Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Leo JeevasYour feedback matters!
I had black spots on my face they are getting too worse. I don't know what to do ? Please suggest me a advice.
Hello sir, my daughter is 16 years old she is getting acne on her face and it was getting black spots too due to this her face is looking very bad kindly give me your suggestion.
Hi doctor, Pimples or acnes are coming on my face from the past 3 or 4 years. It is still continuing but it is not intense as before but now what's the problem with me is that my face is rough and uneven (like tarred road as my friends says) is there any possible treatment to reduce the unevenness on my face, if yes how much will it cost?
I am only 17 years old and I am having hairs problems, most of my hairs become grey and I have tried everything to stop it by nothing happened. Please tell me what to do?
Dear sir/madam, I am 24 years old male. I have hair fall from last 1 yr. More than 100-150 hair falls for every head bath. I am applying ginger, onion, radish, amla, garlic and honey mixed as a paste and apply all these mixture to head before taking head bath for 1 hour. Does these paste help me in stopping hair fall and grow new hair on my scalp. I have heard that all these are good for hair so I made a mixture and applying. Does these process helps me? Please suggest. Thanks in advance.
How to get rid of stretch marks caused due to getting fat at once or becoming thin suddenly. please suggest.
I am 24 years old male and having trouble with grey hair and lot of hair fall. How to get rid of grey hair and hair fall?
I have a problem of pimples in my face since last 4 years and presently there is some ka ka and open pores problem faced by me on my face. Plse tell me what I do.
Dear Doctor, My daughter is suffering from keloid on earlobe due to piercing. She has undergone 3 surgeries but it is reoccurring .I have heard about cryotherapy as a cure. Pls advice if you have successfully treated a keloid with this treatment. Pls suggest and adviceRegards.
Some people use the same soap for a lifetime not because they are loyal to the soap brand, but because they fear the reaction their skin would have to other soaps. Similarly, people across the world often see rashes erupt after using a new perfume, cosmetics, jewellery or after coming in contact with plants, such as poison ivy or poison oak. This condition is known as Contact Dermatitis. This can be described as skin condition where the skin is inflamed, red and itchy as a result of exposure to a foreign substance.
Most cases of contact dermatitis are not serious, but can be quite unpleasant. There are three types of contact dermatitis. These are:
- Allergic Contact Dermatitis: This condition occurs when the skin is exposed to an irritant it may be allergic to. Common triggers are jewellery, perfumes and latex.
- Irritant Contact Dermatitis: This is the most common form of this skin condition. This condition is triggered by toxic materials, such as bleach, battery acid, detergents, drain cleaners and kerosene. It is also known as hand eczema as it often occurs as a reaction to soaps or over exposure to water.
- Photo Contact Dermatitis: This is the rarest form of contact dermatitis. It occurs when the active ingredients in sunscreen are exposed to sunlight.
Inflamed skin is one of the first symptoms of contact dermatitis. Some of the other symptoms are:
- Dry, flaky skin
- Redness of the skin
- Blisters that may be dry or oozing
- Burning sensation on the skin
- Sun sensitivity
Contact Dermatitis on its own rarely requires anything more than medication. Most cases often subside on their own. Avoid scratching the infected skin as it can make the condition worse. Wash the affected area as often as possible with cool water and soap. Over the counter anti itch treatment like calamine lotion and hydrocortisone cream can help ease the itchiness and inflammation. An anti histamine drug could also be beneficial. If the rash covers a large expanse of skin, consult a doctor who may prescribe a stronger steroid cream.
With contact dermatitis, prevention is better than cure. Three easy tips to follow to protect yourselves against the skin condition are:
- Only use those products that are labeled hypoallergenic or unscented.
- Use vinyl gloves instead of latex gloves
- Cover all exposed skin when working outdoors, hiking etc.
I am suffering from pimple problem on my back and its, scars for the last 2 and half years, please help to get rid of scars.
Hair fall has become very common for everyone now. The reason can range from environmental factors to biological ones. Being aware of the causes is the first step in preventing serious hair fall. Following are the ways to deal with it:
- Get to the root of the cause: The most common reason for hair loss in both men and women is androgenetic alopecia, also called pattern baldness. The most common occurrence happens around menopause. The other causes can be side effects of brief illness, stress and reaction to drugs. Once you catch the cause, the course of treatment can chart an effective path.
- Improve your diet: Eating iron rich food with a copious quantity of protein and zinc can also work wonders to internally strengthen your hair. Pumpkin seeds, eggs, shellfish, wheat germ are some of the items you can include in your daily diet to improve your hair quality.
- Wash it right: Detangle your hair fully and slowly before you get into the shower. That way it won't get tangled and messy when wet. Next, use cold water to wash your hair. If the water is too hot, it may dry your hair and add to your woes. The most important step here is to use the right products for your hair wash. Use a mild shampoo as much as possible and take time out to deep condition your hair. Be sure to use products that you have tried and tested before only. Last but not the least, use a hair serum after your wash to strengthen it and prevent breakage. Refrain from combing wet hair.
- Try medication: There are several medicines out there that promise to revitalize your locks and enhance new hair growth. These include massage oils, scalp creams and oral pills all of which can be taken individually or in combination to promote hair growth. Be sure to consult a doctor before you start on this.
- Hairstyle with care: Women can start with the simple hairstyling trick of adding layers which gives a sense of volume and bounce. Couple it with large curls and you have a perfect illusion of lush healthy hair. But limit the parlor to only haircuts. Avoid the blow dry or colouring, straightening or ironing that can cause further damage. If you are losing sleep over losing your hair, it's time you consult a professional.