Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Latha ZavekarYour feedback matters!
Agar 9 month mei movement kam ho means ho rhi h movement but kafi distance hour pr. Jaise subah hui phr dophr mei hui. Nd mujhe bhook bhi ni lg rhi h like b4.
Hello mam actually I got periods last mnth on 23rd this month am tryng for pregnancy bt mam on 19th I have puja at my hme I dnt knw whether I conceived r nt if nt I must take postpone tablets so mam wat I should do whether 2 take postpone tablets for 4 days r not when should I examine pregnancy test 2 c whether I conceived r not.
No matter what your desired weight goal may be, you should never starve yourself to lose weight. This slows down your metabolism and is counterproductive. Eating a balanced meal along with exercise is the best diet plan. However, there are some foods that should be avoided.
- Aerated drinks: Aerated drinks like sodas and soft drinks are equivalent to junk food. They do not offer any nutritional value and can lead to weight gain instead. Aerated drinks have a high sugar content that influences the blood sugar levels. Aerated drinks also often leave you feeling thirstier instead of hydrated.
- Processed foods: Processed foods should be avoided whether you are on a diet or not. They contain preservative and harmful chemicals that can harm the body. They also have a high sugar content and unhealthy fat content. Processed foods include chips, pasta, pizza, burgers, noodles and cookies that can easily be made at home using fresh, healthier ingredients.
- Added sugars: Simply eliminating sugar from your diet in the form of jams, sweets, breads and cakes can have a big impact on your weight. Added sugars do not include food that is rich in natural sugars like fruits. Manmade sugar has no nutrient value and is very high in calories. Brown sugar or honey is a much healthier alternative to processed sugar and can be used to replace it.
- Deep fried food: The healthiest of ingredients if cooked in an unhealthy manner can rid it of nutrients and pack on calories instead. Deep frying should be completely avoided if you are trying to lose weight. Deep frying makes food difficult to digest and leads to fat absorption. Instead, try grilling or steaming your food or eat it raw if possible.
- White flour: White flour can lead to high blood pressure, cholesterol and weight gain. Instead replace white flour with whole wheat flour or oats to make it healthier without interfering too much with the taste.
- Desserts: Most desserts fall into the category of food to be avoided as they are heavy on sugar content and made with white flour. Many desserts also use a lot of creams that can lead to cholesterol problems.
However, not all desserts fall into this category. Ice lollies are a viable alternative to ice creams while muffins and frosting free cupcakes made with whole wheat flour can be used to replace pastries and cakes. Chopped fresh fruits are the healthiest way to end a meal on a sweet note. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
What are the possibilities of a women getting pregnant after having unprotected sex, but after sex she had a tablet called unwanted 72?
I'm 25 years old unmarried girl (weight 33 kg. I have cyst in my right Overy which measures 5 cm. Doctor advised me to remove cyst by laparoscopy. I have used endosis tablets for 3 months. But there is no charge in size. If I remove cyst by laparoscopy, is it affect pregnancy?
After many days of period an ovulation start for pregnancy. My wife period start frm 29 may 2016 to 2 June 2016. Suggest me the right time of pregnancy after periods.
Hi I am getting pregnant with 6 week n 2 day. Please suggest me diet n exercise in these day shall I eat non veg with small quantity?
Hello sir, I married one year before, still we do not have child, recently we have check the hemoglobin level of my wife its just 5.85 only. Also I have one bad habit in childhood days and teen ages, that is masturbation. Its effects the pregnancy. Please guide me.
I wanted to ask tht my detection of B HCG In urine (pregnancy test) have been negative that mean I am not pregnant?
Having a fever makes you feel weak such that you don’t feel like doing anything. Medical treatment for flu includes usage of antiviral drugs as prescribed for decreasing the severity and duration of the infection. You may also consult your doctor to know about the antibiotics that can treat bacterial infections which may arise as an effect of flu. However, antibiotics are not always required for treating viral infections like flu. On the contrary, you can also follow a few home remedies to get rid of your suffering.
Home remedies for treating flu
You can treat flu by following a few home remedies like resting in bed and avoiding physical exertion. Hydration is very important and minor pains and aches can be relieved with over-the-counter medications as prescribed by the physician. You should avoid spreading the flu virus and germs and wash your hands often.
- Stay hydrated: You should drink ample amount of water, clear soup and fruit juices. Though flu causes appetite loss, you should not depend on water entirely, as it doesn’t contain enough amount of electrolytes that are required for your body to function optimally. Energy drinks can also help you in this respect. In case these products are not available, you can also prepare a homemade solution by mixing plain or rice water with sugar and a pinch of salt. You can also enhance the taste by adding orange juice and freshly cut bananas, and you can drink it right away irrespective of your age.
