Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Lavanya Rajesh KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 43 years old have good job I can not mix with any group freely, can not make jokes or comments freely so I have no friend i cant make good relations with them how can I change.
Dear sir, I am 29 years old and an Engineer. I am do not concentrate during work or reading. I am getting missed name and important details in short time. I become early short temper and frustrated. My mind set was disturbed. Before 3 year ago it was not happening with me. Please let me know. Thank you in advance.
Instantly you will be refreshed and feel relaxed.
What is Depression?
Depression can strike a child at any age. A mood disorder, depression is characterized by a persistent sad or empty feeling, irritability, and a loss of interest in everyday activities. Unlike normal sadness or grieving, most bouts of depression last for weeks, months, or even years. A smaller number of children and adolescent suffer from biploar disorder-bouts of depression interspersed with periods of elevated (manic) mood (bipolar disorder).
Although depression is usually not considered life-threatening, it can lead to thoughts of and attempts at suicide.
Persistent feelings of sadness, apathy, or hopelessness lasting more than two weeks.
Diminished interest in most daily activities, particularly pleasurable ones.
Decreased appetite and subsequent weight loss; increased appetite and weight gain.
Lack of sleep (insomnia), frequent awakening throughout the night, or conversely, an increased need for sleep.
Anxiety; diminished ability to think or concentrate.
Because there are no reliable laboratory tests to diagnose depression, physical examination and psychological evaluation are essential.
Expression of either of the first two symptoms of depression (see Symptoms box), in conjunction with other symptoms, for a period of two or more consecutive weeks.
A positive family history of depression or a prior depressive episode helps establish the diagnosis.
Psychotherapy is as effective as drug treatment in mild cases. Psychotherapy may also be used in conjunction with drug therapy.
Antidepressant medications, such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), are mainstays of treatment.
Exposure to bright light, known as light therapy, may be effective, particularly when depression is related to seasonal changes (seasonal affective disorder).
In secondary depression, the underlying cause is addressed, although antidepressant therapy may also be prescribed.
I m Trupti. I had go through an ectopic pregnancy on 2feb16. What precautions/treatment should I have to take for next pregnancy? I m so depressed.
I have bn diagnosed with hyper anxiety and depression. Have migraine since 2009 n vertigo last year. Since past 4 months have bn experiencing mental fogginess and derealization. Please help.
I did a lot of test. Like echo cardiogram/ chest xray / ct scan on brain and sinus/ CBC blood test/ sugar test/ liver function test/ kidney function test/ thyroid function test/crp test/ cardiac profile/ dimer test./ ECG test. All my test can back normal. But I still feel sick something my head feel heavy. My body feel tired and lazy. Sometime I feel sleep in the day . My doctor told me maybe anxiety is the cause. Because my doc tor said all my test is good. Seeing all my test is good I do not need to worry if I am sick with a disease or something right.
I always feel stressed. I'll be angry on small small discussions. Less appetite. Digestion is not proper. Feel depressed. Always feel tired but my hemoglobin level is 14 gm.
I am so weak and that's why I don't concentrate on my studies. Is there any solution to balance my mind and health?
Me apne gusse ko kese control rakh skta hu jese kbi meri wife se ladai hoti to man krta h khud ko mar dalu ya usse even koi ho uski jagah esa hi feel hota h.
Itz been a year I am suffering from depression coz I am in relation with a guy who every day cheating me over someone . I know what he is doing but not able to comeout from him coz i love him.Everday i get upset n cry whole day.
I am 24 male I am still virgin. and I have someone so deeply that I ever l have someone even ma family n she is saying that she too but after one years she end up relationship n move on with her life n blocked me from everywhere so that I cant even talk to her n I can not control now whenever I miss her I used to masturbate to forget her but I didn't. I am so eager now to do sex n kiss n all can say all the time I just think about girls their breast pussy n sex n how will I do sex n all such things n because of that I even cant concentrate on study So my friends suggested me to go for sex from prostitutes so I decrease ma attraction from girls n do ma study again. I really really so crazy to see breast n pussy n want to do everything n sex to now so that I can forget her Is it right way or not. please help me.
Most mental and emotional health issues are inconspicuous in nature and, therefore, cause more harm than they otherwise should, most people still live with a number of symptoms of depression without even realizing it or do little to address it. When the depressive symptoms last for more than 2 weeks and affect the individual's personal, social or occupational life, it is known as clinical depression or major depression. There is often a delay in opting for the treatment because of the social taboo associated with depression.
Depression makes a person miserable, disappointed, restless or numb for long and tedious timeframes, and is debilitating, particularly when they can't demonstrate their feelings and worries to anybody. It can meddle with their productivity and can become a concern not only in workplaces, but also in social circles.
So here's how to deal with a friend or family member in a depressed state of mind:
- Be considerate: Do understand that depression doesn't mean" trouble". Melancholy is a condition with an assortment of side effects like exhaustion, confused mind state and rest issues. These are all side effects of melancholy. Crabbiness is an exceptionally basic side effect, which once in a while is encountered by many individuals, and can lead to an expanded sensitivity. Normally, it's difficult to be sympathetic with someone who is behaving grumpily. But you need to make a conscious effort to still see the positive in depressed individuals and lead them to hope.
- Encourage and support: Try not to shame people for being negative. Dejection changes the world into a scene of pessimism. Discouraged individuals don't just focus on the negatives, but they also disregard the positives.
- Do validate: Approval can help manage a depressed state, and can wean a friend or family member out of depression. Remember that someone with dejection is not living in the same universe as you. The laws that oversee your universe don't exist in theirs. Depressed individuals require your understanding, your empathy, and your affection, considerably more when they are having a troublesome day, week or month. It is hard, but possible. Discouraged individuals value a positive backing in particular.
- Never say 'you're too much': When someone with depression is told "you're too much" particularly by somebody near them, it can send them spiralling into blame and nervousness and bitterness. Being encouraging and empowering is likewise useful.
- Be patient with the treatment process: A certain amount of trial and error in treatment is to be expected, Baer said. But the good news is that doctors can often help people with depression feel better and function better with a combination of medication and talk therapy, he added. With time and treatment, depression can lift. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.