Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lalitha DevadasonYour feedback matters!
Last month I took an Ipill which was within the advises 72 hours of having sex. Then I got slight bleeding two days back and took another Ipill yesterday as my partner and I didn't use protection. I was pregnant and went through an abortion a few months ago. Now I've taken 3 home pregnancy tests which show positive. I also feel slightly feverish and nauseous. I've also been taking dulco flex because I have bad constipation. Could this be a false pregnancy scare or could I be pregnant? And why am I bleeding randomly?
Me and my girlfriend did sex on 18th July its our first time that's why I accidentally used expired condom and by mistake I roll it from wrong side but I unroll it and once again roll it from right side that's why for safety reason my girlfriend took the ipill in 6 Hour and her periods done also on timely means 31 July (after 26 Days from previous) but little much heavy from regular periods. Her next period done also on correct time (after 28 Days) but not much as regular periods is this ok or not and is there any chance of pregnancy?
My wife is 27 years old. She has cyclical breast pain and sometimes non cyclical paid specially her left breast. Please suggest what should do.
I am suffering from mild PCOD. Today was 1st session of my treatment. I'm consulting homeopathic for this. Is it ok or should I consult an endocrinologist as per my family doc suggestion. What should I do, I'm highly tensed.
Do use of contraceptives like ipill cause any severe side effect. Can it be taken after intercourse and does it give effective protection against pregnancy?
I have missed my periods. Its been delayed by 3 days. Am I pregnant? Pls suggest medicine for not getting pregnant.
I am 20 years old. Mujhe kbhi bhi time par periods nhi aate he. Doctor se bhi check up krwaya pr kchh bhi effect nhi pada. Always time se pehle aate h kbhi 7 days ya 10 days pehle. Or bohot painful periods hote h. Us time pure body me pain hota he or bhukh bhi nhi lgti he.
Is Anal sex natural? My partner wants to try it but I am hesitating as I have heard tht it's something not natural and very painful too. How to eliminate pain while doing it.
Homeopathy can very well dissolve gall stones of small and medium sizes, and relieve the gall bladder and body permanently from the pain, suffering and complications coming from gall stones. One of the benefits of homeopathic treatment for gall stones is that your gall bladder does not need removal, and being an important organ for producing digestive enzymes, it is better to keep it in your body. The other benefit is that you get a side effect-free treatment, which is completely efficient and practical, and costs really low compared to other modes of treatments and surgeries.
But before one goes for a homeopathic treatment, a complete evaluation of the patient’s case history must be done so that the right medicine can be given as per the case, history, severity etc. Here is a quick look at the commonly used homeopathic medicines, which doctors, depending on your case history, may prescribe for your gall stone.
Homeopathic medicines used for treating gall stones
- Calcarea carbonica: If you have a family history of kidney and gall stones, are anxious and slow, overweight with high deposits of triglycerides and cholesterol, then you would be given this medicine.
- Chelidonium: If you get pain in any or both of the two patterns pain originating under your right shoulder blade and pain in the upper right abdomen, which spreads to the back, you will be prescribed this one.
- Lycopodium: This medicine is usually recommended in case you have a family history of stones in kidney and gall bladder, along with other complications like, chronic digestive disorders, high cholesterol, gastric problems, constipation, peptic ulcers, gas and bloating. The patient may usually get biliary colic pains late in the afternoon. He or she may also get irritated easily, and hate contradicting opinions.
- Natrum sulphuricum: The patient may have any or some of the problems like chronic diarrhea, gall stone pain, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, depression, obesity and problem in joints. On top of that the patient may be too sensitive to changes in humidity and weather. In such a case, Natrum sulphuricum is given.
- Nux vomica: If a patient suffers from nausea, colic pains, spasmodic pains, heartburn and acidity, gas and bloating, and takes too much of rich and oily food and drinks, then this medicine is used to treat gall stones for him or her.
As you can see, there is a remedy for all types of patients. Hence in case of small to medium sized gall stones, you can always retain the gall bladder, avoid surgeries, and keep patience with systematic homeopathic treatment from an expert doctor. You will get positive results soon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I am 22 years old female and I have hysteria. Can I recover from it without using medicine. Now I am using some medicines can I stop using them.
I had missed my period when I went to Dr. is come to know I am suffering from bilateral polycystic ovaries I am using medicine name neera Kya mey ya bimari sey hamesha k liya chitkara mil sakta hey Can I get pregnant? please doct help me I am too worried.
Metabolic syndrome refers to a group of conditions that occur together and increase your chances of developing stroke, diabetes, and heart problems. This set of conditions includes high blood sugar, abnormal levels of cholesterol, abdominal fat, and high blood pressure. More importantly, having just any one of these conditions doesn't mean that you suffer from this problem.
What really brings about this condition?
Experts are still not sure as to what causes the development of this condition; the causes and risk factors can be manifold.
Some of the causes can be:
1. Insulin resistance - A hormone produced by the pancreas in your body, insulin plays the vital role of helping your body to use the glucose as fuel. The problem of insulin resistance causes your body to produce more of this hormone so as to tackle the rising glucose levels in your body. Closely connected to excess belly fat, it causes the development of diabetes.
2. Overweight or obesity - Instances of obesity can also cause you to develop metabolic syndrome. More specifically, abdominal obesity can see your prospect increasingly significantly. It can bring about problems like insulin resistance and other associated conditions.
3. Abnormal hormone levels - Even the behavior of hormones can affect your chances of developing this health condition. For example, the hormonal disorder like PCOS can cause metabolic syndrome.
4. Unhealthy lifestyle - Having too much of processed foods without an adequate amount of physical activity can increase your prospects of developing metabolic syndrome. Eating a heart-healthy diet, which is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fish can help to curb this problem.
How to identify this health condition?
When it comes to symptoms, this group of disorders doesn't reveal any specific signs but symptoms associated with individual health conditions that make up this group. You can come across signs like an increased waistline, or symptoms associated with diabetes like increased urination, a thirsty feeling, blurred vision, and fatigue.
Nonetheless, you're said to suffer from this problem if you exhibit these characteristics:
- Abdominal obesity marked by waist size of over 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women
- Triglyceride levels of 150 and above
- Blood pressure levels of 130/85 and above
- Fasting blood sugar measuring 110 and above
- Good cholesterol levels less than 50 in women and 40 in men
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!