Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. LavanyaYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old . My specs power is -7.25 and I continuously can not see properly day by day .do my power does not become stable and I have my eye checkup 8 months ago.
When I was tired come to collage and also back pain so what can I do? Also my eyes are Burning and also I need more sleeping like felling.
I am having pain in my eyes on doing works like studying or other minute works. Kindly provide me with a solution.
What has to be done to avoid headache and is that the reason why people get specs. And how this problem of headache can be avoided.
I have red eyes for over few 3 days. What should I do? And I also have pain on my eyes. So please say me what should I do?
Whenever I ride my bike. I got water draining from my both eyes at high rate. It is not normal. What should I do?
I am 23 years old and I am having dark circle, also me right eye are looking very tired. what should I do for it?
I have severe pain in my body and a burning sensation in my eyes. Please advise me how to cure this?
Styes are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction and is known to affect children more than adults. It resembles a pimple in exterior appearance and may grow both inside and outside of the eyelid. The symptoms of styes include redness, pain, swelling and tenderness. Though the styes do not lead to any kind of visual problems, they can cause significant discomfort.
What can cause styes?
Your eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.
What are the symptoms of styes?
The most common symptom of styes includes swelling of the eyelid, redness, pain, tenderness, eyelid crusts and burning in the eye. It frequently leads to a yellowish-white discharge which becomes very uncomfortable and may also continue to drain out of the eye. Doctors recommend not to press or squeeze the styes as it may lead to further complications.
You should call your doctor if:
- The child`s eye is swollen shut
- He has a severe pain
- He has a high-grade fever
- Swelling lasts for more than 20 days
- Pus continues to drain from the eye
- His eyelid bleeds
- He has problems with his vision
Homeopathic medicines for sty are safe and effective with no side effects. They play a vital role in improving the health and immune levels of the body. The recurrence of any symptoms in a body can be prevented by homeopathic medicines. These medicines are easy and comfortable for all age groups as they taste sweeter and give quicker results.
Styes tend to dry out on its own although applying homeopathic medication can aid in hastening the process of healing.
- Amalki: This homeopathic medicine aids in repairing damaged tissue which in turn aids the stye infection to dry out. It is recommended to add a teaspoon of Amalki, which is available in most homeopathic outlets, into a glass of pure water. Then the mixture must be left on its own for the whole night for at least 10 to 12 hours. The mixture should then be filtered and used for washing the affected eye.
- Heper Sulphur: Heper sulphur aids in speeding up the rupture of styes so that the pain is instantly relieved. This remedy is particularly suited for the styes that cause significantly red and swollen. It also aids in reducing the tenderness and swelling. In the case of some children, styes tend to secrete a liquid discharge and are extremely painful. Heper sulphur along with warm compress can be extremely helpful in relieving the pain.
- Pulsatilla: Some styes do not cause any pain but cause significant swelling and secrete a yellowish discharge. People affected with such type of styes can be significantly benefited by the use of homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. It has also been found useful in preventing reoccurrence of styes.
- Staphisagria: Staphisagria is for chronic or recurrent styes that appear mainly on the upper eyelid. The eyes are very dry and have rheum. The corner of the eye and the edges of the eyelids may be chapped and infected.
It is important to keep the eye clean and flush it with cold water. If the pain and related symptoms do not go away after 3 to 4 days, it is best to consult a doctor for further treatments.
Hi I have birthmark in my eyes and it looks so uncomfortable I had searched on net it's called nevs of ota and can be cured please do help me in relation with this pbl where can I get my pbl be treated in india.
I have headache due to stress. It's paining heavily above eye brow. This is continuing problem I faced.
Redness, itchiness and watery eyes are common symptoms of eye allergies. Pollen, mold, dust and pet dander are common allergens that trigger such allergies. Other triggers include adverse reactions to cosmetics and eye medication such as eye drops. Being allergic to certain food items rarely causes eye conditions such as itchiness or excessive tearing. When the surface of the eye is exposed to allergens, it releases histamines. This causes itchiness and makes the eye red and watery.
However, sometimes these can also be symptoms of a larger problem. Itchiness in the eyes and excessive tearing can also be a symptom of conjunctivitis or caused by eye disorders like dry eyes and blepharitis. Ironically, dry eyes is the most notorious factor amongst the above. Watery eyes could also be caused by clogged tear ducts or eyelids that turn inwards or outwards.
If your eye feels itchy or is persistently watery, you must consult an eye doctor. To correctly diagnose the condition and recognize the symptoms triggering it, he will conduct a thorough eye exam and discuss your medical history and lifestyle. If the condition is triggered by an allergy you might also require blood tests for allergies.
This will decide your course of treatment. A few tips that could help are:
- Avoid allergens: The best way to keep your eyes healthy is to limit their exposure to factors that could irritate it. Avoid going outdoors during the pollen season especially if it is windy. Wearing wraparound sunglasses can also help create a barrier between your eyes and the allergens. Within the house, ensure that your air filters in the air conditioner are cleaned regularly.
- Avoid contacts: Switch to spectacles or consider lasik surgery if you wear contacts regularly and often suffer from eye allergies. Alternatively you could switch to daily disposable lenses to avoid the buildup of airborne allergens on the surface of the lenses.
- Eye drops: Non prescriptions eye drops that help lubricate the eyes are easily available over the counter and can help relieve itchiness. This can also keep your eyes from drying out and thus prevent watery eyes.
- Antihistamines: The histamines released by the body on contact with an allergen dilute blood vessels and make then abnormally permeable. Antihistamines reduce these reactions by not allowing the histamines to attach themselves to cells in the body. Antihistamines can take a while to react and can make you feel drowsy. Hence it is advisable not to take them when operating heavy machinery or driving.