- Getting rid of cough: Though expectorants and cough suppressants would help the cough to subside, steam inhalations can also prove to be useful for opening a blocked nose. To create steam, pour water in a pot and heat it. After removing the pot from the stove, cover your head with the towel and inhale the steam. The water should be hot, but not boiling, and you can also add eucalyptus oil and few slices of ginger to the hot water. Another way is to steam up your bathroom by allowing the shower to run with hot water and inhale the moisture from the steamy room. You should refrain from touching hard surfaces where the viruses would remain alive. Sneeze and cough into a soft tissue or a handkerchief and carefully dispose of the tissues once they are used. If possible, stay away from people who have flu.
With these simple homemade tips, you would be able to control the symptoms of flu. But in case it does not subside, you shall have to seek medical assistance.
Hello, Actually my wife is suffering from PCOD disease, hormones related, I met with gynecologist and she advice me focus on her weight diet and exercise. Now I shifted in our home town for few months and last two days she feels some problem while in toilet means look. I mean to say (jalan) and urine is color is dark yellow. Same problem we face before three months ago at same place. Why is happening again and again what should I do? Now she is not taking mineral water, we are using bore well water, please suggest me
I am 27 years old married woman and I am having itching and swelling around my vagina from past 3 days. What is this?
Ydi oral sex karna kisi women ko achha lagta hai kya use oral sex kr lena chahiye kya oral sex se koe fayda hota hai ya koe nuksan bhi ho sakata hai.
I am 5th week pregnent, till now I was taking 75 mcg. How much I need to take now. If I increase will there be any problem to my fetus, please advise.
The uterine cavity has a tissue base that is known as the endometrium. When this endometrium spills over or spreads to the other parts of the reproductive organ, it begins to punch through the uterine lining. Such a condition creates complications and even infertility, and is known as endometriosis.
Read on to know more about endometriosis and how it can cause infertility.
When the endometrium tissue spreads to areas like the ovaries, and the abdominal cavity, it can lead to numerous complications. Apart from pain, this may also cause infertility. 5 to 10% of the women worldwide suffer from this condition and have trouble conceiving. Additionally, about 30 to 40% of the infertility cases are due to endometriosis, not all cases. These figures are all confirmed by various medical studies.
How does it cause infertility?
Endometriosis can prevent ovulation, which is the process that occurs every month. During the ovulation process, the ovaries release eggs that may be fertilised in order for the woman to conceive. In this condition, the fimbria of the fallopian tubes also has trouble in capturing the egg, which prevents conception from taking place. This leads to infertility in the long run. Endometriosis also interferes with the proper production of the hormones that are required for normal ovulation and fertilisation of the egg.
Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the condition can be done with the help of lab tests and ultrasounds as well as imaging tests that can create the image of the womb and the endometrium lining. This will help in showing the severity and damage caused by the tissue. A surgical procedure called a laparoscopy may be carried out by the doctor to ascertain whether the patient is suffering from this condition. In this procedure, a small incision will be made and a camera will be inserted to view the insides on a screen, to learn more about the tissue’s spread and the kind of treatment that will be required. The doctor will also diagnose the condition on the basis of various symptoms like irregular and heavy bleeding.
Treatment for endometriosis associated with infertility needs to be individualized for each woman. There are no easy answers, and treatment decisions depend on factors such as the age of the woman, the severity of the disease and its location in the pelvis, the length of infertility, and the presence of pain or other symptoms. Some general issues regarding treatment are discussed below.
Treatment for Mild Endometriosis
Medical (drug) treatment can suppress endometriosis and relieve the associated pain in many women. Surgical removal of lesions by laparoscopy might also reduce the pain temporarily.
However, several well-controlled studies have shown that neither medical or surgical treatment for mild endometriosis improving the pregnancy rates for infertile women as compared to expectant management (no treatment).
For treatment of infertility associated with mild to moderate endometriosis, controlled ovarian hyperstimulation with intrauterine insemination - IUI is often attempted and has a reasonable chance to result in pregnancy if other infertility factors are not present.
Details about IUI success rates with endometriosis
IUI and endometriosis
Success rates with IUI for endometriosis have been variable in studies, showing:
- A pregnancy rate of 6.5% for women with endometriosis vs. 15.3% per cycle for unexplained infertility
- A pregnancy rate of 5.6% for women with advanced endometriosis vs. 22.7% per cycle for mild endometriosis vs. 25.7% for no endometriosis
- Pregnancy chances with insemination for natural cycle IUIs (no drugs) with endometriosis are about 2% per cycle vs. 11% with injectables plus IUI for endometriosis
Treatment for severe endometriosis
Several studies have shown that medical treatment for severe endometriosis does not improve pregnancy rates for infertile women.
Unfortunately, infertility in women with severe endometriosis is usually resistant to treatment with ovarian stimulation plus intrauterine insemination. If the pelvic anatomy is very distorted, artificial insemination is unlikely to be successful. These women often require in vitro fertilization in order to conceive.
Although the studies of in vitro fertilization for women with severe endometriosis do not all show similar results, pregnancy success rates are usually good if the woman is relatively young (under 40) and if she produces enough eggs during the ovarian stimulation.