Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Latha ZavekarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from pcod (polyscitic ovary disease. My periods occurs within the interval of 2 months. And bleeding continues whole month. My doc had suggested me to take premolt and regestrone. Plssss tell me is it safe fr me to take those medicines. I am too much confused because these are the periods control medicine and I do not wanna pause my periods fr a short interval of time. Plss help me.
There is a prevalent misconception that gynecologists are for women what urologists are for men. But urologists also deal with certain women-related health issues. These include overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, and urinary incontinence.
Following are the 5 points which every female should know:
- Women sometimes pee in their pants too: A majority of the female population between 40 and 60 suffer from either stress incontinence (when you cough, sneeze or laugh) or urgency incontinence (leaking when you want to go badly). Urologists want you to know that there are less invasive options and medications available to treat this problem.
- Recognize pelvic organ prolapse: This condition is defined by a bit of bladder, rectal, or uterine tissue bulging into your vagina. An urologist can provide non invasive options to deal with this.
- Age related factors affect both men and women: Right around the time when menopause and andropause strike, changing hormone levels affect the pelvic floor, bladder, urethra and vagina in women causing problems like urinary tract infection and incontinence. These conditions are effectively treated by an urologist who can also probe for underlying conditions like kidney stone, polyp, or tumor in severe cases.
- An overactive bladder is more common than you think: Around 40% women have to hit the bathroom every hour or so owing to this. Simple lifestyle changes like lowering the intake of caffeine and alcohol, in combination with pelvic floor exercises can solve the problem.
- Pelvic pain: If it is not gynecology then it is urology. A general pain in the pelvic region triggers a visit to the gynecologist first for most women.From menstrual cramps to ovarian cysts, all of this may well be taken care of by your gynecologist too. But when the usual culprits are not the cause for your discomfort, it's time you get the urology aspect examined thoroughly too.
Although this might come as bit of a shock for most of you, the habit of sitting, acquired or inherent can lead to a lot of physical complications. Even with adequate exercise, the practice or compulsion to sit for too long, more than six hours at a stretch to be scientifically precise, can prove to be fatal. Or in a sense, it can at least have a detrimental effect on your life span.
Studies have revealed that sitting in front of the television for an hour if you’re above 25, can lessen your life expectancy by 22 minutes. The process might take effect sooner than you think, with the development of myriad complications such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, various forms of cancer, digestive problems and other orthopedic disorders of the waist and backbone. This becomes precarious, especially for those affiliated to professions that facilitate no mobility or those leading a sedentary lifestyle by choice.
If you are engaged in a desk job which involves a lot of sitting around for long hours, you should be worried about the ills that come along with it. Besides ophthalmological disorders, obesity, painful and stiff joints, sitting can also induce further serious problems involving the heart. To avoid this, make sure you take regular breaks to get up and walk at regular intervals, a little bit of neck and stretching exercises that is affordable in the given space. Avoid sitting on your rear for more than half of the day at all costs.
Standing in a fully upright posture burns a lot of calories, so even simply standing after a period of prolonged sitting can prove beneficial. For instance, it is advisable to watch the last ten minutes of a show or match standing up. Evening walks and morning walks are a good practice to lessen the amount of time spent on the chair. Regular and habitual jogging or running regimens help in getting you out of the infamous couch potato syndrome. Make sure you sit in a correct and erect posture while working on the computer or watching the television. Avoid long hours of prolonged sitting in front of these devices at home, especially if you are already compelled to do so at office. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.
I haven't had my period since march 30th in april I had unprotected sex from the 8th to the 25th my period was suppose to come on the 27th now its may 12th and im lightly spotting brown off and on since the 9th am I pregnant if so why am I spotting.
My age is 46+, I have hepatic fibrosis, is there any life risk? How I protect my liver? Reduce fatty liver.
I have irregular period problem. And also having right ovarian simple cyst. Ovaries: Right ovary: 5.8 -4.2 cms Enlarged in size with simple cyst measuring 4.5 -3.8 cms Left ovary: 2.7-1.3 cms Normal in size and echotexture. Doctor suggested to use T.femilon for 3 months from day 5 -21 days. And I am using the medicine from last 10 days. Now I am getting so much of weakness and headache and getting pimple. I am taking food properly but still having those above mentioned problems. So please help me on this scenario to reduce that things. Thank you.
Despite them being sweet and tasty, there are no nutritional benefits to sodas whatsoever. Moreover, doctors from all over the globe have concluded that numerous health risks are linked to soda pop consumption. Here are a number of reasons to help you arrive at a more comprehensive understanding of the harmful effects of soda on your health:
- It has been scientifically backed up that drinking sodas is absolutely pointless. Because sodas have been found to contain nothing but sugar and calories, there is really no reason why you should drink soda. Further, even diet sodas have no particular nutritional value attached to them, despite the claim that they have zero to no calories.
- The sugar contained in soda often combines with bacteria present in your mouth to form certain types of acid. These, along with carbolic inherently present in carbonated sodas, work together to have a damaging influence on your teeth, leading to cavities and tooth decay.
- Sodas can also prove to be injurious to your major organs, and are associated with conditions such as chronic kidney disease, chronic liver disease and the development of metabolic syndromes.
- Because of the presence of large amounts of high fructose corn syrup, there is a greater risk of obesity. Furthermore, because of its high sugar content and its perverse effects on hormonal levels in the body, soda consumption is also associated with the development of type 2 diabetes, besides other complications like increased appetite and greater difficulty losing weight.
- Soda consumption also tends to soften bone strength and contributes to lower bone density. The presence of caffeine and phosphorus in most sodas further increases the risk of acquiring disease such as osteoporosis.
Fortunately, there are tons of options, which you can choose over soda pop. These alternative beverages will most naturally contain higher nutritional value and benefits. A few alternatives include:
- Fruit juice
- Powdered drink mixes
Packing a healthy lunch, whether for work or for school, is always a good option if you want to stay fit and healthy. Working for long hours can take a toll on your health. You should eat foods which are low in calories and fats; try and eat more veggies and fruits. Eating your lunch outside everyday can result in an upset stomach whereas home-made foods are both tasty and healthier. Here are some foods, which you should definitely consider for a healthy you.
- Sandwiches: Cheese and tomato sandwiches are a great source of protein; especially cottage cheese, as it is an awesome low fat source of protein. Tomato is good for your skin and also prevents cancer. You can also consider a healthier version by swapping mayonnaise with avocado as it is full of healthy mono saturated fats.
- Salads: Salad, especially green salad, is one of the healthiest foods you can pack for lunch. It is simple to make and is a great appetizer as well. You can also add flavour to your salads by adding lots of fruits and vegetables that you like to eat.
- Eggplant Pizza: Instead of having the greasy one, you can make your own vegetarian pizza including your favourite vegetables. You can also opt for whole wheat pita pocket rather than the heavy pizza dough. And diced eggplant acts as a rich source of fibre and potassium.
- Chicken Wraps: These are one of the best, if you are in a rush and want to eat something spicy and healthy. Chicken is also a rich source of protein; you can add some ketchup to lend some extra flavour to your wraps. You can also include frozen corns, lettuce leaves and peas if you want.
- Fruits: If you want to maintain a healthy diet, you should surely include fruits in your lunch. It decreases the appetite for the actual meal. The fructose present in the fruits gives an energy boost and the fibre creates a feeling of fullness. Since most fruits are high on dietary fibres and low on calories, they help to keep your weight in control.