Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lavangi Sudhakar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lavangi SudhakarYour feedback matters!
Happy withDoctor friendliness, Explanation of the health issue, Treatment satisfaction, Value for money, Wait time We really very happy when visiting Dr.Lavangi. She cares a lot. Very patient. Whatever the questions we ask, she answers everything politely. I would personally recommend anyone who searching for a doctor for the best pregnancy care.
She is so polite,very kind .she has enough time for her patient
Dr treatment is very good
I've getting curd like discharge from my vagina. What is the cause for it and please suggest me what should I do to prevent it.
Diabetes is often considered as deadly as cancer. It is a disease that requires lifestyle changes and diet modifications. It is also a disease that affects almost the entire system of your body. Whether you have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, it will do you a world of good to understand the effects of diabetes. Neurovascular damage is one of the most common effects, this means that diabetes will affect the nerves and blood supply of the body.
While Type 1 diabetes makes its presence felt much earlier and is hereditary quite often, Type 2 appears later in life with age and cumulative stress. The effects of diabetes are related to the duration of the disease. Therefore, people with Type 1 diabetes are more likely to have the symptoms early on and need to learn to manage them. Type 2 makes its appearance later, but needs good monitoring for the effects to not surface or prolong the severity of symptoms.
As we all know, all body systems are affected by diabetes, sexual health is no exception. Diabetes decreases blood supply and impacts the nerves in the genitals, thus causing a series of issues right from reduced libido and erectile dysfunction in males to vaginal dryness and painful coitus (perunia) in females.
Listed below are issues diabetic men and women face in terms of sexual health:
- Diabetes reduces testosterone levels, which is directly reflected in reduced libido. Altered nerve function does not provide proper signals to the penis and there is also reduced blood flow to the organ. Both these can diminish the chances of a good erection. Studies have shown that among men who have had diabetes for 10 years, about 50% have experienced erectile dysfunction. Pregnant
- The affected nerve function also leads to difficulties in reaching a climax. Diabetes in men can additionally cause Peyronie's disease, which leads to a curved penis, and this leads to painful and difficult erections and coitus.
- It leads to reduced sexual desire due to testosterone levels. Vaginal dryness is very common in females with diabetes and therefore, there is a definite decline in the urge.
- The above mentioned neurovascular damage also prevents women from reaching a good climax, as the nerve supply is affected.
- Diabetes also increases the predisposition to urinary tract infections, which can lead to painful sexual experience due to additional vaginal dryness and itching.
Finally, as much as it may sound as a cause for concern, it is not. People with diabetes know that making small lifestyle changes can go a long way in terms of onset of symptoms, their severity, and the leading of a normal life. Modifications in diet and lifestyle to include healthy eating, reduced stress, and exercising are very useful. It is also very important to talk to your doctor about how your sexual health has changed with diabetes. It is a sensitive and private topic, but if you are concerned about it, then do not hesitate to seek help. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
- We often come across few spell of stressful night due to lack of sleep.
- There is tendency to gulp sleep medication as choice of treatment but it is harmful on long term basis. So I am suggesting one small step to follow. Try a glass of milk with sugar, since milk is composed of tryptophan which is an amino acid which gets converted to 5 ht that induces relaxation feel and sleep.
- So this home made remedy which is complete food with antacid properties helping to induce sleep.
Many of us need that jolt of coffee to kick-start our day. Science has backed caffeine since ages for its antioxidant properties but sadly it also increases blood pressure and affects the kidneys.
Today's generation is all about taking risks to a whole new level. Many pubs and lounges offer caffeinated alcoholic beverages, and many health drink companies are making energy drinks aimed for the fun loving youth. Though they may be a good idea for a fun night, but a concoction of booze and caffeine together may not be such a good idea says a new study.
Consuming such mixtures is extremely harmful to the brain. Energy drinks contain almost 10 times the amount of caffeine that is approved by the fda to be allowed for consumption by adolescent teens. Mixing them with alcohol alters the brain activity forever that even lasts into adult life.
In a study conducted by the purdue university lead by Dr. Richard van rijn and his team, experiments were conducted on mice that were fed coke mixed with alcohol. Researchers saw significant changes in the parts of the brain that are related with addiction. Similar changes were seen in the mice that were given cocaine. Studies conducted on mice brain produces similar results on human brain.
