Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Latha
Submit a review for Dr. LathaYour feedback matters!
I had multiple cysts in my both breasts when they were diagnosed in mammography before 3 years but doctor said its not harmful but now they remain two on both sides but on my left breast its paining badly n not bearable if they r not harmful then why they pain too much.
I have done my cancer Screening Test for my father. Details as below. RBC Count - 4.18 neutrophil - 32 LYMPHOCYTES - 61 Absolute Lymphocyte count - 6124 Immunoassay (CEA) CLIA method - 3.20 CA 19.9 (Pancreatic Cancer anti) - 47.40 Blood Sugar With Fasting - 165 Without Fasting - 187 Urine Glucose - Present HbA1c - 9.4 Lipid Profile Triglycerides (GPO) - 1125 Cholesterol - 265 VLDL cholesterol - 138.7 Total Cholesterol - 6.42 Liver Function GGT - 145 Immunoassay TSH - Thyroid Stimulating Hormone - 48.57 Vit B12 - 55 Vit D - 19.44 ECG - Normal. Above references are only for abnormal numbers. If required can send reports for complete reference. Please need your consultation for further treatment.
Ayurveda takes a holistic and in-depth approach, when it comes to the treatment of cancer. Ayurveda considers several factors such as nature of the patient, tissues being affected, and the body energies involved in aggravating the condition of malignancy. Ayurveda aims at bringing the whole system in harmony, so that cancer can be permanently cured and does not recur in future. The body is thoroughly purified from toxins by cleaning the blood through ayurvedic herbs, administration of detoxification diet, deploying lifestyle changes and suppressing negative emotion that might be hampering the spirit of an individual.
Common Ayurvedic approach to treat cancer:
- Refraining from lifestyle and food that leads to the imbalance of tridosha (vata, pitta, and Kapha).
- Elimination of toxin from the body through the process of Panchakarma.
- Rejuvenating the body through Rasayanas.
- Restoration of digestive power through the extensive use of Ayurvedic herbs.
- Meditation, Pranayama, yoga, etc to ensure personal healing.
- Ayurvedic medicines to negate the effect of radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
- Curcuma Capsules: This supplement is prepared from the herb Curcuma Longa, having rich medicinal properties. Its anti-oxidic nature helps in reducing free radicals, and increases the overall immunity of the body. 1-2 capsules can immensely help to fix malignant tumors.
- Kachnaar Guggul: This is a supplement that is produced by mixing a number of herbs such as kachnar bark, bibhitaki, black pepper, varuna, ginger, haritaki, pippali etc. Consuming two tablets a day, can help a malignant tumor patient to keep the tissues and cells healthy.
- Chanderprabha Vati: This is a supplement that comprises of a mixture of herbs including Shilajit, Vacha, Kapoor, Amla, Haridra, etc. Consuming 2 capsules twice a day can ensure that the cancer cells don't spread to other parts of the body, and the mind gets relaxed.
Ayurvedic recommendation on diet for Cancer patients: Ayurveda suggests consuming cooked vegetables such as carrots, turnips, asparagus, bitter gourd, green leafy vegetables, Brussel, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, etc. Fruits such as kiwi, bananas, mangoes, strawberries, peaches, guava are life saviours for cancer patients. To ensure that the body gets enough protein and carbohydrate, food items such as eggs, lean meat, nuts, chickpeas noodles, corn, dairy products, honey, etc should be consumed. Ayurveda strongly suggests refraining from deep fried food, excessive salt, ham, pickles, processed and oily food etc. Furthermore, one must eschew alcohol and other caffeinated drinks as well.
Lifestyle changes suggested by Ayurveda: To lead a healthy life, Ayurveda strongly suggests patients suffering from cancer to daily practice yoga, drink plenty of water, timely consumption of food, sufficient sleep, and less stress are important to stay fit. These key requisites ensure that ayurvedic medicines and therapies, work in tandem towards curing a person from within.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi Doc's. I want to know that, I need to take blood cancer test so for that I need a doctors prescription or something? What test I should take if prescription not needed and this test will tell me about cancer symptoms and all in my body?
My grandmother is suffering from breast cancer stage 4 ,only one of the breast is growing up and the other is normal, are there any chances for the tumour to burst up what should we do, surgical procedure may not be a good option as the metastasis occurred and she have pain in her right pelvic girdle so could you please suggest something, can surgical removal of breast help her?
My father has suffering duodenum cancer stage III. In PET ct report reveals it has not spread any organs but it is inoperable so please advice what treatment is best for us.
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ at the base of the urinary bladder and urethra is a thin tube that carries urine out of the penis. It runs through the prostate gland. A fluid produced by this gland helps to carry sperms produced by the testes outside during intercourse.
Following things can be done for maintaining a healthy prostate:
- Eat fruits and vegetables - Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
- Have selenium-rich foods - Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
- Workout to stay fit - Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
- Have more soy products - Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.