Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Latchumanadhas KYour feedback matters!
I want know how to control high blood pressure? I am having from last 4 yrs. I take covamlo tblt daily 1.
With recent lifestyle changes, more and more people, younger in age, are falling prey to heart attacks. While some silently suffer the attack during their sleep and never wake up, others have symptoms which they dismiss as acidity or muscular pain and ignore them. There are multiple media programs that are trying to create awareness about how to identify a heart attack. If done at the right time, there is a good chance that the person can be saved.
What is a Heart Attack?
The blood vessels gradually narrow, reducing the blood flow to the target organs. This reduces the efficiency of the target organ, and if this happens to be the heart, it is known as a heart attack. The area that should ideally receive blood does not, leading to its “death.” If the damage is not severe, it can be reversed. However, if this attack happens in one of the critical areas of the heart, it can even be fatal.
Symptoms To Watch For: Very few attacks happen suddenly. Most start slowly and progress, and if identified on time, a life can be saved. The episode takes about an hour, and if you are well-versed with the symptoms, it could help identify the condition correctly and save a life. Most people use antacids and muscle relaxants to ease the situation, which does provide immediate relief, but not a proper cure.
Chest discomfort: There is a central pain which is constant, nagging, and has a squeezing like sensation. This causes discomfort and most often, this pain is in the center of the chest area, which lasts for just a few minutes. Sometimes the pain can go and come back. This pain radiates down into the arm, up into the neck area, and also into the jaw and is almost always indicative of a heart attack.
There is almost always profused sweating where the person breaks into a cold sweat.
Due to reduced return of blood from the peripheral organs, there could be swelling of the feet and ankles.
Irregular heart beat: If there is irregular heart beat (palpitations) very often, talk to your doctor about it.
When you suspect a person of having a heart attack, check for these signs. Very often, a heart attack is detectable and can be managed with timely intervention. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
Hi, I am 53 years old and having BP for last 10 years and Diabetic for last 6 yrs. Currently my fasting is 297/ PP is 402, and HBA1c is 10.2, Last almost 3 years my sugar has gone up drastically I am taking Azulix 2 MF thrice a day and Pinorm 20 in morning and cilaheart 10 at night with clopitab cv 10. Please advice how I can can notrol my sugar properly.
My mother age 45 (taking treatment for hyper thyroid and b.p) is having urticaria,(itching) and she took levocetirizine 5 mg ,it worked very well, so how much dose and for how much duration she has to take it for complete cure safely, pls answer.
My symptoms are as follows, I have pain in my neck, I have stiffness and pain in the left side of my neck with pain going down through my shoulder, under my arm pit, upper arm, and pain, numbness, burning sensations and tingling in my lower arm. Pain in left wrist with numbness in my 4th and 5th fingers and lower part of my hand extending back up my arm. I have this Symptoms since 15 days day and night continuously. And high blood pressure. I was sent from the Gp to who sent me to a neurologist,
I'm worried because several relatives in my family have had heart attacks. How can I tell if I'm at risk for heart disease?
I am having diabetics fasting 105 and post 130. I am taking Glimstar M1 once in a day. Also i have cholestrol 205. I am taking medicine genovast 10. What food I should follow to have control for both diabetics and cholestrol
Hello sir, I am suffering from chest pain and my body feels so much tired please suggest me how I cure it.
Muje kbi kbi chest mai left side bahut dard hota hai .or is pain fir mai kuch movement ni kr pati thik se. Ek dum se pain start hota h fir kuch tym bad mere sone k baad thik ho jata hai. Aisa kis wajah se hota hai muje.
Hello madam, I am 27 Yrs old. Mujhe last 2 Months pehle chest ke left side me dard tha thoda sa jayse koi cheez chub rahi hai magar bahot kam or alag lalag jagha. Usi bheech hamaye compound me 2 log off ho gay attack se. Me ye soch kr bahot dar gaya or doctor ke pas gaya unhone E.C.G Kiya normal tha blood check kiya normal tha doctor ne kaha gais hai. Ab mujhe kahi dard nhi hota sirf 3 din hua. But ab problem ye h ki jayse koi sote hue insaan jo achanak jaga de mere sine me waysi ghabrahat or be chaini lagi rehti h or saans lene me bhi problem hai din bhar dimag me yahi ghumta h kahi mujhe ye to nhi kahi mujhe woh to nhi hartbeet khud hi mehsus hoti h 2 Months se bahot pareshan hun plzz help me. Thanks.
Hi, From past 3 week, whenever I am having my breakfast lunch or dinner, after some time I used to belch a lot and there was burning sensation too in chest. And one more thing I am gaining lot of weight and from 65 to 71 kg, and my stomach is also coming out. Can you please suggest me how to cope out from these?
DOCTOR I have a problem of fear I always feel afraid and my heart beats continuously beats always What should I do doctor Help me.
I am feeling a burning sensation in my chest (left side) from last 1 Yr. Got xray and ECG done but got out nothing. In the past 2-3 days it has increased and also started in the right side. Also I have to constantly spit due to excess formation of sputum. I got a waters view xray done and was diagnosed with chronic right maxillary sinusitis. I took antibiotics for 15 days on doctors advice (ent specialist, but still the problem is there. I don't know whether the problems are inter-related or not. Also I feel headache sometimes. - summary 1) chest pain 2) sputum formation 3) headache. please advice.