When one consumes only alcohol, it gives a feeling of happiness. However, when you drink too much, the body knows that you have overconsumed and starts to shut itself down - you feel sleepy so that you don't harm yourself too much.
The stimulatory effect of an energy drink mixed with booze seems obvious. This study published in alcoholism: clinical and experimental research can provide some refreshing insight into it. Lead author and psychologist cecile marczinski showed how the body shuts down any in-built pathways when one overindulges. For research purposes, volunteers divided into groups were asked to drink plain alcohol, energy - alcohol beverages, energy drinks alone and a non-alcoholic beverage assuming that the group who drank energy- alcohol drinks would also show symptoms of sedation. Much to the surprise of the research team, participants who had energy- alcohol beverages showed twice as much stimulation than with plain alcohol alone.
Also, the researchers discovered that it was not only the caffeine found in the energy drink that was the culprit, but the activation of other ingredients in the beverages as well e. G. Glucose, taurine and ginseng which are all stimulatory for the human brain.
The reason a concoction of alcohol and caffeine gives such an intense reaction is because both alcohol and caffeine release dopamine - the ‘feel good hormone’ in the brain.
Teenage brain is weak &amp; subtle and if it is flooded with high levels of dopamine, they may need higher amounts of it to experience the same #x2018 high #x2019; later in life due to development of tolerance which makes quitting also more tough.
The heightened stimulation along with impulsivity makes energy-alcohol drinking quite dangerous especially for teenage drinkers who think they can hold their alcohol or still have control over the steering wheel after heavy boozing at a party.
Next party, choose your poison carefully
My girlfriend last period date was 3rd September and we sex on 30th August also used condom but still she has without period. And something white liquid discharging. There would be any risk of pregnancy? please reply me soon.
1.3 new goals – cure, prevent resistance and break chain of transmission.
2. Introduction of daily regime.
3. Definition and treatment of mono and polyresistance apart from mdr and xdr tuberculosis.
4. Treatment in cat 1 – 2 (hrze) + 4 (hre): continue ethambutol in continuation phase too.
5. Treatment in cat 2 – 2 (hrzes) + 1 (hrze) + 5 (hre).
6. Introduction of bedaquiline as a new drug. Atp synthase inhibitor specifically targets myc. Tb. Indicated in age more than 18 years. Contraindicatef in pregnancy and those taking hormonal ocp. It may be given in patients with stable arrythmia.
7. Definition of presumptive tuberculosis. Duration > 2 weeks etc.
8. New algorithm to diagnose tuberculosis – pulmonary, extrapulmonary, drug resistant.
10. Diagnosis of tuberculosis based on x-ray will be called as clinically diagnosed tuberculosis.
11. Sputum should be around 2ml and preferably be mucopurulent.
12. Follow up – new and previously treated drug sensitive pulmonary tuberculosis – no need to extend intensive phase, sputum microscopy at end of ip and end of treatment, weight monthly, chest x-ray if required.
13. Follow up – mdr tuberculosis – sputum smear monthly 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 months in intensive phase and at 3 months interval in continuation phase 9, 12, 15, extend ip phase by maximum 3 months total of 9 months.
Some more additions to it, adding here which might help to pg students.
1) monitoring health status of tb treated patients (for recurrence of tb) for 24 months after treatment
2) online monitoring of treatment adherence through 99dots programme (currently it is on pilot basis running for tb-hiv patients)
3) intensified tb case finding in clinically, socially and geographically vulnerable population. It's a provider initiated activity.
4) now'tb suspect' term is replaced by'presumptive tb case.
5) in diagnostic algorithm sputum examination along with chest x-ray is recommended.
6)'nsp' term is replaced by'microbiologically confirmed case'
7) nsn and others r called now onwards'clinically diagnosed tb' case. (terms replaced)
8) definitions of cured, defaulted, treatment completed, failure, failure to respond, loss to follow up are somwhat changed.
9) cat i, cat ii, cat iv terminologies r obsolete n replaced by drug sensitive (new or previously treated) and drug resistant tb categories.
