Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Laxmi Priya
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Laxmi PriyaYour feedback matters!
Mere girl friend ka mc 15 se 20 tak tha or maine 24 ko uske sath sex kiya bina koi protection ka to kya wo pregnant ho sakti hai. Agar pregnent ho jayegi to iska koi upay bataye.
Hello sir i am 20 yrs old as i had sex with my bf on last 19 dec 2014 without protection nd yesterday we took pregnancy test which was negative as its been 9 days up frm the normal date of periods please suggest any tablet so that i cld get period with in 2 days pls help i m really tensed.
Psychosomatic disorder, now more commonly referred to as psychophysiologic illness, is an illness whose symptoms are caused by mental processes of the sufferer rather than immediate physiological causes. If a medical examination can find no physical or organic cause, or if an illness appears to result from emotional conditions such as anger, anxiety, depression or guilt, then it might be classified as psychosomatic.
However, the term "psychosomatic" has developed a negative connotation in recent years, as many people mistakenly believe it to mean that the patient is "making up" his or her symptoms such as pain, has "mental problems," or is otherwise malingering. This is not its true meaning, as psychosomatic pain, for example, is very real pain, and is caused by unconscious rather than conscious sources, and is perfectly normal and not under conscious control.
Psychosomatic symptoms show that a human body can create physical symptoms that compensate for relationship deficiencies. (For example, hypnosis-induced allergic reactions indicate that a person's immune response can dramatically change during an intense mind-body relationship).
Very often, psychosomatic illness is influenced by external factors or players. Severe stress caused by factors in work, relationship, and family are known to cause bowel illness and accompanying dehydration, stomach or headaches, nausea, incontinence, or loss of hair.
Somatopsychic illness is an illness where the mental and psychological processes of the sufferer are affected by physiological causes. Emotional conditions similar to psychosomatic illness are experienced as well as decreased mental functioning. Physiological factors involved include, but are not limited to, cases of persons diagnosed with chronic pain and/or a physical disorder, cases where the person experiences frequent episodes of pain over a long period of time, and cases where a person has exacerbated levels of physical pain over a prolonged period of time..
Although psychosomatic disease might improve or disappear following suggestion by a recognized authority, both the psycho and somatic aspects of psychosomatic symptoms may vanish if people improve the relationship of mind to body. Anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa, for example, are usually considered to be psychosomatic illnesses. Like many eating disorders, they respond well to relationship coaching and various forms of psychotherapy.
It is often very difficult to distinguish if a disease has a psychological root, however, it is suggested that 70% of all diseases are the result of anxiety and stress and hence, have a "psychological" root in this sense, even though stress and anxiety themselves involve many biochemical, hormonal and genetic aspects.
Emotional conditions such as anger, anxiety, depression and guilt can be treated using Hypnotherapy and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, among other therapies, although these two particular treatments are considered controversial by many.
Cognitive behavior therapy is a widely-used treatment for anxiety, depression and related disorders.
Many identifiable illnesses have previously been labelled as 'hysterical' or 'psychosomatic', for example asthma, allergies, and migraines. Some illnesses are under debate, including multiple chemical sensitivity, Gulf War Syndrome, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Some people suggest that stigmatics suffer a psychosomatic illness based on identifying with the biblical crucified Jesus.
Illness as Metaphor
Tension myositis syndrome
Theory of Deadly Initials
Placebo (origins of technical term)
Hi ! I am 25 years old. I got married this Jan 2nd i need to know that i had intercourse with my husband many times with protection. But we have sex today with out protection and i didn't want to get pregnant so soon so please can u let me know what pill can i take for not getting pregnant and is it safe to take pills. How long i have to take the pills
Hi doc. I'm 13 weeks pregnant. Earlier I had got miscarriage at 5th month so doc had advised for cervical stich if I conceive again. Now I conceived after an year but till now my gynaecologist told me everything is normal n gave me to do another ultrasound withing 14 weeks. Is their still any chances of getting stich after completing 3 months? Because she had told me to do before 3 months.