I am 34 years old and suffering from abnormal sugar levels. Most of the times pasting levels are 60-110. But post lunch levels are 150-200. I am not taking any medicine. I feel week and fainting frequently. If I delay lunch half an hour I get sweating and shivering. Once I checked at evening around 5 or 6 pm my sugar levels erre around 70. When I visited doctor he told no problem.
46 yrs female taking 50 mg thyronom daily, drise sachet 1/week, gotwholebody tests done by wellness path are on 10 may 15. Disturbed factors are ast 42, ldh serum is 358, bun is 6.30, calcium serum is 8.22, triglycerides 279, hdl 28.1, vldl 46.7, ldl/hdl is 2.28, hba1c is 5.8, tsh is 7.11 (without med that day, urine test ph is 5, vitamin d 25 hydroxy is 17.6. I feel too tired, persisting lower backache, knee pain, not able to walk bare footed on floor, lethargic, demotivated.
I am an smoker I have cough problem. I have problem of gases indigestion. because of gases I feel chest pain please guide me.
Homeopathy is a method of treatment, which is based on the fact that symptoms of a certain disease, if induced in small quantities, may help cure the same disease in a sick person. Cardiological disorders are complications of the heart; they can range from various disorders, such as heart attack or irregular heartbeats.
Homeopathic remedies are based on naturally occurring substances and are given to the patients in a diluted form. These remedies trigger the symptoms in small quantities and heal the body.
The various homeopathic treatments for cardiological disorders are:
- Latrodectus: This treatment is used to treat symptoms of precordial pain in the body.
- Aurum metallicum: Aurum metallicum is used in treating symptoms of weakness in the muscles of the heart.
- Aconitum:This treatment is used when a person is having a heart attack.
- Spigelia: Spigelia is used in the treatment of irregular heartbeats which may cause sharp pain in the chest.
- Cactus grandiflorus: This treatment is used in treating angina pectoris, which is characterized by symptoms of pain caused by decreased blood flow to the heart.
- Crataegus oxyacantha: This homeopathic treatment is used in treating coronary insufficiency in people. This disorder cause problems in heartbeat.
- Digitalis: This homeopathic treatment is used in treating cardiac muscle failure. This disorder causes palpitation, tightness in the heart muscles and a suffocating sensation.
- Kalmia latifolia: This treatment is effective in treating cardiac hypertrophy, which causes the heart muscle to thicken, resulting in size reduction of the ventricles. This treatment is very effective in treating cardiac hypertrophy that results after rheumatism.
- Glonoinum: This homeopathic treatment is prescribed to treat symptoms of plaque buildup in the artery, which cause hypertension. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I am suffering from fever from a week, And having pain in my both knees, And chest too so what medicine should I take? Or what is the treatment without taking medicines?
Since blood is part of the cardiovascular system, and diabetes is a condition in which the level of glucose in the blood is higher than normal, then is certainly some relationship between the two.
Diabetes and cardiovascular system diseases has been recognized to be closely related to each other due to the so-called insulin resistance syndrome or metabolic syndrome. Some examples of the commonly diagnosed cardiovascular disease are coronary heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure and other heart conditions.
Diabetes is considered a major risk factor in cardiovascular diseases. Other factors that contribute to the possibility of acquiring cardiovascular diseases in diabetic patients include hypertension, smoking, and dyslipidemia.
How Diabetes Causes Cardiovascular Problems?
- Hypertension: Hypertension in diabetes is considered a major contributor to the increase in mortality from cardiovascular diseases. Diabetic patients, especially those with Type 2, need to always have their blood pressure checked every visit to the doctor. Self-monitoring at home is also a must to maintain and control the rise of blood pressure. The American Diabetes Association recommends a target blood pressure of not more than 130/85 mm Hg to maintain a good level of blood pressure.
- Arteriosclerosis and Atherosclerosis: Arteriosclerosis is the stiffening or hardening of the artery walls while Atherosclerosis is the narrowing of the artery because of plaque build-up. Atherosclerosis is a form of hardening of the blood vessels/arteries, caused by fatty deposits and local tissue reaction in the walls of the arteries. Diabetes is a documented high risk factor for the development of both Atherosclerosis &amp; Arteriosclerosis . Heart disease and stroke, arising mainly from the effects of atherosclerosis, account for 65 percent of deaths among diabetics.
- Hyperglycemia: Hyperglycemia means high (hyper) glucose (gly) in the blood (emia). Your body needs glucose to properly function. Your cells rely on glucose for energy. Hyperglycemia is a defining characteristic of diabetes, when the blood glucose level is too high because the body isn't properly using or doesn't make the hormone insulin. There is a growing recognition that diabetes belongs to a special category of risk factors because it markedly increases risk of CVD. This increase is partly the result of the pernicious effects of persistent hyperglycemia on the vasculature and partly due to the coexistence of other metabolic risk factors.
- Smoking: Smoking has been determined dangerous to our health. Studies show that smoking indeed increase risk of premature death and cardiovascular disease in diabetic patients.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Atrial Fibrillation means an irregular and rapid heart rate which can increase the risk of stroke, heart failure and other cardiac issues. Individuals with diabetes are at an increased risk of developing atrial fibrillation. This risk is higher among patients with a longer duration of treated diabetes and poorer glycemic control.
Individuals with insulin resistance or diabetes in combination with one or more of these risk factors are at even greater risk of heart disease or stroke. However, by managing their risk factors, patients with diabetes may avoid or delay the development of heart and blood vessel disease. Your health care provider will do periodic testing to assess whether you have developed any of these risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.