Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Leo JeevasYour feedback matters!
So much hair fall because of dandruff I tried so many oils and shampoo but results still the same. please suggest me oil and shampoo for this And how can I know my hair is either oily or dry.
Plasic Surgical Alternatives For Burns & other wounds: The branch of plastic surgery that deals with treatment of burns and other wounds is known as reconstructive plastic surgery. There are numerous surgical conditions that fall under this category. What are medical issues caused by burns and wounds?
Some of the most frequent problems that are caused by burns and similar wounds are as follows:
- Restriction of mobility
- Aesthetic disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of sensation in the affected area
The different issues are caused by varying kinds of burns and injuries and, hence, each case must be approached in a different manner for remedy.
Different kinds of plastic surgeries that are used for treatment
Depending on the nature of the injury, your plastic surgeon may opt for any of the following surgical methods for treating the problem.
- Skin Grafting: In this procedure, partial layer of skin is removed from one part of the body and transplanted to the affected area. This method is used for the treatment of burns. This is called as split-thickness graft.
- Skin Flap: In this method of reconstruction, entire dermis & subcutaneous tissue are used with its own blood supply. Skin flaps are occasionally used for breast and nose reconstruction.
- Microsurgery: This type of surgery makes the use of a microscope in reconstructive procedures for working on minuscule veins, arteries, and nerves for repairing damaged areas. Microsurgery is often used alongside other surgical procedures for re-attaching amputated body parts like fingers, hand, foot, leg , scalp ,etc treating paralysis of the face and in the reconstruction of breasts, etc.
- Tissue Expansion: This method is used to induce growth of extra skin on the body that can be used for reconstructive purposes. This is done by inserting a balloon expander underneath the skin that slowly gets filled with saline solution and makes the skin stretch & expand. This excess generated skin is then used for correction or reconstruction of the affected area.
- Free Flap Procedure: This microsurgery procedure involves the transfer of skin, bone, muscle along with blood vessels from the donor area to the damaged area for repairing purposes. This is used most frequently for breast reconstruction or after the removal of cancer from the face & neck. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.