Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LeelavathiYour feedback matters!
I am not feeling well since last week. I am also feeling dizziness and unconsciousness. Feeling headache and stomach ache.what can be done
Hello doctor, in 8th month of pregnancy for constipation which medicine is useful in a tablet form .Please tell.
Sometimes I have pain in my mouth under my tongue and I do not know what to do at that time I have eaten pain killers but it does not respond good. What should I do?
I am facing sleeping problem from past two days. I am also facing severe headache and back pain. Is their anyone who could suggest me cut my problem.
I have pain for head in last one week. So, I have a very serious problem please advice for these critical problem.
I am 19 year old. I think due to my eyes I'm suffering from headache regularly but doctor says my eyes are normal. When I wash my face I feel relax from headache. What should I do to cure this headache?
Hello sir, I am ravindra, I am 23 years old and my height is 6 feet but my penis is very small (normal: 1.5 inch, erect: 4 inch, but my penises are very long and massive than my penis, they are critising me, they said my penis is like a five years boy penis, I feel frustrated, I am not even to live, please help me to increase my penis.
Sir, I am 44 years old. I am suffering from GERD (Gastro Esophageal Reflex disease) for the past 6 years. I consulted various Gastroenterologist in Puducherry as well as Chennai. Endoscopy was done in twice resulting with Gastritis. Doctors recommended pantoprazole / Rabroprozole tablets in various forms and advised to take life long medicines otherwise recommended for laparoscopy surgery in Esophagus tract. Even continue medication as advised I didn't get remedy till date. Please advise medications in Siddha / Ayurveda.
World Alzheimer’s Day is celebrated on the 21st of September each year. A number of organizations, from all over the world concentrate on raising the awareness about Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Alzheimer’s disease is a very common type of dementia. It falls under the group of disorders in which mental functioning gets impaired. Life for an Alzheimer’s patients is quite difficult, but by following the following tips, you can support yourself and will also help you to cope with it.
- You have to accept the changes and accept that life will continue getting difficult. Instead of trying to cover your difficulties for protection from embarrassment, you should face the fact. You also have to accept the changes in your physical abilities and adapt to skills, which are beneficial.
- You should develop some ideal coping strategies. Try to be occupied and involved and respond to the challenges you face in everyday life. By practicing the coping skills you will be able to gain a sense of control in your life.
- Try to identify stuff. Make a list of all the tasks which seem challenging to you and try to develop coping strategies for these tasks. Prioritize your tasks and determine whether it is really necessary to overcome certain tasks. You should also strategize solutions and come up with solutions which would suit you best.
- You should set realistic goals and expectations for yourself and use the coping skills to deal with difficult tasks. In case of very challenging tasks, do not hesitate to take help.
- A daily routine or plan is required for keeping a track of several tasks. A schedule reduces the amount of time you spend to figure out something, simplifying your task and also prevents mistakes.
- Always approach one task at a time and take enough time to complete tasks. Do not give up on challenging tasks and take breaks to figure things out.
- Always remember that you have more than a single chance to solve problems. If one chance fails, you should adopt new strategies and try again and again with better assessment.
- You should identify the triggers which cause anxiety and stress. Knowing the causes will allow you to plan in advance so that you can prevent them.
- Keep in mind that your family, friends, pets, will power and prayers are sources of great strength and will help you get past any obstacle.
- You should accept help from others and do not hesitate or think about being dependent on others.
You should take the advice from your psychiatrist or from Alzheimer Association National Early-Stage Advisors in order to understand the challenges such as medications, management of schedules and dealing with emotional or relationship changes.
Hello sir I feel very tire in my daily routine and I have sex In a week two time so please guide how can be energetic and strong and how can I free from this addiction.
I have problem in sleeping at night, in a night sleep my eyes open nd I wakeup several time 4-5 times, because of I feel uncomfortable in morning and my eyes gone more inside.
I am 24. My penis foreskin is attached to head of penis. The connection has not gone yet. I can masturbate properly too. So will there be a problem for me in future ? More over is there any non operational treatments for this ?
Doctors used to think this STD threatened only women. Then the men started dying.
The culprit: Human papillomavirus (HPV), the same sexually transmitted infection associated with cervical cancer in women. A huge spike in the number of head and neck cancers linked to HPV over nearly two decades is raising alarms about the risk of the sexually contracted infections in a whole new population: men.
A study in the Journal of Clinical Oncology reports there?s been a 225 percent uptick in HPV-positive oropharynx cancers since 1998, according to data from three U.S. Cancer centers. The study also predicts that by 2020, oropharyngeal cancer will be the most common HPV-associated cancer in the U.S. Surpassing cervical cancer.
Previously, tobacco and alcohol use had been the main causes of these tumors, which occur in the tonsils, base of the tongue and upper throat. But over the past few years, studies have shown HPV is playing a role in these cancer rates, likely due to an increase in oral sex even as tobacco use has fallen.
While HPV is the most common sexually transmitted disease, studies show women?s bodies usually clear the virus from the cervix quickly; only an infection that persists for years is a cancer risk. It?s not known if oral HPV acts in a similar way, nor is it clear if oral sex is the only way it?s transmitted,
Regardless, more than 11,000 cervical cancer cases will be diagnosed this year, a number that has been dropping steadily thanks to better Pap smears. The researchers calculated that annual cases of cervical cancer will drop to 7,700 by 2020 ? compared with about 8,700 cases of HPV-positive oropharyngeal cancer ? about 7,400 of them in men.
Can the vaccine that?s currently given to young women protect men against oral HIV?
HPV vaccination is approved for boys to prevent genital warts and anal cancer, additional problems caused by human papillomavirus. But protection against oral HPV hasn?t been studied in either gender, said report author Dr. Maura Gillison, a head-and-neck cancer specialist at Ohio State.
A spokeswoman for Merck & Co, maker of the HPV vaccine Gardasil, said the company has no plans to study the vaccine on oral cancer.
Regardless, the cancer society said the report suggests that patients with HPV-linked oral tumors have better survival odds than those with other types of this cancer, possibly because they tend to be younger.
Have a sore throat that lasts longer than two weeks? CONSULT PRIVATELY. Just because you?re not a smoker or drinker doesn?t mean you can?t get throat cancer.