Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. LathaYour feedback matters!
Is that mandatory to stay with wife when she is 7th months pregnant. Do we need to have intercourse some time for normal delivery. Please advice.
I am 18 years old with pcos, taken femilon for one year to regularise periods. After stopping, I have not got periods for over two months now. Should I wait or should I continue with femilon. Is it safe to take femilon for many years regularise.
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID) refers to the unexplained and sudden death of a seemingly hale and hearty baby. This condition tends to occur when the baby is asleep and that's why it's also known as crib death. Although the reason for the condition is still not known, many experts have attributed the cause of the condition to abnormal development in the parts of the baby's brain that oversees breathing and awakening from sleep. Nonetheless, there are ways that can prevent the problem from occurring and which are:
- Always place your baby on the back to sleep - Sleeping on the back is the safest position that your baby should be in, whenever he or she sleeps. You shouldn't let your child sleep on the sides as he or she can roll onto the stomach, and may hamper the breathing process. You can place your baby on the stomach when he or she is awake.
- Place your baby on a firm surface to sleep sans of any objects - It's best to place your baby on a firm mattress to sleep while avoiding thick and feather padding like a thick comforter. At the same time, objects like toys, stuffed animals or pillows should be removed from the crib as they may get in the way of your child's breathing by pressing on his or her face.
- Make sure your baby doesn't become very hot - For keeping your baby warm during sleep, it's best to opt for sleep clothing or blanket made of light material so that it doesn't make him or her feel very hot. If using a blanket, it should be placed loosely over the baby and one should also remember to not cover the baby's head during sleep.
- Use a pacifier - Research suggests that the use of the pacifier can reduce a baby's chance of dying from SIDS. This is because the pacifier helps in preventing the baby from rolling over onto his or her stomach during sleep. At the same time, it's also believed that the instrument helps in keeping the baby's tongue positioned in a manner that keeps his or her airways open.
- Breastfeed your baby - Breastfeeding your baby for a minimum of 6 months can help in preventing the occurrence of SIDS. Several studies have revealed this beneficial aspect of breastfeeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Yesterday we had unprotected sex. We do not want any trouble to avoid any trouble can we use UNWANTED-72 or any other pills like this? We are in tension since last night Please suggest what we should do.
I would recommend everyone to take all meals on time. Do not skip any meals. Skipping meals is not good, not healthy as well as it does not help you to reduce weight. First thing in the morning start your day with fruits and curry leaves. Take your last meal till 8p. M. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
I am having extreme itching in vagina - vulva since 4-5 months tried everything for yeast infection not going, not able to tolerate, it has become sore and painful.
I'm 45 days pregnant and my weight is 67 kg S it normal during pregnancy are should I lose my weight S it good fr my baby please suggest me.
My elder brother is 26 years old and his wife age is 30 years old, their marriage 5 years ago but they have no children, all reports of both are normal what is the next way they should do?
Hello Doctor, last week at night I was sleeping with my cousin brother his age only 10 years. While sleeping at midnight he started to remove my top and started to lick my breast. But I was unable to stop him as I was enjoying .then later he started to lick my vagina .so I got awake and stopped him .but at 3 am I was unable to control .and kissed him. Then he undressed me completely. And inserted his penis inside me and had hard sex with me . Once I rubbed his penis and observed that he is unable to cum .I think he is not matured yet. So im having sex with him daily. But today I sucked his penis . Suddenly I got mouthful of sperms in my mouth .now I'm confused will I get pregnant or not ?
Main ek bacchhe ki maa hoon 5 years old abh mujhe doosra bachha ke liye conceive krna chaiye ki nahi.
Had sex in the morning and used the contraceptive pill in afternoon and again had sex immediately after the pill was taken. Can doing sex immediately after using contraceptive pill cause pregnancy? (within half an hour after using pill)
I want to know that how safe doing sex before period (means kitne din pehle hona chaiye )and after periods. And for good health (kidney din mei hone chahiye in a week or in a month.)
Sir I had unprotected sex before two days of periods with my wife after 24 hrs I gave unwanted 72 pill to my wife but still after 14 days she does not have periods please tell whether she is pregnant or not.
People do ask this question to me so many times.
But this s not true, yes there may be difficulty in getting pregnant after 35 years but not true that always you will end sterile.
The fact is that each woman will be born with fixed number of eggs in her ovary at birth, after which with each menses eggs number start decreasing year after year, and above age 35 it decreases very fast. So some patients may not become pregnant or may face difficulty in getting pregnant.
But with latest treatment modalities like ivf you can become pregnant, so please do consult infertility consultant and get treated as early as possible or else you will be left with donor ovum option only.
Please feel free to talk to me.