Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lalitha DevadasonYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old female and still virgin. I just want to know that Hyman becomes stronger by the age increases. Because I tried sex 2-3 times but hymen didn't break and was paining more. And not succeeded in sex.
Pain during labor is different for every woman. It ranges widely from woman to woman and even from pregnancy to pregnancy.
It is caused by contractions of the muscles of the uterus and by pressure on the cervix. It's often not the pain of each contraction on its own that women find the hardest, but the fact that the contractions keep coming and that as labor progresses, there is less time between contractions to relax.
To help with pain during labor here are some things you can start doing before or during pregnancy:
- Educate yourself: Take a birth preparation course class. Ask questions to learn about the different stages of labor so you know what to expect. The better prepared you are the more choices you have during labor.
- Regular exercise: Learn several effective techniques to manage pain during childbirth such as position changes and different breathing methods. Prenatal yoga helps strengthening the entire body, increases flexibility, gives you stamina and relaxes your mind. Join Lamaze classes being conducted at your hospital to educate yourself about the ways you can decrease your perception of pain during childbirth through relaxation techniques, breathing exercises or massage. Exercise regularly, but do not over do and stress yourself.
- Find support: Ask your husband to actively participate along with you in the birth preparation classes. Take his support while you exercise. He too would feel involved.
- Stay well nourished: Pay importance to your diet. Include all the necessary nutrients in your diet and avoid foods which are not recommended during pregnancy. Get in touch with a professional nutritionist to get your ideal diet chart designed.
- Stay calm and positive: Negative thoughts make labor stressful and intensify the pain. Labor transforms you, but you need to harness your mental strengths and stay composed. People may push all kinds of suggestions on you during labor; listen but don't feel you have to go along with them. Choose what you feel comfortable with and find the best option for yourself.
Remember, your ability to endure the pain of has nothing to do with your worth as a mother. By preparing and educating yourself you can be ready to decide how to manage during labor and childbirth.
I suffer from severe pain during my menstruation so much so that I cannot avoid taking pain killers for 2 consecutive days. Earlier I use to vomit and my BP use to come down but it has improved since 2 years. All my ultrasound report and uterus report are normal. I consulted 6 doctors till date and most of them say the pain will go gradually after marriage and gave me Iron pills to have. I am married now but this problem is still pertaining. I have been facing this since 7 years. Pls help and guide. Does taking often pain killers during menses is OK? I hope it will not affect me in conceiving in future.
Please give details for the required when no mother milk starts default after pregnancy normal delivery.
Skin around my vagina pains a lil but when I touch it. I am afraid when I will have sex it will cause pain and discomfort. It started when I used a medication for infection in my vagina.
My wife is having all symptoms of pregnancy like sore breast, feeling to vomit, back pain, headache, nausea. 3rd June was her period date and she got her periods 4 days late i. E. On 7th June yesterday. Her periods were heavy and very painful. What can be the reasons? Can she be pregnant? Please help I am very tense.
I am getting period delay and not cmg according to date in month. It various to one month ten days gap I will get month to month, what should I do please suggest me to get my cycle properly .For extract one month.
My colleague from the previous organization is married for 5 years but does not have any children. The couple has gone through all the required test but nothing to worry came out of the report. The couple are very worried and have lost hope. Please do suggest something which can be help full to them.
Diagnostic tests- Females
We provide testing for fertility by all modalities ranging from reproductive hormones to diagnostic ultrasound to ascertain the cause. It is advisable that we make you undergo these tests before your final treatment/ plan of management is started.
- Blood tests – These include a whole array of blood investigation ranging from CBC , Urine routine microscopy, RBS, TSH, PROLACTIN, VDRL, HIV, HBSAG, HCV, AMH. And any other test depending on the history of the couple.
- Transvaginal ultrasound- A complete ultrasound of the uterus an adenexa is done to diagnose any anatomical disorder.
- Specific tests – In cases of recurrent implantation failure and recurrent pregnancy loss or if required other tests are also advised.
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy – For many, this test is an important part of a fertility evaluation .Laparoscopy takes place under general anaesthesia with small incisions made at or just below the navel and the pubic hairline. A laparoscope (a small-diameter telescope) is passed through the incision, which enables one to view the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus and pelvic cavity for abnormalities. We can check that the tubes are open (tubal patency) by injecting dye through the uterus and observing it spill or not through the ends of the fallopian tubes.
