Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. LavanyaYour feedback matters!
She had gone for lasik 16 days back. Yesterday we went out on scooter. After coming back she feels dry and stretch like feeling and today at 4'o clock she got red left eye and pain and till sunshine she got swollen left eye. please suggest what happened to my sister's eye?
I am getting itching just below my left eye, that part became so rough and also have small size raw pimples on upper part of the body. Please suggest some medications.
Hello everybody, I am Dr Charu Tyagi. Today I will talk about Computer vision syndrome.
Computer has become part and parcel of our life. We are spending lot many hours on the screens. The screens are associated with some eye problems. Patients who have eye pain, redness, watery eyes, blury vision, headache often associated with long hours on computer. They are classified as Computer Vision Syndrome. So, we would like you to be spending time but have a mix and match activity when you are working on computers. Take time for breaks and look at distances.
People who have tendency to stare, who do not blink well, (we are suppose to blink 16-18 times in a minute), and who are in the AC atmosphere are more prone to Computer Vision Syndrome. Not wearing glasses is one of the important factors for headache and strain.
- People are adviced to blink 16-18 times in a minute.
- Maintain a good posture
- When feel tired, do palming
- Wash eyes
- Have proper hydration
- Follow the rule 20-20-20, which means that after every 20 minutes look at 20 feet or more and blink 20 times.
- Have your computer set 15 degrees and below your eye level. No bright light should be behind the computer
- Maximum contrast and minimum brightness in the computer setting
- Have anti-glare on your computer and anti-glare on your glasses.
- Proper lighting should be there above for proper vision and to avoid strain.
- Do not rub your eyes frequently as keyboards are the source of infection.
- Do not over wear your contact lenses as they can cause dryness in your eyes.
- Avoid kajal and soorma which are not very good for your eyes.
If you see that your symptoms are not improving then you need to see an eye specialist for the complete eye examination.
I have headache. I have red eyes. I have pains in hands and legs. I have acidity problem. Please give suggestion.
I am 28 years male. My eye elbows are flickering from some days. I feel heaviness in my eyes. And minor head pain also. Pls suggest for medicine for quick relief.
I'm Rudraksh n I'm suffer from a red eyes so please doctor suggest me what should I do for this? Answer me fast please doctor.
My eyes are becoming weak day by day, I am also suffering from myopia how can I improve my eye sight?
I am an accountant so full time am infront of system. so sometimes my eyes is too paining. what should i do sir?
I am having an infection on my eye the part below eyebrow and it is like extra skin what should I do?
I am suffering from throat problems please suggest me some precautions also want to know how to cure eye redness?
I have gas problem and bloating in stomach after the food and also small bumps sometime in body and my eye blurred vision sometimes. I'm scared because it's cause of aids please help some one. And also I loss my body weight please help.
In today’s world, most of the work that you do is on your computer. With an increasingly digitized world, computers can’t be replaced. Though they have made your work easier, they do come with certain disadvantages as well. The rays emitted by a computer screen can be harmful to your eyes if exposed for an extended duration.
It is important that you take certain precautionary measures to protect your eyes:
1. Wash your eyes: Wash your eyes on a regular basis; it facilitates cooling and relaxation of the eyes. Make it a routine to wash your eyes at least 5 to 6 times in a day.
2. Get computer glasses: Use computer glasses to protect your eyes as they help to minimize the effect of the radiation from the screen. If you work for long hours in front of the computer, then you should consider getting a pair of computer glasses.
3. The position of your screen: The screen should ideally be positioned at an arm’s length and the viewing angle of the monitor should be around 35 degrees. Make sure you position your chair accordingly keeping these tips in mind.
4. Eye exercise: You should exercise your eyes to reduce the strain and relax your eyes. Follow the 20-20 rule wherein after working on your computer for 20 minutes, you redirect your gaze to an object that is around 20 feet away. This helps your eye muscles to relax and thus, improves your eye health.
5. Don’t work at a stretch: Take breaks in between your work sessions to reduce fatigue in your eyes. Constantly staring at a screen for an extended amount of time can cause problems in your eye. Take 2 minute breaks for every 30 minutes you spend working on your computer. This helps to reduce the strain on your eyes also helps to release tension in the muscles of the neck and back.
6. Blink more than usual: Blinking moistens your eyes and causes tear production which does not allow the eye to suffer from dryness. It also prevents eye irritation and helps in clearing out dirt from the eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.