We spend a majority of our time in office. Naturally, the atmosphere of the office affects the way we perceive things around us - our moods, passions and personality. How do you like your office atmosphere? Do you enjoy working with your colleagues? Do you feel respected? It is essential for you to have an affirmative answer to each of these questions, for your own good. But if it is not so, what can you do?
- Shift: Staying in a negative space will pull you down and harm you. If possible, ask to be transferred to another department. Few of us have the luxury of quitting on a whim. So, update your resume and spread the word that you're looking for a change. Don't quit your current job without having a back-up plan in place. However, when looking for a new job, keep the things you don't like about your current job in mind, so that you don't find yourself in a similar situation again.
- Find like-minded people: No matter how many colleagues you don't get along with, there must be a few you like. Watch their back and ask them to watch yours. Whenever you hear of anything that might affect the people around you, share the news with them but with discretion. Limit your interaction with people who pull you down and drain your energy.
- Document everything: Don't let things come to a my word against your's situation. This can be very stressful and harm your health. As far as possible, ensure all your communication is recorded in the form of emails, messages etc. Do not rely on someone else to take notes at meetings, rather make your own. Keeping a work diary is a good idea.
- Lead by example: Negative people feed off negativity around them. If you are a positive person, they will gradually begin avoiding you themselves or you might even make a positive impact on them. Respect people you work with and you will get their respect in return. Before condemning people, take a look at yourself and ensure that you aren't doing anything to attract that kind of behavior.
- Do something about it: Complaining can get things off your chest but often do nothing to change the situation. Be a part of the solution to the negativity in your office. Be regular with your own work and stick to your deadlines. If you need something, follow up with people instead of expecting them to follow up with you.
Lastly, don't try too hard to change the system. You can only control your own life. If you see your efforts going to waste, get back to that resume and start sending it out.
I had unprotected sex after 4 days of periods. And I also had taken unwanted 72 tablet within 24 hrs but after 7 days I had itching around my vagina and slightly bleeding What is the cause of this?Please suggest me something for that.
Can a patient go home same day after hymenolasty? If yes, after how long. How is the procedure conducted and is it painful? Does it tighten the vagina as well or just repair the hymen. Would it affect fertility in anyway? As I heard that there are chances of infection. Please help.
In most Indian homes, a family is not complete with just one child. Until about a couple of decades ago, a family with a single child was very rare. The most common response would be 'with whom the child will play'. Between the siblings, there is always so much love. Starting from getting attention from the parent to education at all stages of life, this is one relationship which just grows and grows. While it definitely is a feel-good factor, scientifically too, it has been proven to have multiple benefits.
Read on to know some benefits of having siblings and how it can help you stay healthy and positive.
- A constant companion: With a sibling around, there is no need to look for a play or study companion. There is always one available right in the same home. This provides for a happy, healthy equation with a lot of give and take that just extends through life.
- Continuous learning environment: With a sibling around, the learning never stops. There is a constant teacher/mentor-student relationship with the elder one having an upper hand and trying to teach the younger one all sorts of things from using a chalk to spoon to math to magic.
- Sharing begins at home: Whether it is your toys or colours, stationary or chocolates, siblings share a lot of stuff and so from a very young age, there is a behaviour that encourages sharing of all sorts of things. Studies have shown that children with siblings show a lot more sympathy and are more open to sharing things as compared to single children.
- Builds selflessness: The next time you see two siblings, notice how the elder one is always so protective of the younger one. The elder one is willing to give up their chocolate just so the younger one smiles. Similarly, the younger one also would give up a toy so that the elder one is happy. This selflessness is ingrained in children with siblings, which extends into their other relationships too later in life.
- Tougher individuals: Problem solving is something which gets built in early in life when children have siblings. This comes in handy later in life too, which makes them tougher individuals. They are also better skilled at negotiating, good at setting and achieving goals, managing relationships (both professional and personal), and are so more successful.
The relationship with a sibling just continues through life. The above are some pointers as to how having a sibling makes for a happy, healthier, and positive life. Anyone with a sibling would definitely vouch for these!!