Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lalitha JanakiramanYour feedback matters!
Hello My son is 4 yrs. He is suffering from abdominal pain since Saturday night. Doctor gave an antibiotic and pain killer. But no relief the pain infact got worse. Today we did ultrasound as suggested. Reports were not good. It says following suggested findings: Ileo ileal intussusception Mesenteric lymphadenopathy Cystitis I don't know what it is actually and consulted few docs. Some says surgery would be required whereas some says surgery not required. doesn't vomit, stool is good too. The only problem is pain. Please suggest I want to wait for few days if he improves with medicines only. Right now he is taking Anafortan, zenflox plus and aristozyme. Doc today evening gave him a pain injection as well.
My son age is 3 years old. during this climate he is suffering with breathing problem. He could not able to sleep during mid night and we jabe consulted 2 doctors, they are alll changing the syrup but not effective. Hence finally we went to another doctor he told that it will be cured in 2 days. So we are happy that our son felt better but after that we came to know that that the nebiloser put was contain steroid. Now can we use steroid for our child in this age.please help.
My baby is of 3 years & 8 months old. He is not going to potty from the last days. Even if he go, he will do it in small. He is facing this problem frequently kindly suggest medication.
My baby is 1 year old and her weight is 6.7 KG only, as she is active, she play well, nothing have history problem also nothing have any illness still weight not gain. Is this a worry subject or is there any other thing I need to do, please suggest.
I am 40 years old. I had little enquiry my son 14 years old he had constipation problem from which sometimes he faces hyper acidity, stomach ache, n sometime vomiting due to hyperacidity. Pimples on his face do let know any medicine regarding this. Thanks.
My father in law is detected as gall bladder cancer spread to liver and other organ. Doctor told he may live for few months. We are giving Ayurveda treatment to him . He is feeling better . But he is getting weak day by day. Please help me.
Hi, My son is 2.8 years old and weight 12 kgs. He doesn't eat at all. Not even chocolates, ice cream and such eatables. Many times he vomits his food. His doctor says its just due to gas. But he has not gained weight from few months. He looks very thin. Can I give him pediasure?
2. Mix 4-5 drops of badam rogan oil in warm milk daily. This would also help to remove constipation in children.
Hi, My daughter is 5 years & 6 months old, suffering from fever since last 3 hours and headache. I am from bangalore. She had taken breakfast in the morning. Little cold and cough.
My son is not having food properly and his stomach looks as its full. When we are trying to feed him he feels as if he will vomit.
Hi doctors. My son is now 5 years old. And he is suffering from skin problem from the age of his 10months. Ulcer type occers on his skin and he itched it. And blood comesout from there (mostly at legs and hands. Doctors says its a tropical ezeima. Please do help.
Here are some important tips for baby growth from 6-12 months
To help your children protect their teeth and gums and greatly reduce their risk of getting cavities, teach them to follow these simple steps:
1. Brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste to remove plaque-the sticky film on teeth that's the main cause of tooth decay.
2. Floss daily to remove plaque from between your teeth and under the gumline, before it can harden into tartar. Once tartar has formed, it can only be removed by a professional cleaning.
3. Eat a well-balanced diet that limits starchy or sugary foods, which produce plaque acids that cause tooth decay. When you do eat these foods, try to eat them with your meal instead of as a snack-the extra saliva produced during a meal helps rinse food from the mouth.
4. Use dental products that contain fluoride, including toothpaste. Make sure that your children's drinking water is fluoridated. If your water supply; municipal, well or bottled does not contain fluoride, your dentist or pediatrician may prescribe daily fluoride supplements. Take your child to the dentist for regular checkups.
Sir, How we treat the 2 year old male child weight of 6 kg. With oedema & how we investigate him for oedema?
My son is about 8 years old. He is very good in gymnastics, taekwondo, sports etc. Very active. But he is thin. I want him to put on more weight and become little chubby. Please suggest some good food, nutrients, etc so that he puts on some weight. Thanks.
Depression in children is not a very uncommon phenomenon. But if the feeling of sadness persists over a period of time with little or no change to their behavior, then it can be seen as a symptom of depression. Children who are suffering from depression need immediate and utmost care as negligence may cause severe long term effects on the child. Read on to find more about them.
Symptoms that indicate childhood depression vary. Some of the different symptoms which indicate depression are:
- Social withdrawal
- Feeling of worthlessness
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Reduced ability to function during events
- Continuous feelings of sadness
- Physical complaints
- Depression in children can be caused due to the combination of a multitude of reasons.
- Children from a family history of depression are more likely to be suffering from depression.
- Similarly if the parents suffer from depression then it is more than likely that the child will also suffer from depression.
- Children from conflicted families or children and teens who are prone to substance or alcohol abuse can suffer from depression.
- Reasons such as physical health, environment, genetic vulnerability or biochemical disturbance can lead to depression.
The treatment process of depression in children is similar to that of adults and can be treated with psychotherapy and medication. If your child is depressed consult a general physician who after his or her diagnosis may refer you to a psychiatrist. The medical specialist will recommend psychotherapy.
In some instances, a child suffering from depression maybe be suicidal. Parents are advised to be vigilant and observe certain behavioral changes that the child may have adapted to or suddenly switched to.
Some of the signs are mentioned below:
- Changes in eating, sleeping or activities
- Isolating oneself even from family
- Talking of suicide, feeling helpless or hopeless
- Increased risk taking behavior
- Substance abuse
- Giving away possessions
Sessions at first and then opt for antidepressant medication if no significant progress is seen. The best results often result from a combination of prescribed medication along with multiple sessions of psychotherapy.