Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. LathaYour feedback matters!
Is there any treatment of floaters in front of eyes? I am 25 years old and m too much worried because I can not tolerate this thing please suggest me.
No vomiting but eye pains and vision problem is there and also I have spake i.e. Having spherical and cylindrical number and the said problem is from 3-4 months.
Hii I am a IT professional works on laptop more than 15 hours for freshness what is better option tea or coffee? Other thing is how I care of my eyes?
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
I have a red eye from last two weak I tried various method but nothing work out only I got little improve.
Last 4 to 5 days my friend Nabin eye color is yellow type. At present what is the best way to cure his eyes?
I have yellow eye from last few days and lightly fever or body feel weakness. What is the solution of this problem?
My brother is having tears from his eyes at least four times a day. Sometimes, he is having pain and now he can't see distant objects clearly. Is there any treatment without using any lenses?
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes from over 3 days because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my health.
I am 13 years old and I am suffering from cold and bronchitis. What can I do . What medicine can I take.
I am suffering from physical problem. My body is not fit .my eye sight is poor. What should I do so that I can get a good body.
I am 24 years old. I have congenial nystagmus and that's the reason I need to tilt n turn my head to get a clear view/picture. I have consulted various doctors but I haven't found anything stable. Once of my doctors gives me homeopathic meds of which I have seen results Please help me understand if this is curable and is there any surgery by which it could be rectified. I HV been through a lot of teasing n stuff n i think I wanna get done with it once n for all
I have red eye since last seven week. I have some problem on my vision. I have head pain also. What should I have to do doctor?
I have a headache for several days continuously it also causes the eyes vision problem that means its makes my eyes vision very poor, so please what I do, you help me.
With everything requiring a computer to execute, more and more people end up looking at the computer screen for hours on end. This could range anywhere from a couple of hours to really long hours like 16 to 18. The effect of is a group of symptoms, which are collectively known as computer vision syndrome or CVS (syndrome means a collection of symptoms). The cause of this is the strain and pain resulting from constant staring at the monitor.
It is a type of repetitive stress injury, where a particular organ, the eye here, is subjected to repeated action (staring at a monitor) resulting in a group of symptoms. This is also compounded by age, where the flexibility to adjust to near and far vision is gradually reduced.
Symptoms of CVS:
There is no damage per se, but a constant strain on the eyes leads to:
- Blurred vision
- Double vision
- Dryness of the eyes
- Redness of the eyes
- Irritation of the eyes
- Headaches and neck/back aches
This could be a progressive condition, where the symptoms get worse with time. Treatment is definitely an option once the problem sets in, but this is a condition which can be definitely prevented with some simple, effective steps.
- Desk arrangement: Make sure the desk or monitor is slightly below eye level, about 30 inches away from the face. If you are straining the neck or the back to look at the monitor, it requires a change. The chair also can be changed in height to suit the seating. Also, prints can be pinned to the workstation when something is being typed, so constantly looking up and down while typing is avoided.
- Screen type: Move away from the older tube-style monitor with an LCD screen, which is easier on the eye. Check the computer settings so that brightness, contrast, and font size and shape and contrast are altered to suit your convenience. Ensure you are not requiring to strain to read.
- Alter the lighting: Look around you, and ensure there is adequate lighting with no glares on the monitor from surrounding windows or bright lights. A glare filter on the monitor is an effective way to manage this.
- Rest your eyes: Follow the 20-20-20 rule, with a 20-second break every 20 minutes where you look at something 20 feet away.
- Keep them moist: Blink your eyes constantly to ensure there is enough moisture. Eye drops can be used if required additionally.
- Frequent breaks: Not just your eyes, this also reduces strain on the neck and the back.
- Regular eye checkups: An annual visit, especially after 40, is a must for optimal eye health.