Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lavangi Sudhakar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lavangi SudhakarYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. Good morning .i have period problem. I am a newly married girl. I had intercourse with my hubby for the first tym on 29 th oct n then on 31 oct without any protection. I am not sure what happened during those two days .i have taken unwanted 72 on 4th noverm in noon .then on 5 we have done it with full protection. My before last period date was 13 and last months date was 8 now today is 13 of november .and still I do not get in periods I have checked trice from preganews. First on 5 then on 6th and then on 11th. All.tge results were negative .I m very worried. although I have taken papita n hot things as well to produce heat. Today I have done exercise also. Is prega is the right brand to test from. I am very worried please help me out.
Spinachis a rich source of vitaminA and reduces the risk of eye diseases, like night blindness, itching eyesand eye ulcers. Components like beta carotene, lutein, xanthenes and zeaxanthinact as strong antioxidants and protectthe eyes from the harsh effects of UV rays, further lowering the chances ofcataract formation and are all beneficial for maintaining overall good eyesight.
· Spinachis also rich in potassiumand low in sodium. The former is known to lower the blood pressure while thelatter is known for increasing it. Therefore, spinach, included in a regulardiet brings the blood pressure down to normal levels. The amount of folatepresent in spinach also reduces hypertension, relaxes blood vessels andmaintains a proper blood flow.
· Spinachis rich in mineralslike manganese, copper, magnesium, zinc and phosphorus which help in building strong bones and lowering the chances of osteoporosis. It is also a good sourceof vitamin K, which functions in retaining calcium in the bone matrix, leadingto bone mineralization.
· Ithas been found that spinach has the ability to protect the mucous membrane of stomach, thereby decreasing the occurrence of gastric ulcers.
· Studiesshow that spinach lowers the cancer risk by 34%, particularly breast cancer,cervical cancer, prostate cancer, skin cancer and stomach cancer. Componentslike vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, tocopherol, chlorophyllin, folic acid andfiber are considered beneficial in fighting against cancer cells.
· Spinachis a great source of magnesium, a mineral which is known to preventcomplications occurring after diabetes. And regular consumption of spinachstabilizes blood sugar levels and prevents it from fluctuating too much.
· Anotherimportant mineral, iron, which is found abundantly in spinach, is known to reproduce red blood cells, thereby preventing chances of anemia. The same ironis also useful for boosting the body’s metabolism, leading to more fat burningand giving way to reduce weight.
· Itis advisable for pregnant women to include spinach in their regular diet asfolate found in it is needed by the growing fetus for development of a newnervous system. Also, vitamin A present in spinach is required for the lungdevelopment of the fetus as well as during breast feeding.
· Folatefound in spinach aids in reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s disease. Vitamin Bprotects the skin against the harmful effects of UV radiations. And finally,the high alkaline properties in spinach make it a perfect food for peoplesuffering from inflammatory ailments, like rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
The thyroid gland within the body plays an important role in regulating your metabolism among many other functions. This is a butterfly-shaped gland located in your neck and plays an important role within your body. However, a common condition that may afflict it is hypothyroidism or an underactive thyroid gland. It is even more of a problem if you are pregnant as it may affect your baby’s development in the womb. It has also been noticed that pregnancy in itself may cause hypothyroidism.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism-
Pregnant women may also exhibit symptoms common to other patients who are suffering from hypothyroidism. These may include:
Fatigue along with lethargy.
Mild to significant weight gain.
Feeling cold with severe chills
The thyroid gland produces the T4 hormone responsible for regulating many mechanisms within the body such as metabolism. With hypothyroidism, the production of this hormone decreases or stops altogether. This is important as disruption in the production of the hormone may disrupt the normal development of your baby.
Effects of Hypothyroidism on your baby-
Hypothyroidism during pregnancy can affect your child’s developmental abilities. Many studies in this field have shown that such children tend to have learning difficulties and may even display lower IQ scores during tests. It was noticed that sometimes, hypothyroidism during pregnancy wasn’t diagnosed correctly as the pregnant mother did not show much apparent symptoms. This is also a major issue in the early diagnosis of the problem. Hence, it is absolutely imperative to test for thyroid problems early during pregnancy.
Prevention is the Best Cure-
It is thus very important that mothers be screened properly for thyroid issues even before they are pregnant and while they are pregnant. Some of the medically recommended steps that should be taken are –
Screening before pregnancy as this can help to devise a solution for this condition.
Women with goiter or enlarged thyroid should most certainly be screened.
Women with a family history of hypothyroidism should be screened.
Treatments for Hypothyroidism During Pregnancy-
The doctors may suggest thyroid hormone replacement therapy wherein artificial T4 hormone is introduced into the body. This helps to maintain a constant rate of the thyroid hormone within the body. This can be done even before pregnancy as the developing fetus is completely dependent on the mother for its thyroid hormone until at least 12 weeks when the baby’s body can start producing it on its own. Also, the levels of this hormone should be regularly checked within the body through the TSH or the thyroid stimulating hormone tests to ensure that the levels are at a safe minimum.