Hysteroscopy uses another small-diameter telescope called a hysteroscope. This enables to assess the uterine cavity for abnormalities such as polyps, adhesions or fibroids.
My age is 21 and I am just married but I dont want a baby now. And I dont want to use condom regularly. So please can you suggest me a better way so I can enjoy my married life? Can you tell me the name of any medicine which can prevent pregnancy?
I am 21 years old. My breasts are becoming deflated due to huge weight loss. Can gaining weight fix the problem. I gained 5 kgs but there seem no fullness in upper pole. I am healthy .Please provide some help.
Some medicine/syrup has the exp. Date as best before 24 month. I want to know that can we use these medicine/syrup after that best period or it can not be used after best period mention on the label?
The heart is the most important among the vital organs within the human body. The functioning of all the other vital organs also depends on this and thus cardiology is a mightily important subject as it deals in all the problems and abnormalities of the heart.
What is conservative cardiology?
Cardiology is classified primarily into two disciplines, namely invasive and conservative. As the name implies, conservative cardiology is about taking the minimum steps to get the most out of this discipline without the involvement of major surgeries or other procedures. This is done to minimize risks, quicken healing time and be less painful to the patient.
How conservative cardiology works?
Conservative cardiology isn't just a procedure to resolve a certain issue, but a whole type of approach towards resolving cardiac problems. All parts, from diagnostic to therapy have a different approach compared to invasive cardiology. Let's take a look at those parts.
Some of the diagnostic methods may be similar to invasive cardiology as this is usually the first step in finding the problems with your heart. These are mostly non invasive body and heart examinations. Most of these exams will use:
- A high resolution, state-of-the-art 4D ultrasound scanner
- A CAT scanner with contrast agent to find blockages.
Although invasive cardiology uses the same technology now in most cases, there are other invasive methods to detect blockages. One example of this is the cardiac catheter, which has to be physically inserted into the body for detection of problems.
Therapy for conservative cardiology
Therapy is the actual area where invasive and conservative methods stand out from each other. Conservative cardiology espouses the approach of minimum surgery. It doesn't even follow surgeries like angioplasty which is minimally invasive. Some of the techniques that Conservative cardiology relies upon are:
- Lifestyle changes
- Physiotherapy and exercising
- Constant maintenance
- Changes in nutrition to control and lessen risks
- Reducing stress and other contributing factors of heart disease.
Conservative cardiology takes a more of a preventative approach, the moment a problem is diagnosed. It tries to minimize or at least keep the problem in check by instituting smaller changes. Exercise regimens, relaxation routines, diet changes are all a part of this. However the most important weapons are medications which reduce the imminent danger of cardiac arrests or other cardiac problems. These smaller changes along with medications ensure that the larger problems, for which surgeries may be required, never arise in the first place. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Water is vital for our survival. Our body is constituted with 70% water and we may well surmise from this, how essential water is for our health. For the proper functioning of our body systems, we need to maintain the right proportion of water in our bodies at all points of time. It is often taught to us that drinking water is a habit that must not only be inculcated in one and all but also be practiced diligently. There are certain immediate health benefits attached to consumption of adequate water. It stimulates proper digestion, regulates the kidney functioning and supplies the body with the essential nutrients. Water is one of the best resorts for detoxification of your body. The appropriate quantity of water intake is also necessary for watching over one's weight. Indiscriminate amount of water content in the body often adversely affects your metabolism which in turn asserts a negative impact on your body weight. The ideal amount of water that needs to be consumed varies from person to person. The measure is dependent on one's stature and the level of activity.
What is the correct measure?
Toppling the notions about the standard intake being 8 glasses a day, contemporary physicians recommend that the sufficient quantum of water depends upon a multitude of factors. Climate and altitude is one of them. For drier conditions, the water requirement of the body is more than in those situated in the coastal conditions. Similarly, for those based on higher altitudes, your body shall need more water to sustain than those in the lower areas. Considering the huge influence that your water intake has on your metabolism level, your level of activities also determines how much of water you should consume on a daily basis.
A commendable practice is to reach out for a glass of water the first thing in the morning. You should not remain dehydrated for a fair stretch of time. It often leads to all kinds of ailments. Instead of gulping down large quantities of water at one go, you should drink smaller sips all throughout the day to meet the body's requirements of water adeptly.