not believe in conflict resolution. They are usually argumentative, hostile, and stubborn
- They always present as tense and cannot relax very easily
Causes: There is usually a past history of emotional or physical abuse, which is unresolved, leading to these symptoms. Hypnosis, which is often used to diagnose the condition, is very helpful in identifying the cause.
Diagnosis: There are specific assessment tools and questionnaires which are useful in confirming the diagnosis.
Management: Psychotherapy where the person is taught to manage the above feelings and taught to communicate and cope with others. This is often combined with antidepressants, benzodiazepines, and antipsychotics.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Do psychosis medicines causes loss of memory, forgetness,unable to concentrate and laziness all the time because I am taking these medicines since 4 years daily.
Relationships are either delicate or strong, depending upon the bonding you share with your partner. The bonding depends on various factors. Some of the most essential ones being emotional attachment, friendliness, sense of ease, mental compatibility and a feeling of sustained emotional support from the relationship. This is applicable to all relationships; be it a relationship with your spouse, a parental relation with your children, a relationship with your friends, relatives, etc.
However, it is a common factor that every relationship requires a definite level of friendship, understanding and trust to sustain. However, sometimes you may find eventual signs of distance or detachment, which could be signals of potential violence in the relationship.
- Sense of complete possession: This is a vital factor that intricately works behind initiating violence in relationships. Possessiveness is a form of extreme emotional condition. A sense of possessiveness lies in every relation. However, over possessiveness leads you to restrict your loved one to share his love with anyone else. It can even be severe when you may even dislike your loved one talking to anyone else. Therefore, it may lead to eventual abuse or violence in the relationship.
- Distrust: Trust and belief are essential elements in any relation. If you tend to lose trust on someone, you can hardly be normal in the relationship. Disbelief results in doubt and continued doubt and resistance lead you to react violently. If you constantly disbelief a person, you are ought to react out of your general personality sometime.
- Abuse: Use of abusive language may be a strong indication of emerging distance in a relation. A person indulges in using abusive language out of anger and frustration, both of which could be major signals of potential violence in the near future. Both abusive language and physical violence are considered as forms of violence. Therefore, initial signs of abuses should be considered immediately.
- Dominance: In every relationship where two persons are involved, you will usually find any one of them to be dominant. However, that is acceptable until the dominance is within a certain limit. However, if it crosses the limits of patience and acceptability, it may sometimes result in violence.
- Short temper Attitude: If any one of the involved persons in the relationship is short tempered, it will definitely be a lead reason of miscommunication or insufficient communication. Short tempered individuals are mostly characterised with low patience. If you do not have patience, you can never offer understanding. And above that, short-tempered attitude can be an additional disadvantage. These types of individuals fail to control their anxiety and can often be violent in relationships. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.