Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Lalitha GaneshYour feedback matters!
Hi. Am student of computer science I have to sit for many hours. My eyes starts itching and sometimes I do get the headache. I thought it may be for migraine and took the prescribed medicine. But the problem still continues. What should I do.
Problems in vision are a common occurrence these days; various factors such as spending a lot of time looking at smartphones and computers are a major cause of these problems. There are various natural remedies which can help you improve your eyesight, they are:
- Wash, especially after coming back from outside, your eyes regularly: Washing your eyes regularly with water helps in clearing out debris from the eyes and relaxing the eye muscles.
- Eat Healthy: Eating a healthy diet that has lots of fruits and vegetables are good for the eyes as they contain important nutrients such as vitamin A. You should include foods such as carrots, fish oil, cabbage and eggs in your diet.
- Carrots: Carrots are a good source of phosphorus, calcium, vitamin A and iron which are very good for your eyesight. You may consume carrot in the form of juices or salads.
- Almonds and other nuts:Nuts such as almonds and walnuts are rich in antioxidants which are beneficial for the eyes.
- Walk barefoot: Walking barefoot on green grass is therapeutic for your eyes as it enhances your eye power. It is recommended you walk early in the morning to get maximum benefits.
- Eye exercises: You should do various eye exercise to improve your eyesight as these exercises help in rejuvenating muscles of the eye. The muscles in the eye are strengthened which leads to better vision.
- Triphala remedy: This is a treatment that combines three herbal fruits which treat various eye disorders, eye weaknesses and hair problems. Triphala helps in eliminating toxins from your body and make your eyes healthy.
- Reduce screen time: Avoid extra working hours on computers and mobiles as far as possible. Especially playing video games. This can save you from computer vision syndrome.
- Avoid frequent rubbing of eyes: This habit can lead to frequent infections and shedding of eyelashes . Also, this is one of the causes of dark circles.
- Proper sleep: Importance of proper rest to the eyes cannot be denied and is equally important in general wellbeing.
Lastly, if anything is bothering your eyes seek help immediately before the problem increases.
I'm 20 years old. In bright light, I saw some eye floaters in the field of my vision only in one eye. Actually I use computer about 9-10 hours regularly, is that a reason for this? What are remedies for this?
I have red eyes for over two days. What should I do? And I have problem in my stomach. Please tell me what should I do?
Am unable to sleep during examzz. It takes for me to fal in slep 2 hours frm d tym of I close my eyes. I can't concentrate. During exams due to this wat do I do?
I am suffering frm eye pain from past 2 days. Very pain and red colour with left eye. Right eye with normal pain. I think this is madras eye/any other infection. I don't no perfectly. But in left eye fully pain with water .Pls help me.
My eyesight is left 2.0 rgt 2.75 feeling irrigation in eyes I think the jelly substance I.e vitreous humor is drying. What should I do? In mirror I see white spots or thin layer around my eyelids.
I am 17 years old and I have problems in my eyes when I started study continue 5 years my eye became silly red give an advice due to what I have done to this.
I get swelling over my left eye every time. And I also get very high fever. What should I do. My head is also aching.
As I asked about his lasik operation after correcting his cylindrical and spherical eye along with retina rectification I want to remove his spectacles please advise me properly.
I have pain in left side vain of brain. This pain is connecting with left eyes. This pain became anytime of week. Please suggestion.
- Keep a check that computer screen is at least 18-26 inch away from your eyes.
- Arrange lighting to minimize glare and reflection.
- Remember to blink often to keep your eyes moist.