Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Ear Pain
Treatment of Sneezing
Treatment of Sinusitis
Treatment of Mouth Sores
Treatment of Flu
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Coughing Treatment & Management
Treatment of Hearing Loss
Treatment of Sore Throat
Treatment of Blocked Nose
Treatment of Snoring
Treatment of Stammering
Treatment of Nose Bleed
Treatment of Tinnitus
Treatment of Vertigo
Treatment of Nose Infection
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Glue Ear
Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Submit a review for Dr. Laximinath GanjiYour feedback matters!
Last few months my nose is getting bleeding & when dried it's irritating when I try to clear it bleeds again.
I am having high fever and headache since last night now my nose is bleeding? What should I eat to get well soon?
I feel a lump in my throat. Its like something stuck in my throat. And feels pressure in my chest and continuous burping will bring some relief. What maybe the reason for this?
Sir. I am 56 years old. Nakse paani aur cheenk atha Citregen 1 tab khanese 2-4 days normal rahetha. Dust aur fan se aisa hora. please advice me.
I am 44 year old and have some sinus problem from last 2 year. Headeche, forehead pain, pain at inner side of both ear, sometime problem in balancing, I have show to ent and doctor has recomended for operation of nasal bone which come in ct scan. Kindly advise what step to be taken.
I am vertigo when I saw blood of someone. Is there any medicine which can cure me. I am suffering from this. Khoon dekhte hi chakkar aate h mujhe please help me.
In summer season my nose has bleeding and vomiting. I have also headache. Please help me what am I do?
I was suffering from sore throat before 1 months. It subsided within 10 day by medication. Now I get recurrent attack of it. What can I do?
I have sinusitis problem since 8 years. Worsening day by day. Can I use castor oil for hair growth? does it exacerbate the problem?
I am 21 year old. A pinhole is created in my eardrum due to water in pond. Frequently water is coming out of my ear. I consult to my doctor they suggest me to use serlox D, ceferite-500, montas-L and pentab-40. Is this useful?
Are you suffering from a sore throat that is prolonged in nature? Although, a sore throat is not very severe, being prolonged in nature indicates that it is chronic. You should not ignore a sore throat that does not heal over a long period of time. This might be an indication of a serious problem, and you will require proper diagnosis.
When is a sore throat termed as chronic?
- A sore throat may take various forms. It can be itchy, burning, scratchy in nature, and can also cause difficulty in swallowing food.
- It is likely for a sore throat to be accompanied by a form of pesky cough that leads to further irritation of the throat.
- Sore throats can also occur from common colds and several viruses. These usually resolve on their own.
- However, when your sore throat is persistent and you cannot find relief, it is referred to as a chronic sore throat. The primary cause of sore throat includes strep throat, allergies, tonsillitis or the infection of your tonsils, inhaling air pollutants, influenza, cigarette smoking, and inhaling via the mouth.
- Among these conditions, strep throat and tonsillitis may turn into severe problems, if not treated properly.
- Smoking is a major cause of chronic sore throat. You should control your smoking to eliminate these sore throat symptoms.
- Snoring is also a major cause for sore throat.
Relief from chronic sore throat
No matter what is the cause of your chronic throat pain, or sore throat is, you should follow some steps and undertake simple home remedies for soothing your scratchy, itchy and painful throat. Some of them include the following:
- Do hot water steam inhalation daily, which will help
- You must stay well hydrated and should moisten your throat by drinking lots of fluids throughout the day. You should add honey to warm drinks and hot tea.
- You may take over the counter pain relievers.
- You should install a humidifier in your home for preventing dry air that causes irritation to your throat.
- You may try gargling regularly with warm water and salt, at least twice a day.
It is difficult to diagnose the exact cause of a sore throat, but when it worsens or does not tend to leave, something serious is indicated. You must consult a doctor and undertake a physical examination of your throat in order to detect the cause.