Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. LavanyaYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old female. I am having less blood percentage of 5. Is beetroot enough to increase blood percentage. What type of food should I add to increase blood percentage. Is medicines solv s my problem?
Sexually transmitted diseases can often be shortened to STDs. STDs often do not show any symptoms. It is possible that you may have had a disease such as chlamydia and not even known you had it. However, it is crucial that you get yourself tested as soon as possible so that the sexually transmitted disease can be treated in the best way possible. Since there are many sexually transmitted diseases and they all have different symptoms and treatment, here are the symptoms and treatment for the most common ones:
- HPV: HPV stands for Human papillomavirus and it may display no symptoms, whatsoever that you have the disease. However, when you do get symptoms, you will get symptoms such as genital warts, infection of the throat and mouth as well as cervical cancer, penile cancer and various other cancers. The treatment for HPV is to take a vaccine; as if you have not been vaccinated, it is hard to cure.
- Chlamydia: Chlamydia is a common sexually transmitted disease, however only 25% of women and about 50% of men show any symptoms of it. However, the most common symptoms when they do appear is a discharge from the vagina or penis which is not regular and it may even cause a painful or burning sensation. Since this is a bacterial disease, it can pretty easily be treated with antibiotics.
- Gonorrhea: Gonorrhea is yet another common sexually transmitted disease. It usually occurs along with chlamydia. The symptoms and treatment for gonorrhea are also extremely similar to chlamydia.
- Syphilis: Syphilis is another common sexually transmitted disease. However, it is a little hard to treat because the symptoms appear in stages. In the first stage, there is only one main bump on the body. This bump may look like a cut, a sore or even an ingrown hair. In the second stage, this bump becomes a rash, which goes all over your body and it may develop sores in your mouth, vagina or anus. Symptoms usually completely disappear in the third stage. However, if there is a fourth stage, the brain or organ damage may occur. Antibiotics are used to treat syphilis as well.
Related Tip: "3 Ways You Can Prevent STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)"
I am of age 23 I had anal sex few months before. And after that I got ulcers on my penis. Its get healed within a week and get raised again and again. I always feel itching and foul smell and sometimes redness came on that part. please help me out. I have already used faze 150 mg and zabrinth tablets but its not get healed yet please prescribe me something which can healed my problem.
While having sex with my wife at the end she getting something in white color and getting itching in her private area why.
After my first sex, my periods date is gone but periods not coming, I use safe sex so no chances for pregnancy, I don't know what's the exact problem please help me.
Hi, I got married 7 months ago. My age is 30 and my wife running in 23. Normally we meet two or three times in a month for 2-3 days every time. But still she is not conceived. Both we are physically fit. Every month she get periods. Please suggest is there any need for visiting a doctor.
I have irregular period. I have this problem 5 years back. And still now also. I take 6 month medicine so only came period.
I visited a massage parlour. During the massage, I rubbed my penis on the butt crack of the lady. She then started giving me hand job. And also inserted her finger inside my anus. Please let me know the possibility of HIV. I am really tensed. This incident happen around 10 days back. I had back ache in past 2 days.
Please help me Dr. Help krde bahot tension mei hu darr lg rha kahi mai pregnant to nahi. Koi Dr. Mujhe detail mei jwaab nhi de rha aap log Dr. Ho please help krdo. Mai unmarried hu isliye itna stress hai I know meri galti hai but please help me. I have an unprotected sex 2 times with my bf on 17 march and on 24 april. Uske bad 9 may ko mera periods aata hai but mere usual periods se bahot jyada hi difference tha it was just brown blood spotting and only for 3-4 days , mere periods hmesa se 25-26 din pr aate rhe hai kbhi aisa nahi hua or 6-7 din tk rhta hai. 9 may bad 2 june fir se 25 din bad hi mere periods aate hai but phir vaise hi brown bleeding bahot hi km bahot jyada km just a spotting. Or pichle 1 month se I feel early pregnancy symtoms like: headche , constipation , stomach pain, back pain, breast tenderness soreness, nipples tingles and most important white lotion type vaginal discharge. Maine may mei 3 bar urine test kra 1-1 week k gap pr sare negative aaye fir maine 9 june ko b-hcg test krwaya usme hcg (1.20) aaya. Fir maine ek gynaecologist ko bhi dikhaya unhone ultrasound kra btaya ki cysts hai. Medicine di or 10 injection di (placentrax injection) unhone kaha tha ab mera properly period aa jana chahiye ye sari medicine injection k bad. But ab to mera period hi nahi aaya spotting tk nhi hai koi 29 days ho gye hai already kbhi aisa nhi hua hai mere periods hmesa sahi se aate rhe hai.in sab k wajah se mai koi kam nhi kr pa rhi unmarried hu bahot tension mei hu meri training chal rhi jin Dr. Ko dikhaya tha unhe ab 26july k phle dikha tk nhi skti coz mai apni ca training k liye bahar hu kya kru plzz suggest me. Koi medicine hai kya jisse periods properly aa jaye jldi se jldi. Qki inn sari tension mei meri studies mera career sab spoil ho rha. please help me .
Please I had unprotected sex with a lady and she took emergency contraceptive (1.5 mg just one pill in box) 4 hours but she told me she was ovulating that same day. Please will the pill be effective against pregnancy since she was ovulating.
My cousin is 18 years old and her breasts has not developed completely yet. She remains very conscious and tensed due to her body. She is very weak as well. Can you suggest any methods to help her? Will they grow as she has already turned 18 this year! please help!
Hi doctor, I have sex with a woman few days back. I used condom while intercourses. So is there any chance of hiv or any std. How long I hv to wait to do the hiv test.
I'm newly married and we don't want children immediately, but we did sex thrice in past three days, will that lead to pregnancy ?
I'm 24 years old. I have periods only 1 and half days but it regularly came every month. But the days are very low. Is there any problem in my uterus?
When it comes to the brain and the IQ, is bigger the better? Does size really matter? Is there really a connection between the size of your brain and intelligence? With the help of findings by neurologists
and scientists, we seek to find out!
- Ailments and the Brain: Scientists have found that children with autism have a brain that has grown in a disproportionate manner in the very first year of their life. This prevents the child from making connections with normal behaviour. On the other hand, children and adolescents who suffer from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD have shown signs of having a much smaller brain size. Many scientists have shown that the size of the brain shrinks as we age, and this does not have any visible effect on our cognitive abilities.
- It's all Relative: The size of the brain does not really have a bearing on the way a person's cognition gets shaped. Even large mammals like elephants and whales are finally hunted and tamed by humans who have smaller brains in comparison. The brain is made up of billions of neurons which need to function properly. It may be seen that scientists consider the brain mass in relation with the rest of the body so as to speculate about the cognitive abilities of the person. Why is this required? Large animals need a well functioning and proportionate brain size to control and run their organs with proper cognition for satisfactory results, which is what we humans seem to have done.
- Neanderthal Brains: Historically, the earliest man or the Neanderthals are said to have had larger brains than we do. These people are believed to have brains that are at least 10% larger than the brains that we have in our modern times. The shape of their brain was different too. They were also heavily muscled people which had a bearing on the size and shape of the brain and bodies as well as the lean tissue within the brain. They also survived very successfully for a period of over 200,000 years, which obviously points to some form of elevated cognition, as per many scientists.
- Animals: While animals with small brains like lizards and reptiles do not perform too well on IQ tests, the animals with bigger brains like elephants and dolphins perform much better. But the medium sized brains of monkeys, lemurs and other animals are said to perform in the best manner. The correlation between the body size and the brain does not seem to hold good here, as per various researches.
So the verdict as per medical science and research stands divided!