Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Leelakrishnan
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. LeelakrishnanYour feedback matters!
I'm 37 male. 1) My TSH is 10.31, 2) Vit D = 7, 3) fatty liver and 4) tiny 2 mm. Kidney stones in both my kidneys. 5) from last few days i am having knee pain when binding my right leg. How should I get out of all these and What lifestyle should I have follow to overcome of all these?
Dear sir, My father heart by pass surgery has been done but after 1 month swellinng occurs from stomach to lower part. Now his kritne value is 3.27 and urea is passing approx 235 mg/dl. Please suggest what to do?
Dear sir, Im doing masturbation daily two times is it ok. At my penis it is getting red its paining. After masturbation I can not pop is it because of masturbation. Urine color is always yellow while im drinking water it is ok in color. After that it is same yellow, Doing masturbation in early morning is ok? How can I change my urine color even though im drinking water at that time it is ok. Im working in too hot area is it affect my health?
Ive got my fissure lis surgery done on 21st october. Its been a month. My bowel movements are very good but the skin has to still grow I think. There's a place where its red near my anus and skin still dint grow. Im really tensed. Im 23 years old and I have exams. Im feeling stressed. please tell me what to do? Post surgery care?
You're said to suffer from the problem of acute kidney failure if your kidneys suddenly stop working and lose their ability to eliminate waste materials including excess fluids and salts from the blood. The condition usually develops quickly over a few days or even a few hours. When this happens, waste materials accumulate in your blood, disrupting the chemical balance of your bloodstream.
So, what causes this problem?
Acute kidney failure can occur because of any one of these reasons:
1. A drop or slowdown of blood flow to the kidneys - Adequate blood circulation to the kidneys is of great importance as without it the kidneys may end malfunctioning. If blood flow to the kidney is hampered, a part of or the entire kidney may die. You may suffer from acute kidney failure if blood flow to the kidneys gets impaired due to conditions like
- Heavy blood loss
- Sepsis (body's inflammatory reaction to an infection, which can bring about organ failure, tissue damage, and death)
- Use of certain drugs
- Heart disease
2. Urinary obstructions - A sudden blockage that hampers your kidney's ability to eliminate urine can also bring about acute kidney failure. When this happens, it leads to a build up of toxins in the body, causing an overload of the kidneys. Conditions that bring about this urinary obstruction include:
3. Disease within the kidneys - Even instances of clotting within the blood vessels of the kidneys can lead to acute kidney failure. This is because if the movement of blood cells within the blood vessels gets hampered, kidneys are not able to filter out toxins from the body. The conditions and diseases that may cause clotting, and subsequently damage to the kidneys include:
- Scleroderma (an autoimmune disease that affects connective tissues and skin)
- Build-up of cholesterol deposits
- Glomerulonephritis (an inflammatory condition of the kidney's ball-shaped structures called glomeruli)
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome (a condition that occurs due to untimely death of red blood cells)
- Lupus (a disorder of the body's immune system that brings about damage to the body's own organs and tissues). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.