When you are pregnant, it is important for you to have a proper diet, which is full of essential nutrients. A lot of these nutrients are used as supplements for the growing fetus. This is vital for the fetus to grow properly and receive proper nourishment. Every pregnancy is different, so does the diet differs based on issues based by a young mother. The biggest myth ever is to expect young mother to eat for two, but the truth is a pregnant woman just needs about 500 kcal extra from her normal RDA. It is always better to get a personalised diet chart, so coping up with physical and mental stress by an expectant mother becomes easier, leading to a happy and healthy pregnancy. A customised diet not only helps to be mother to take care of herself and lil one, but also ensure a positive wellbeing post pregnancy. Rest is equally important and to be mother should ensure she is active throughout her pregnancy for easy labour and fitness. Postpartum complications are prevented when the fetus receives sufficient nourishment. Here is a healthy Indian diet to follow during pregnancy:
- Meat, fish, eggs, poultry, nuts: These food items provide ample protein, zinc and iron. During pregnancy, the body requires an increased amount of protein, especially during the second trimester. You should consume at least 15 grams of protein regularly as an additional protein intake is important for tissue demands.
- Milk, cheese, yoghurt: These dairy products are a good source of calcium, protein, vitamins and phosphorus. The body requires high amounts of calcium during pregnancy. You should consume low-fat dairy products, if you are concerned about getting overweight.
- Fruits: Fruits are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber and potassium. You should add fruits such as grapefruit, orange, melons and berries to your diet. Also you should have several servings of fruit regularly. Have fruit juices and fruit desserts as well.
- Vegetables: During pregnancy, you must include several types of vegetables in your diet. Raw, leafy vegetables such as spinach and other vegetables including carrots, sweet potatoes, peas, corn and potatoes should be a part of your diet. They contain vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, iron and magnesium. Moreover, constipation is prevented because of their low-fat and fiber content.
- Breads, rice, cereals, pasta: These food items contain complex carbohydrates, which are a good source of energy. Pregnant women require 6 to 10 servings of these food products. Grains are also good sources of protein and help in the development of the baby’s body tissues.
- Fats, sweets and oils: These food items are necessary for your diet when you are pregnant. However, you should avoid these in excess because of the high-calorie content. Try to consume food items, which contain low fat.
- Food rich in iron: Many Indian women suffer from anemia because of blood loss or improper diet. The body needs to get fortified with increased iron amounts. You should consume meat, prunes, raisin, spinach and soya beans. The body absorbs iron better when taken with food items, which are rich in vitamin C, like broccoli, potatoes and citrus fruits.
For getting an ideal diet chart during pregnancy, you should visit a dietitian. He or she will provide you with a diet chart, which will help you focus on the food items that are essential for you and your baby’s health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Hi Dr. My gf is 19 we had protected sex on 13 of feb n her periods took place on 1st feb till 5th of feb. Right now her periods haven't came yet. I am little doubtful about it .what should I do to prevent pregnancy .pls suggest any alternative than visiting dr.
In today’s world, females have advance techniques available for shaping up their breasts. It is a part of their overall persona and beauty. Breast augmentation is one of the greatest plastic surgery operations that is done in hospitals across the globe.
Gone are the days, when you would sit back at home and blame nature for your saggy breasts. You have the gift of plastic surgery at your rescue. Breast augmentation can enhance the beauty of your breast and uplift its features. In this process, the implant is put under the pectoral muscle so that you can still breastfeed your infant if needed.
The process is executed with the help of a small 4 cm incision. The recovery process takes a week’s time. Breast augmentation can be carried out in a surgical centre or in any hospital’s outpatient facility. It doesn’t require a hospital stay in most cases. In some selected cases only, the procedure is done using local anaesthesia. In those cases, the patient stays awake. The breast region is made numb.
What to expect during the procedure?
The woman opting this must know what all are expected to happen during the procedure. The surgeon will insert the breast implant by making a single cut in one of the following three areas:
1. In the crease under breast
2. Underarm (axillary)
3. Around the nipple (periareolar)
After the incision is done, the surgeon will try and separate the breast tissue from the patient’s muscles and connective tissue. This will lead to the creation of a pocket either behind or in front of the pectoral muscle. After this, the surgeon will put the implant into the newly-created pocket. It will be centred behind the nipple.
Saline implants are put in an empty form and then filled with sterile salt water. Silicone implants are, however, pre-filled with silicone gel. After the implant is over, the cut is stitched with sutures and the skin is bandaged with adhesive and tape.
What to expect after the procedure?
For a few weeks, the patient might experience Soreness and swelling. It is also possible to develop bruises. Your scars will fade away with time. It is quite possible that the scars will not vanish permanently ever in your lifetime. You must wear a compression or sports bra at the time of healing. You might be required to take painkillers, as advised by the surgeon. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!