Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LibbyYour feedback matters!
I have upper lip extension problem, means my upper lip size is small, so my mouth is always stay open and my tooth looks directly so, what I should do?
I have pain in lower front four teeth. One tooth is gone black and three others are also paining. I have already consulted a Doctor and scan Who said that the teeth are going damaged condition. He said for operation. What ll I do.
Hello sir. I am an 34 years male. Since last few month I am having mouth infection. Mouth get radish ang can not eat salty and spicy food. When I take becasules for 2 days it lists but after few days it again come. My stool is also not passing properly. It passes once in 36 hrs. Please suggest.
My Mom is 48 years now and she is diabetic. She is suffering from severe tooth ache and is deprived of sleep every night. We have visited many dentists and all of them are scared to operate on her tooth due to her diabetic condition. Can you please provide a solution to this problem. Thank you.
Mera ek daat (teeth) bich me se hole ho gya, me uss teeth ko fill karna chahta hu, kitna fees parega?
I am using betel leaf with betel nuts and lime ,no tobacco ,how can i get the stains in between the teeth and behind the teen removed ,with out going to doctor or hospital as i feel ashamed to show my teeth .Dont tell to stop eating the same.
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"