I'm 19 years old I'm suffering with date problems monthly twice I'm getting a date and I have a blood percentage less please can you solve my problem and give me a suggestion.
According to many fitness experts, swimming can be an effective and rigorous fitness workout for people of all age, and everyone should try to hit the pool every day. While this is a regular regime for some, many are into a misconception that swimming is like child’s play. There are also those who think that swimming is not an effective form of weight loss. But the reality is that swimming is one of the best cardio exercises, and you must include it in your regular fitness regime.
And, in case you are running out of reasons to indulge in swimming, here are a few important points to convince you.
- Swimming is good for heart health: Swimming is known to provide an unparalleled conditioning of cardiovascular health if you can practice it with an untainted consistency. Even though other kinds of exercise such as running or cycling can be more effective to boost the levels of metabolism, you should include swimming in cross-training routine. Pushing yourself to swim regularly will improve the overall fitness.
- Helps in balancing the structure of muscles: Swimming aids in building longer and leaner muscles which complement the denser muscles produced from weight training. These newly formed muscles also aid in speeding up the metabolism process for keeping the calorie for burning longer.
- Swimming is an excellent form of cross-training: Swimming helps in improving the cardiovascular capacity and increase muscle strength. But the reason why swimming is famous among fitness enthusiasts is that swimming offers the much-needed break from the high impact workouts such as weight-lifting, running and basketball. It allows athletes a respite from the regular intensive routine and helps the body to heal properly without compromising the daily fitness sessions.
- Swimming helps in improving the overall flexibility of the muscles: Hitting the pool gradually relaxes the major muscle groups in the body and increase flexibility along with stretching it. If you indulge in lactic acid building workouts such as weight-lifting, cycling and running, swimming for half an hour assists in flushing out the toxins and spare the muscles from becoming tight and sore the following day.
- Assists in strengthening the core: One of the most prominent reasons why you should hit the pool regularly is that it helps in improving the core body strength. This is due to utilisation of the major muscle groups at the same time. Even though about 70 percent of the body’s effort rises from the upper portion, moves such as fin and kickboard can offer an excellent lower body workout.
To sum up, these benefits are definite to compel anyone to consider swimming on a regular basis and improve the quality of life without hurting the muscles. And in no time, you would start enjoying it too!" If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
I am age of 20 and pregnant of almost 2 months suffering from heavy headache. Before pregnancy it little headache but now a days it pains a lot, and my blood pressure also shows low, please advise.
I am more than 2 months late for my periods I had consumed 2-3 delay pills after I got my periods and got it stop I had intercourse with my partner and took ipill with 72 hrs. I took 3 pregnancy test n all were negative n my doc prescribed me meprate 10 mg once a day fr 5 days. Its been 3 days no chumps yet how long would it take to work or should I increase the dose to 2 tabts a day please help.
Diwali has just gone by and there are festivities in the air. Lots of people have gotten into the habit of having sweet tit bits at odd times and then blaming it on their sweet tooth. Is there something called as sugar addiction or is it plain bad habits? experts advise that it is probably both and one needs to just stop the intake of extra table sugar in any form.
A three week sugar free diet is said to cure the body of the sugar cravings and detox the body from sugar. But the fact is a small period of absence and then binging may create an addict-like effect. The reason is high blood sugar causes the secretion of feel-good hormones from the brain. These hormones are the same as those released by the brain after consuming street drugs like cocaine. Thus sugar can mess up the body and brain much like a very small dose of heroin.
People who are habituated to sugar either because of addiction or plain bad eating habits may get into a rhythm when they started feeling shaky, low and nervous when they miss their daily sugar fix. These symptoms occur because of low blood sugar and become more prominent as the metabolism tilts towards diabetes.
Medical research has found that people who find themselves hooked on sugar, trigger a brain reaction similar to those produced by drug addicts. The sugar gets quickly broken into glucose which is the food for the brain and triggers these reactions.
Though even vegetables, dairy and fruits also have these sugars but because of high amount of fibre in these foods, the release of glucose in the body is slow and constant whereas the glucose released by artificial stuff like candy etc is sudden and sharp. This sharp peak creates a sugar- high and seems to be the cause of trouble for our brain. Once the sugar levels drop we start craving for a sugar high again.
The high followed by a low sugar cycle needs to be broken to have a sustained energy level and it is important to avoid foods which can push us into this trap. Foods like fruits, vegetables, yogurt, corn etc should be consumed more and quick sugar foods like pastries, cakes, table sugar, jellies, donuts etc need to be consumed less in order to avoid sugar addiction.